Do i have to play Assassin's Creed 1 before 2 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FyNoMeNoN
Member since 2004 • 406 Posts

Because i heard the first one was pretty boring and sort of over-rated, also will it be out dated or what ?

Is it ok of i just play 2 and read the story of part 1 on wikipedia just to be on the right track, because i heard the end of it is pretty important to keep track of the storyline. ( No Spoilers please )

SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SomeGuyInLA
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

Because i heard the first one was pretty boring and sort of over-rated, also will it be out dated or what ?

Is it ok of i just play 2 and read the story of part 1 on wikipedia just to be on the right track, because i heard the end of it is pretty important to keep track of the storyline. ( No Spoilers please )

FyNoMeNoN

I actually think its better to skip the first one and go to the second. The first one sucked imo.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

No... you can proceed directly to Assassin's Creed II...

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
Yes, you should play the first assassins creed so you can follow the storyline better, the second game begins right where the first one concluded, I strongly advice you to play the first one before the sequel, specially when Assassins Creed 1 can be found so cheap :P
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Not really. I only played like half of the first one because it was so meh. I jumped right into AC2 and was fine for the most part. There are some videos online that can recap the events in the first one if you want to be more informed.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
Dude, you can totally skip the first one. I actually recommend that you do. Its a crap game and may actually persuade you not to continue on to the second, but the second is absolutely amazing. Nothing about the plot of AC1 really gets revealed til the very end of the game. I'd just do a YouTube search for the ending of AC1. That's more than enough to get you up to speed with what's going on in part 2. Honestly, you could just skip it all together cause part 2 does a better job of explaining it itself.
Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

[QUOTE="FyNoMeNoN"]

SomeGuyInLA

I actually think its better to skip the first one and go to the second. The first one sucked imo.

+1 , the first one is garbage the story sucks its repetitve, the graphics are pretty but its sooooooo Boring.
stratguitar577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stratguitar577
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
yeah and as far as gameplay, you take control of a completely different character in the animus(back in the middle ages), so there is not much correlation except the ending of the first one.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
[QUOTE="FyNoMeNoN"]

If you play AC1 you mght not even want AC2. I'd say youtube the story of the first.
Calviscerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Calviscerate
Member since 2009 • 194 Posts

The only significant part of the story in AC1 is at the end so, just read em up and you're good to go for AC2.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Read AC1's story on Wikipedia and then jump right into the awesomeness of AC2.
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
wwatching a walkthrough or yeah the wikipedia thing will work out for you but definitely make sure you do read the basics
FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FyNoMeNoN
Member since 2004 • 406 Posts

Thanks for the helpful feedback guys !