Do sony still support the psp ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

I have an old psp that i dusted off and I tried to connect it to my wifi. When it detection my connection there was in grey something written "not secured" next to my connection and it wouldn't let me connect.

I tried to go check if there was a new firmupdate but I have the latest already (6.60) and that came out about 4 years ago or something.

So now I can't even connect my psp because it doesn't recognize new modems :/

So, what do I do here, I trash my psp or there is a way to update it so I can connect myself somehow ?

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

The PSP has issues with wifi and newer routers. This guide should help you to get set up.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSP-Networking/PlayStation-Portable-Router-Configuration-Guide/td-p/18886075

If that fails, there may be a fault with your PSP.

jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts

Yeah I really don't wanna mess with those settings, I'm with Bell for Fibetv and internet and I don't wanna **** things up with this crap. I so regret buying a psp honestly, and not just for this issue.

Anywho, thx for the help Lh.

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#4 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

@jack00 said:

I so regret buying a psp honestly, and not just for this issue.

People in Japan still play on their PSP consoles. But to the rest of the world, the system seems pretty much dead.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

@jack00: Time to get a Vita! :D

I'm not sure what router you are using, but it should have some kind of option to create profiles - and at the very least will have an option to backup it's settings to your PC. Most routers do.

Alternatively, if you just want to buy a PSP game or two from the PlayStation Store, and if you have a PS3, you can buy them and download them to your PS3, then connect the PSP via cable to your PS3 and use the Content Manager app to transfer them.

Good luck.

CashinControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 CashinControl
Member since 2014 • 45 Posts

The Vita pretty much made the PSP obsolete.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@dipdish said:

@jack00 said:

I so regret buying a psp honestly, and not just for this issue.

People in Japan still play on their PSP consoles. But to the rest of the world, the system seems pretty much dead.

I still use my PSP for the old classics such as FF1-9 and gems from the past. Online is still available for some games too.