Disgaea Question about Etna Mode

This topic is locked from further discussion.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

I just got disgaea afternoon of darkness and was about to start it when i came across etna mode on the cheats and hints portion of gamespot. And i was wondering if it would be better to play it on etna mode or standard mode?

Im new to the disgaea universe and know nothing about it what-so-ever. Also I dont care to play it again the the other mode in whatever i decide after hearing your guys' opinions. Thanks

Avatar image for StAzKrnchyNMilk
StAzKrnchyNMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 StAzKrnchyNMilk
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts
as far as i am aware you have to beat the game before etna mode unlocks. but as far as differences gameplay wise theres no change, accept you cant use Laharl. The difference is in the way the story plays out.
aots_twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 aots_twilight
Member since 2004 • 1402 Posts

There is a cheat that enables you to play Etna mode at the beginning. However, it is not recommended as the monsters will be at a higher level than the normal storyline.

Players are suggested to play through the original story then play Etna mode to be at least prepared.

davidiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 davidiam
Member since 2005 • 383 Posts

If you beat the game then start Etna Mode, the enemies are Lv. 65+.

If you use the cheat code and unlock Etna Mode, the enemies are Lv. 1+.

I wanted to see how the story was once, so I used the cheat. I found it more hilarious than the main mode, but that's just me.