Dishonored Predictions (I'm predicting a mediocre rating)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

If you have followed any game that Bethesda has Published, they always seem to get low to mediocre ratings. There are some exceptions, for example Rage, and Wet. I've taken the 6 most recent games Published and Developed by Bethesda and put ratings next to them with an average also. Look at the following games Published, not developed by Bethesda:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow: 6.5

Rogue Warrior: 2.0

Wet: 7.5

Brink: 6.0

Hunted: The Demon's Forge: 5.0

Rage: 8.0

Average Score: 5.8

Now lets look at the games that were developed my Bethesda, again there is aa couple of exceptions to the rule, for example Fallout: New Vegas.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall: 8.4

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: 8.7

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: 9.6

Fallout 3: 9.0

Fallout: New Vegas: 7.5

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: 9.0

Average Score: 8.7

NOTE: The reviews are taken from Gamespot itself, so take these ratings with a grain of salt.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
7.5, 6.0 and 8.0 are considered mediocre ratings now? Um okay. This game looks like it's genuinely interesting and doing things that set it apart from a lot of games out there.
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 InstantKlassick

7.5, 6.0 and 8.0 are considered mediocre ratings now? Um okay. This game looks like it's genuinely interesting and doing things that set it apart from a lot of games out there.anime_gamer007

I stated that Rage and Wet were the exceptions to the rules. But yes I consider a six mediocre.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Bethesda owns Arkane. Since Zenimax bought Bethesda they have been acquiring top talent all over.
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 InstantKlassick

Just from the info I have seen here on Gamespot, I expect them to give it a rating that is lower than others. I am a huge fan of Bethesda and I hope dishonored gets a great rating as it deserves. I was just noting the way gamespot rates games.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm expecting an 8.0-8.5. Not mediocre in my opinion.

Regardless of the score, I'll be getting it. The game is trying new things and I feel like I need to support new IPs that try to innovate, unlike the countless sequels we've seen this gen.

InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 InstantKlassick

Regardless of the score, I'll be getting it. The game is trying new things and I feel like I need to support new IPs that try to innovate, unlike the countless sequels we've seen this gen.

Vari3ty

No thats not mediocre at all. I will be getting it also regardless of the rating it gets. I just hope that Gamespot lets a descent reviewer rate it....

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

I'm expecting an 8 or above. The game is pretty much a steampunk version of Deus Ex. The artstyle is fantastic, the gameplay looks brilliant, and it allows for a lot of creativity - I would say even more than DE:HR allowed for, and coming from me that says a lot. Sadly, I have not the time nor the money to buy it day 1, I am however planning on buying it early next year. But yeah, I have good hopes for it.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Score doesn't really concern me. Hunted was enjoyable as well as Wet, heard good things about Rage and Brink. But I suspect another glitchy game.

a92fernandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 a92fernandez
Member since 2012 • 124 Posts
I kept hearing from trailers how stealth is only an option, and you won't believe how much that annoys me.
cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

8.0 to 9.0. Quote me on that bro.....

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I kept hearing from trailers how stealth is only an option, and you won't believe how much that annoys me.a92fernandez

dont think that is true. I have seen walkthroughs from the developers. One mission, both play styles. Run and Gun and stealth.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

[QUOTE="a92fernandez"]I kept hearing from trailers how stealth is only an option, and you won't believe how much that annoys me.Terrencec06

dont think that is true. I have seen walkthroughs from the developers. One mission, both play styles. Run and Gun and stealth.

Read what he said again. The literal interpretation of his statement is that's he annoyed that it's "only" an option, which would indicate he may have wanted it to be a full stealth game. If he meant "is the only option", then I don't know what he's been watching, because, even though they've been emphasizing the versatility in the stealth domain (to distinguish themselves from the typical run-and-gunner), all demos I've seen have all mentioned that run-and-gun is a viable option. As to this thread, it's a little ridiculous to say a game will or won't be good based on the publisher. It's the developer who makes the game, and this wouldn't be the first time that a publisher has one or two good studios in a handful mediocre ones.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Well, every podcast from E3 & GamesCom has gently wet themselves talking about it... So there's already a bit of a shine on the as-yet unseen-unplayed apple. Anything which sort of builds up that bally-hoo in the gaming press is a bit suspect, to me anymore. We'll see, of course, but i think it's going to pull down a "Good" score, so over 7. No higher than an 8.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
I really wanna like this game, but I am still not sure yet.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#16 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I don't think creating an average score will make any difference to Dishonored on release. I reckon it will get between 7 and 8 from Gamespot. But ultimately I don't care what Gamespot thinks, I'll get it day 1 and no doubt enjoy it a lot.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#17 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I kept hearing from trailers how stealth is only an option, and you won't believe how much that annoys me.a92fernandez

Having options is far better than being forced down a route. You can still go all stealth if you want, but why should that stop everyone else from playing differently. Besides, in staying with stealth it would eliminate many of the unique powers you'll get.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="Terrencec06"]

[QUOTE="a92fernandez"]I kept hearing from trailers how stealth is only an option, and you won't believe how much that annoys me.homegirl2180

Read what he said again. The literal interpretation of his statement is that's he annoyed that it's "only" an option, which would indicate he may have wanted it to be a full stealth game. If he meant "is the only option", then I don't know what he's been watching, because, even though they've been emphasizing the versatility in the stealth domain (to distinguish themselves from the typical run-and-gunner), all demos I've seen have all mentioned that run-and-gun is a viable option. As to this thread, it's a little ridiculous to say a game will or won't be good based on the publisher. It's the developer who makes the game, and this wouldn't be the first time that a publisher has one or two good studios in a handful mediocre ones.

I do believe you are right. I stand corrected

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I'm predicting a good score. One of the guys responsible for the game (Harvey Smith) worked on all these games.

Super Wing Commander (Tester)
Ultima VIII: Pagan (Lead Tester/ Designer)
CyberMage: Darklight Awakening (Associate Producer)
System Shock (Lead Tester)
Fireteam Rogue (Lead Designer)
Deus Ex (Lead Designer)
Deus Ex: Invisible War (Creative Director)
BlackSite: Area 51 (Studio Creative Director)
KarmaStar (Designer/Producer)
Dishonored (Co-Creative Director)

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
Thus far, I like what I see in this one.
Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts

Vari3ty
That's what I'm also expecting... The game is looking good...
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I've heard positive, very positive feedback from people on Youtube that had a chance to play a demo of the game. Hannah from the Yogscast being one of them. (which doesn't have to mean too much perhaps, but still. sorry Hannah :P )

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I think it will score 8.0

InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 InstantKlassick

I hope we see it getting a good score, I was just concerned by how badly GS will trash it. The reveiws I posted are not of my opinion, they are just facts that I took from this site, showing that there is what looks like some biased scores.