DMC4 news stems the tide for the "big" update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TALISMANJ
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

First we get news from Sony that the "Big" update will be a small update.

Then we get the news from Microsoft that DMC4 is now multiplatform w/ simultaneous release dates.

Just like Halo 3 will release right around the same time PS Home is launched.

Microsoft, so far, has tattooed Sony at almost every turn.

All that's left is for Microsoft to release a HDMI (Digital) version of the 360 for true 1080P games.

Come on, Sony!

amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

what happened is happened

let's hope for the best

lazeaai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lazeaai
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
I don't really care about DMC4 because im still going to play it. So meh. But what did you mean by the big update being small?
arabi_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 arabi_89
Member since 2006 • 1299 Posts

DMC4 is multiplatform.. ok.. so what exclusives do we still have ?

Capcommaycry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Capcommaycry4
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

DMC4 is multiplatform.. ok.. so what exclusives do we still have ?

arabi_89
MGS4 FF13 GOW3 SOC2 socom4 white knight story hevanly sword warhawk lair capcom ITS WRONG I SAY,ITS WRONG!!!
-Holtz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Holtz-
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts
why are people acting as if we have lost DMC? we still get to play it. we just have to share, the 360 has done exactly the same thing, Oblivion,Fear, Fightnight ect
Cap_n_Crunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cap_n_Crunch
Member since 2004 • 492 Posts
why are people acting as if we have lost DMC? we still get to play it. we just have to share, the 360 has done exactly the same thing, Oblivion,Fear, Fightnight ect-Holtz-

Fear and Oblivion were both muli-platform as soon as they hit the 360 - these titles were both exclusive to PC gamers for months before their release on Xbox. Also, Fightnight is considered to be an annual or semi annual sports title release from EA, meaning it will always be multi-platform, just like NBA Street, Madden, the NHL series etc. Also Fightnight was announced it would be available on both consoles immediately. There was no guessing work involved or politics on weather or not the game would be exclusive, it was well known when they announced the title that it wouldn't be.

DMC 4 is different because the series has always been a staple of Sony. No other console was expected to get this title. Announcements like this are more disturbing because they are expected to be exclusive to Sony and could potentially boost overall console sales. Losing exclusives like this may not seem like a big deal but when titles go multi platform, it hurts the sales dramatically for each company involved (i.e Sony, Microsoft etc). The only real winners are people like Capcom who end up shipping more overall units because of the ports.

Just my two cents.
Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts
DMC will be better on the PS3 anyhow...sucks that PS3 lost it,but I'm sure new franchises are on the way.I'll leave video games forever before I'll buy into M$.
TALISMANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TALISMANJ
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts

[QUOTE="-Holtz-"]why are people acting as if we have lost DMC? we still get to play it. we just have to share, the 360 has done exactly the same thing, Oblivion,Fear, Fightnight ectCap_n_Crunch

Fear and Oblivion were both muli-platform as soon as they hit the 360 - these titles were both exclusive to PC gamers for months before their release on Xbox. Also, Fightnight is considered to be an annual or semi annual sports title release from EA, meaning it will always be multi-platform, just like NBA Street, Madden, the NHL series etc. Also Fightnight was announced it would be available on both consoles immediately. There was no guessing work involved or politics on weather or not the game would be exclusive, it was well known when they announced the title that it wouldn't be.

DMC 4 is different because the series has always been a staple of Sony. No other console was expected to get this title. Announcements like this are more disturbing because they are expected to be exclusive to Sony and could potentially boost overall console sales. Losing exclusives like this may not seem like a big deal but when titles go multi platform, it hurts the sales dramatically for each company involved (i.e Sony, Microsoft etc). The only real winners are people like Capcom who end up shipping more overall units because of the ports.

Just my two cents.

I agree completely. Sony's initial sales pitch had blu-ray, HDMI, 1080P games, and exclusives like MGS4 & DMC4.

Does Sony realize the bell has rung already and were in the early rounds of a 15 round championship bout?

Avatar image for kilgoreTrout_xl
kilgoreTrout_xl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kilgoreTrout_xl
Member since 2005 • 2308 Posts
No big deal. Dead Rising 1 or 2 and Lost Planet 1 or 2 will be announced for the PS3 in the near future. Those are (or will be) excellent games.
ricd1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ricd1999
Member since 2003 • 38 Posts
What Capcommaycry4 is saying is true, we still have the exclusives that matter.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
DMC will be better on the PS3 anyhow...sucks that PS3 lost it,but I'm sure new franchises are on the way.I'll leave video games forever before I'll buy into M$.
Shu76
It will be nice to see how a title that was originally on the ps3 only looks when its converted, lets hope its not better on 360 like cod3 etc. That would cause a storm.
Sigil-otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sigil-otaku
Member since 2007 • 1234 Posts
In other words, we have the exclusives that matter. ricd1999
??? Where'd you get that from? Exclusives are all about preferance so it could be if you prefer those games that Sony has gt the ones that matter. For me FF's have gone a little stale and worsened since FF7 so I don't bother with them anymore (if they make a remake of 7 or 8 I'm jumping straight for a PS3), God of war isn't as good as ninja gaiden in my opinion, lair looks okay but I want to see real game play not trailers, havenly sword looked unimpressive to me, I want metal gear solid 4 really bad cos it looks great but still not seen any gameplay, Don't care about socom (will stick with gears of war), don't know what white knight is and Warhawk isn't a full game anymore cos it's going to be on the playstation network as a download since theyv'e had problems making it. For the 360 DOA4, Lost oddyssey, Ninja gaiden 2, gears of war, Mass effect and a few others are good for me so I like the 360 alot aswell. But I really would like Tekken 6, MGS 4, GoW 3 (I prefer ninja gaiden but it's still good), FF 13 (I prefer the oold ones but FF is FF so it gets my money) and ofcourse I would love to try some other games but can't think of any at the moment.
nextgenmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nextgenmaster
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts
[QUOTE="Shu76"]DMC will be better on the PS3 anyhow...sucks that PS3 lost it,but I'm sure new franchises are on the way.I'll leave video games forever before I'll buy into M$.
the1stmoonfly
It will be nice to see how a title that was originally on the ps3 only looks when its converted, lets hope its not better on 360 like cod3 etc. That would cause a storm.

Thats what I was thinking. Capcom said they would take advantage of every consoles strengths...which means they will probably lie and just port it BUT look for riots to occur if the 360 has better visuals and lighitng, physics etc. because most of us (me included) would like to believe that the PS3 is more powerful even though the other multiplats, Oblivion being the exception look better on the 360.

I said many times that DMC4 would not go 360...heres to eating my words lol.......(rolls arund in self-pity, self-loathing, and self ownage):P

This is just a game that we all knew from Sony consoles...and that wall has been tore down.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
[QUOTE="ricd1999"]In other words, we have the exclusives that matter. Sigil-otaku
??? Where'd you get that from? Exclusives are all about preferance so it could be if you prefer those games that Sony has gt the ones that matter. For me FF's have gone a little stale and worsened since FF7 so I don't bother with them anymore (if they make a remake of 7 or 8 I'm jumping straight for a PS3), God of war isn't as good as ninja gaiden in my opinion, lair looks okay but I want to see real game play not trailers, havenly sword looked unimpressive to me, I want metal gear solid 4 really bad cos it looks great but still not seen any gameplay, Don't care about socom (will stick with gears of war), don't know what white knight is and Warhawk isn't a full game anymore cos it's going to be on the playstation network as a download since theyv'e had problems making it. For the 360 DOA4, Lost oddyssey, Ninja gaiden 2, gears of war, Mass effect and a few others are good for me so I like the 360 alot aswell. But I really would like Tekken 6, MGS 4, GoW 3 (I prefer ninja gaiden but it's still good), FF 13 (I prefer the oold ones but FF is FF so it gets my money) and ofcourse I would love to try some other games but can't think of any at the moment.

Yikes! Ninja Gaiden over God of War!!! Well you're entitled to your opinion. Warhawk will be released on BD as well.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
[QUOTE="ricd1999"]In other words, we have the exclusives that matter. Sigil-otaku

first warhawk will be on blu-ray confirmed by sony. heavily sword has been in prodution for 3 years now. so a 3 year made game always turns out fantastic.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I guess there's a lesson to be learned in these forums---no one can tell you that a game is an exclusive any longer (unless it's actually made by Sony or MS or Nintendo). I've read so many threads a while back with people saying how stupid it was to say that DMC4 will be available to the 360. As long as a company will make money, that's the only exclusive we can be sure of.