divx video files, subtitles wont work????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

carterhc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 carterhc
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts

i have a bunch of divx video files where i need the subtitles

i have the divx file and another src or somin file that carries the subtitles. how would i activate the subtitles while i play the divx video ????

thanks in advance

zombie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 zombie91
Member since 2005 • 567 Posts
Normally the srt text file containing the subtitles needs to be named exactly like the video file. I've had problems even with this though. What I've been doing is just re-encoding the file and just embedding the subtitles during re-encode then I don't have to worry about it not working. I get unsupported format when it should be working.
Macri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Macri
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts
download the DivX converter from DivX.com and you can merge the subtitle file to the video during conversion.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

download the DivX converter from DivX.com and you can merge the subtitle file to the video during conversion.Macri

Thank you, I've been trying to figure out how to do that... hopefully the loss of quality from converting it again won't be too severe.

win8ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 win8ca
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Try software freeware AVIAddXSub http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php
You can add up to 8 subtitles to any Divx file without re-econding the video, you just need ~2 minutes per .AVI
From PS3, choose subtitle options from the "triangle" button, works like DVD subtitle behavior.
Also works on regular DVD player capable to play Divx files (like Sony DVD players)

This is the best alternative I found !

mickel1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mickel1982
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Here you have a good internet site where they show you in a easy way how to put the srt subtitle into the movie so that the ps3 can read the subtitle, on that site is also the link to the free program that you use to put the subtitle inside the movie. www.how2download.net