DNS Error...??? (80710102)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swavo69420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swavo69420
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

I can't connect to the Playstation Network because of an errorwith communicationto server...

Anyone else getting this error???

or is it just me...???

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
That error occurs when your PS3 can't sense an internet connection. For some reason your internet isn't working. Maybe your router or a connection is bad or your modem?
dayday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dayday6
Member since 2004 • 635 Posts
The only time that happens to me is if I switch connections on my modem. I just power down the modem and then reconnect the power and it will connect.
l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

The only time that happens to me is if I switch connections on my modem. I just power down the modem and then reconnect the power and it will connect.dayday6

Buy a router and u wont have that problem anymore, it will also have a hardware firewall built in too so surfing in general will be safer and more secure.

dayday6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dayday6
Member since 2004 • 635 Posts

[QUOTE="dayday6"]The only time that happens to me is if I switch connections on my modem. I just power down the modem and then reconnect the power and it will connect.l34052

Buy a router and u wont have that problem anymore, it will also have a hardware firewall built in too so surfing in general will be safer and more secure.

I have a Linksys router, but have been to lazy to install it. Also my PC is acting up and I don't want to install the router software on my laptop.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts
It only needs to be done once then ur away, surely its worth it for the extra security alone not to mention no more hassles with playin around with ur modem everytime u wanna go online.
thageneral2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thageneral2
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts
[QUOTE="l34052"]

[QUOTE="dayday6"]The only time that happens to me isif I switch connections on my modem. I just power down the modem and then reconnect the power and it will connect.dayday6

I have a Linksys router, but have been to lazy to install it. Also my PC is acting up and I don't want to install the router software on my laptop.

I dont think there is anything to install routers work even when not connected to a computer

vix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 vix
Member since 2003 • 2803 Posts
i'm getting the same error and it happened randomly while folding. the modem knows the ps3 is there though...
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
Same here...it was right in the middle of me kicking some butt in WarHawk!!! lol
MCCTheOcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MCCTheOcho
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
To fix this, Disable your Media server. You will have no need for this anyways. its located in Network Settings. Then restart the PS3..should work.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I don't know if it's just me but the PS3 has too many internet issues. It really becomes annoying after you get a million different 807!!! errors. Stupid Sony needs to figure something out.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I keep getting the same thing! It's so annoying!
Wave360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wave360
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
I justdissable my wireless router than re-connect it and its good for about another month, then i get the error again and i repeat the process...
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Does ayone ever disconnected randomly when playing online?

I play wirelessly, so yeah. Is this normal?

There are times when I get a solid connection and can play for hours, and there are times where I get disconnected like, every half hour.

My signal runs at about 50-80%.

Could that be why?

Should I switch to wired?

bludude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bludude
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

norman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 norman93
Hey all I am facing the DNS error (80710102) on my ps3. I have WIFI AND the signal is perfect(100%) and my secondary dns is 0.0.0.0 so i can't replace it with the primary one, also I can browse on the web but can't log on the playstation network and or any other online appliation. So please if you have any solutions for me reply A.S.A.P.
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ScorpiuS739
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
For those w/ DNS issues. Also you can try to manually enter in the DNS in your connection settings on the PS3. You can get your dns info primary and secondary from your ISP, I do tech support for a ISP so yeaa I hear this kinda stuff all the time. Also you can try to enter the DNS manually in your router settings as well. It's a frustrating issue but once you get it resolved it usually doesn't happen often, at least for me it hasn't.
norman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 norman93
yeah but how to enter the dns manually in the router settings, plus when i make the internet connection test on my p3, the test on the playstation network fails, and my wifi's speed is 128kb so is it enough for ps3.
norman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 norman93
Is 128kb (WIFI) enough for online gaming on ps3.
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ScorpiuS739
Barely I would say thats about 3 times fast than dial up. I am on 3000k :) I'm happy with it
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ScorpiuS739
Also known as 3Mb
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
I get this alot too. Everything else in my house that's on wireless runs without a hitch 360, Wii and my PC but PS3 never fails to drop it's connection with that error.
INeedAids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 INeedAids
Member since 2005 • 150 Posts
You need to open up some ports from your router in its settings, call sony or google it.
norman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 norman93
10x for the info
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts
try updating your router that can cause to have DNS error its where the router is not compatible but when the update of the router it makes it compatible
nfglory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nfglory
Member since 2004 • 73 Posts
Wow someone gave the solution on like the first page....all you need to do is go into network settings and DISABLE YOUR MEDIA SERVER
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts
yeah switch to a wired connection instead of a wireless one, then your problems should go awaybludude
this is the best way to go
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
Wow someone gave the solution on like the first page....all you need to do is go into network settings and DISABLE YOUR MEDIA SERVERnfglory
that does not fix the problem, the problem still persist with that option turned off.
amarant16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 amarant16
Member since 2003 • 42 Posts

Does ayone ever disconnected randomly when playing online?

I play wirelessly, so yeah. Is this normal?

There are times when I get a solid connection and can play for hours, and there are times where I get disconnected like, every half hour.

My signal runs at about 50-80%.

Could that be why?

Should I switch to wired?

Scianix-Black

In respone to this, I am wireless with about the same signal and never have any problems at all so i am not sure what the problem is. I personally HATE wires so i would not hard wire it :)

corpse-monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 corpse-monger
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I am experiencing the dreaded DNS Error...here's how it went down. Hopefully, for the love of god, someone can help. I bought a PS3 from an pal-of-a-pal and it worked just fine, from top to bottom. Eventually however, it fried-out, and I had to get it repaired at a local shop. Once again, all was right with the world. A couple'a months later it fried-out again (as occasionally happens), and I brought it back to the same place, who cheerfully fixed it again for free. SO here's where I'm at; the PS3 works just fine, but now it refuses to go online. At first it wouldn't retrieve the ISP address. I looked up the problem, found the nubers required, and fixed that problem...but NOW I'm getting the damned DNS error. I looked up some numbers for that, they didn't work. I turned off the media server, nada. I'm hooked up directly to the modem, and I tried unplugging that, plugging it back, and starting the PS back up, no dice (maybe I didn't wait long enough, or something). EVERY bit of advice I dig up calls for the above, or some router trick that doesn't apply to me. I even tried system restore in a fit of desperation, only to wind up no closer to the internet. So, how do I find out the proper DNS numbers, or pull off some other trick that can get me back online?!?
Shadow_Faux13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shadow_Faux13
Contact your Internet Service Provider and ask them what these numbers are. After you have them enter them manually on your PS3 and also on your router.
EpicMoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 EpicMoment
About a month ago i bought a brand new 120GB PS3. I like alot of other people, am having the DNS error. It is really getting on my nerves because i have tried everything that people have listed. I restarted my modem, changed my IP address and DNS numbers. I also tried updating my system and that did not work either. I have my PS3 hooked up to my modem directly. My modem is a Arris Model: TM502G.Can someone please help me fix this problem?
MGS-Mercenary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MGS-Mercenary
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

Here is an old post from a different issue, but doing all of what is says SHOULD fix the DNS error 80710102.

Here is the post topic and my post:http://bit.ly/e8PVBV

And here is an actual copy of my post:

First things first, disable media server unless you absolutely need it, searching for an extra service slows the whole system down. Second of all, if you can narrow it down to a router issue, then your ps3 isn't receiving the download right. I would guess you are in one of two situations. 1. You have an OLD router that does not support UpNp or 2. That you have an older router (3-4 years) and it either doesn't have the latest firmware or has very poor UpNp control. For this reason, I suggest you find the appropriate firmware for you router online and apply it. Directionshere. If that doesn't work, disable UpNp through the PS3 network settings and put your PS3 in the DMZ, which is 99.9% safe. Guide for that foundhere. Before you do that, perhaps configuring your network for speed and statically would work best. Here is aguide. Instead of using the two DNS servers the link I just listed tells you, go to this link, run the 100% harmlessprogramon your computer. It is confirmed safehereand you can confirm ithere.Use the top two DNS's from the "Response Time" category, and maybe your router/patch issues will get better. I've had to do a lot of research to get my PS3's online working well, so I hope I can help you too!

By the way, just a quick explanation of what UpNp and the DMZ is. UpNp is a protocol found on most routers that opens ports (which are little network tunnels ranging from 1-65535 about) on the fly in your network if an application or programs needs to do so. Think of it like toll booths in a city that lets people in when they need to come in. The only problem with UpNp is that some applications have trouble communicating with it, or sometimes a whole set of applications, like that used by the PS3. For this reason, UpNp can be helpful, but not always. The DMZ, on the other hand, is a protocol for a certain IP address though a router (like your PS3's) that keeps all ports open at all times. If an application needs to use a port, it doesn't need to communicate with UpNp, it just goes right through. DMZ is 99.9% good on PS3s but 100% bad on PCs. Ports open up way for malicious network traffic, which on a PC, will bypass much of the firewall and infiltrate a computer. However, as long as the DMZ assigned IP address is that of the PS3 ONLY, the PS3 is the only device at risk, and the PS3 is not the target of network villains, so it is not much of a concern. With all of this being said, unless your router has the very newest UpNp software and firmware, the DMZ is usually the more preferable choice. Just make sure though, that either UpNp is on OR the DMZ, not both at the same time, they can cause conflicts with each-other.

Good Luck!

xxxSIKSxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xxxSIKSxxx
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Here's another solution that worked for me: change your "MAC Filtering" setting. I have all of my computers/consoles specified by their MAC addresses to my router. So once I added my ps3's MAC address, it worked! I had this customized when I set up my dlink router, so it was blocking my new ps3 from connecting. There's also a "DMZ" setting on some routers, which allows you to specify an IP to connect "outside" of the router, which I also changed, so either of these could work. If you don't know how to "modify" your router's settings, you can look it up. Router brands use a default IP address for their routers, so just search the brand and model number with your preferred search engine. Or you can use the "run" or "command Prompt" (in windows) and type "ipconfig". This will show many IPs, but dont freak. Look for the "gateway" IP under the "Ethernet adapter" heading. Thats the IP to your router. Then type this into any browser as the web address and it should pull up your router settings page. Hope this helps!