Disappointments, Disappointments, Disapointsments

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

A lot of the games that I wanted to get got ripped apart by critics and now I am very hesitant. About 80% of the time I will agree with a gamespot review but there is always a game that they don't give enough credit too or give too much credit.

These are the following disappoints for 2010:

M.A.G.

Dante's Inferno

Aliens Vs. Predator

White Knight Chronicles

Now with M.A.G, AVP and WKC I have friends that have them and they say they are awesome but as everyone knows it is saddening to see a very anticipated title get a low or average review.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
deactivated-5bc291bf3d647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5bc291bf3d647
Member since 2009 • 6466 Posts
so.... what are we discussing here?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
MAG got an 8... i wouldnt say thats disappointing... i didnt really care about dantes inferno. but yeah avp and WKC were sad.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I have absolutely NO problem with any of the scores. They're all in the range of the score I'd probably give them.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

u do no u dont have to listen to the reviews all the time

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Is your enjoyment of the game dependent on the score? If it is, it shouldn't be.

ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

I think MAG met the hype so I wouldn't really call it a dissappointment.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
Oddly enough the scores these games got are pretty spot on. The only thing I can't really testify for is WKC, but its been scoring within the same range across the board. However, low scores don't mean you can't enjoy a game. It just takes someone with a special kind of interest to get the most out of some games.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

A lot of the games that I wanted to get got ripped apart by critics and now I am very hesitant. About 80% of the time I will agree with a gamespot review but there is always a game that they don't give enough credit too or give too much credit.

M.A.G.

Dante's Inferno

Aliens Vs. Predator

White Knight Chronicles

Now with M.A.G, AVP and WKC I have friends that have them and they say they are awesome but as everyone knows it is saddening to see a very anticipated title get a low or average review.

Mighty-Lu-Bu
agree 100% allot of good tittles with little results. looks like a boring year coming. but thats good. i got allot of older games to catch up on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

[QUOTE="Mighty-Lu-Bu"]

M.A.G.

Dante's Inferno

Aliens Vs. Predator

White Knight Chronicles

donmega1

agree 100% allot of good tittles with little results. looks like a boring year coming. but thats good. i got allot of older games to catch up on.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Like I said earlier agree with gamespot about 80% of the time but in my opinion these should all have gotten higher ratings.

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

u do no u dont have to listen to the reviews all the time

hiphopballer
Yeah bro, come on, just rent them out for a night each and then decide yourself.
Tripleseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tripleseed
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

[QUOTE="donmega1"][QUOTE="Mighty-Lu-Bu"]

M.A.G.

Dante's Inferno

Aliens Vs. Predator

White Knight Chronicles

Mighty-Lu-Bu

Thats exactly what I was thinking. Like I said earlier agree with gamespot about 80% of the time but in my opinion these should all have gotten higher ratings.

Why? Dante's Inferno and White Knight Chronicles are unoriginal tripe, apparently Aliens vs. Predator 2 was the last good AvP game, and M.A.G. is just another mediocre lazy shooter. Lazy in the sense that it has no single-player component, it took a long time to come out, and the multiplayer isn't even that great, much less fun. Sorry it disappoints you, but there are tons of other good games coming out this year. It's not going to be a year on par with last year (for the PS3), but 09 was a monstrous year to top.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

When I saw WKC scores I was verydisappointed but I bought it anyway and to my surprise the game's really good. The problem is that when you compare it to other rpg's like Mass Effect or Fallout then WKC does not stand a chance. You just can't scores with a 9...

If you're a jrpg I asure you that you'll gonna love the games. Specially the online aspect.

BTW expect FFXIII to score no higher than an 8. The same with Last Rebellion and Resonance of Fate. That's just the way it is with jrpg's.

Fantasticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fantasticus
Member since 2009 • 666 Posts
i only play games that get good reviews.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
For me its the opposite. Tons of high scoring critically acclaimed games that were bland experiences and in the end disappointed me and I regretted spending $60.... RE5, MW2. MGS4, some 360 exclusives and so forth. Score, critics, and popular opinion mean dick...
ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts

never listen to website or magazine scores as usually they are bought and paid for, only listen to player-made reviews. metacritic is the best or amazon, tons of player reviews there

-HIV-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -HIV-
Member since 2005 • 130 Posts
MAG got an 8, that is good enough if you ask me.
Ocid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ocid1
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

Don't just look at the score and decide whether the game is a disappointment or not. Read the actual text of the review.

Theres been games that have been highly praised by reviewers that i haven't enjoyed and others that get trashed in scores that i've highly enjoyed.

Make your own mind up when it comes to the quality of a game rather than some number.

klemen42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 klemen42
Member since 2010 • 93 Posts

From when is 8 a bad score?

Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

Holy crap. Get MAG out of there & you have a compelling list. 8.0 is NOT a dissapointment by any means. Try reading the actual text of the review. a lot of time reviewers will tell you WHY a good game got a scaled back score.

yamachamama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yamachamama
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
WKC has a lot of room for improvement (and we've actually seen vast improvement over the past 18 months for the Japanese original), but I think it is at least an 8.5. We got the game here in Japan a while ago and it wasn't popular at first here either. I played it for a couple of months and then moved on to One Piece on the Wii! However, I had only played the offline story mode and didn't even try to experience the online world. Now, the game is proving to be a disaster for my sleep habits as I am quite addicted. I do wish for many things with the game like expanded maps and new monsters but the dozens of quests, hundreds of difficult to acquire weapons and armor, and the multitude of the Geonet is proving to be so worth the $20 I paid for the used copy of the game. This is not a game for action players. It's not about how fast you can shoot or how lucky your aim is. The game allows you to create your own character and then explore all the different possible battle styles, weapons and armors. Decisions have consequences and so character building takes thought and time. This is really a game for people who still love traditional RPG and all their pros and cons. It's proven to be a great gaming experience that looks to only get better! I can tell you I will but the 2nd installment when it comes out.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
If you understand what WKC is and invest the time it's the kind of game that will devour your soul. Only 3 hours into the game I was wondering what the heck the reviewers actually reviewed. I just finished the single player and now I'm really wondering how reviewers came to their conclusion.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
[QUOTE="donmega1"][QUOTE="Mighty-Lu-Bu"]

M.A.G.

Dante's Inferno

Aliens Vs. Predator

White Knight Chronicles

Either you don't like shooters or you haven't plopped down your money yet on a very addiciting and fun game that is called MAG. I could care less for its score, it blows call a noob out of the water, and makes bc2 seem as if your strolling through a park. The others I hope yall didn't have much hype for. Which MAG I had NO hype for but it pleasantly surprised me.
krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

MAG wasn't a disappointment.

This new year has been good to me, but I like different games.

BioShock 2 rocks.

Heavy Rain will too. And so will Battlefield: BC2.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

M.A.G.

Dante's Inferno

Aliens Vs. Predator

White Knight Chronicles

Mighty-Lu-Bu
MAG - ive heard a lot of good things about it, so not really a disappoint DI - replace with GoW3. problem solved AvP...no advice here :P WKC - replace with Star Ocean or FF13. problem solved :)
Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
well thats kinda why i dont read the game reviews. just about the only thing i look for is what the good and the bad are that Gamespot does. . thats all i care about. also as i have continued my playing of games i have become much better about picking out the renters and the buyers,.,,, MAG = Rent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

For me its the opposite. Tons of high scoring critically acclaimed games that were bland experiences and in the end disappointed me and I regretted spending $60.... RE5, MW2. MGS4, some 360 exclusives and so forth. Score, critics, and popular opinion mean dick...YoungSinatra25

Are you serious??? Resident Evil wasn't not the best in the series I will admit but it was in no way shape or form a bad game. MW2 had an ok campaign but it has it awesome multiplayer and MGS4 is probably one of the BEST games on PS3. MGS4 was the first MGS game I ever played and because of it I played all of the other ones. The MGS series has a good track record and you must not like games like that if you didn't care for it.

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

how is 8 out of 10 a BAD score?

lolololololololololololololololololol

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

maybe their being overly harsh this year to make up for all the undeserving high scores they threw out last year...COUGH...im looking at you gta4...COUGH

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
lol i didnt have to high expectations of dantes inferno as soon as i herd it was by EA lol
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

Reviews are just like your thread, all opinion. What does it matter if a game got a lower review than you expected? If you like it then that's all that counts. MAG by the way is not dissappointing, I thinkit's great but that's my opinion.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#32 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Dante's Inferno is great, MAG is a complete waste of time

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
How is MAG a disappointment? The general consensus was that the beta sucked and it wouldn't score above 7.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

never listen to website or magazine scores as usually they are bought and paid for, only listen to player-made reviews. metacritic is the best or amazon, tons of player reviews there

ekultus

I don't understand how someone can belittle professional reviews while praising player reviews when they are essentially the same thing.

And, I don't see how MAG is a disappointment.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Dante's Inferno is awesome so far. I'm having tons of fun playing it. I definitely wouldn't call it a disappointment. The score was a bit disappointing, but the game itself has been anything but. As for the others, I can't judge since I haven't played them yet, but I hardly think an 8.0 on MAG would be a disappointment. I wasn't expecting AVP to do well from the start and I'm not sure anyone else really was either so I'm not sure if that's more of a disappointment, or just a bad game that we all already knew was gonna be bad :? The WKC score was disappointing though. I was really looking forward to the game but after seeing the score I decided to hold off on it. I do still plan to play it eventually, but its not very high on my priority list atm.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

8 is a pretty good score for a online only game like mag, it does exactly what i was hoping for so no disapointment here , the other two i was never considering to buy

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Guess you ain't played them then.
sephaien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sephaien
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
i only play games that get good reviews.Fantasticus
then you will be disappointed in darksiders.