Disappointed in warhawk...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mobius1979
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts
Ok i just bought the game after reading how every body swearing how good the game is....played for an hour, well the game is not for me...way too cartoony for me, yeh ok it can be fun but i have as much if not more fun playing R6V and GRAW2. I just wish there was a demo...i just wasted $40. I ll try to play some more tonight to see if i can get into it but right now i m going to play GRAW2.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts
Hmm what didn't you specifically like about warhawk if you don't mind me asking :D, thinking about buying it or not right now...
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
wow your going to miss out on alot of good games like folklore or rachet and clank ect. there will be to cartoony.
wmg1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

#4 wmg1299
Member since 2005 • 1154 Posts
I am enjoying the game so far, but It is definately not what I expected. I probably wouldn't have gotten the game if I had known there was no single player story mode. I like playing online, but there are no online instructions available yet and I can't figure out all of the weapons/tactics/goals etc. I see it as a work in progress, and hope the instructions will be available soon.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GARRYTH
Hmm what didn't you specifically like about warhawk if you don't mind me asking :D, thinking about buying it or not right now...fistoflight
read it he say it is fun but to cartoony. if it is fun and you don't mind cartoony graphics then just get the game.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GARRYTH
I am enjoying the game so far, but It is definately not what I expected. I probably wouldn't have gotten the game if I had known there was no single player story mode. I like playing online, but there are no online instructions available yet and I can't figure out all of the weapons/tactics/goals etc. I see it as a work in progress, and hope the instructions will be available soon.wmg1299
how did you not now it was on--line only it has been said every where a hundred times.
mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mobius1979
well like i said very cartoony art and animation, i personaly prefer realistic shooters such as RSV, GRAW, Battlefield etc. Plane controls are garbage compare to say ace combat, no cockpit view and useless radar. I just dont like the overall feel of the game. for run and gun kinda game i should have stuck with resitance and wait for UT3 and COD4 to come out instead of getting warhawk. To me people OVERHYPED this game and those people gave me high hopes and expectations for this game, and those expectations have not been met ( serves me right should have waitied for an officail review). To me it s an average online game battle field is lot better IMO if u wanna compare it to a similar game. UT3 will be a lot better than warhawk.
shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

I think allot of people either hate it or love it.

Im personally looking forward to it, i have r6v for my 360 and so far i dont have any multi-player games i like, i have rfom but i dont like the multi-player.

But i have never played warhawk and a demo would be great as i could spend the cash on another game, im not sure when it comes out in the u.k but im definitly going to buy it on day 1 as im sure i will like it.

Also it doe's have a weird cartoony look but i like the sort of artistic look they have went for, it's definitly not the prettiest game, the foot soilders and other vehicles dont look super detailed but other things like the warhawks and scenery look nice.

Also to the earlier poster i wont buy rachet and folklore not because of the cartoony look, because ive never liked the r & c series, the game looks lovely but it's not for me and folklore was terrible in my opinion after playing the demo i was not impressed just my opinion the games are not for me but i can see the qualitys they have and that some people will enjoy them.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

You didn't realise that it was cartoony and arcady ? Pwned.

Avatar image for solidsnakechamp
solidsnakechamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 solidsnakechamp
Member since 2005 • 799 Posts
well that sucks for you i guess, i personally want this game really bad right now. you should of done your research and see other peoples review before getting the game
mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mobius1979

wow your going to miss out on alot of good games like folklore or rachet and clank ect. there will be to cartoony. GARRYTH

I dont liek cartoony SHOOTERS, platform games like R&C , and RPG's like FOlklore are supposed to look cartoony, not Shooters.

the only cartoony shooter i enjoy are halo and Unreal tournament, but unreal is pretty gore which makes it cool. if warhawk was gore it would have been a lil more fun but stilll average.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

I am enjoying the game so far, but It is definately not what I expected. I probably wouldn't have gotten the game if I had known there was no single player story mode. I like playing online, but there are no online instructions available yet and I can't figure out all of the weapons/tactics/goals etc. I see it as a work in progress, and hope the instructions will be available soon.wmg1299

Just make a game for 2 persons and close it. Play co-op with a friend and try to figure out every weapon.

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mobius1979

well that sucks for you i guess, i personally want this game really bad right now. you should of done your research and see other peoples review before getting the gamesolidsnakechamp

lol there was like over 10 threads on how people loved the game and some of my online friends got it as well and were like " man this game pwns R6V" so like a dumbass i gave in, and now i am a lil disapointed.

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts

well like i said very cartoony art and animation, i personaly prefer realistic shooters such as RSV, GRAW, Battlefield etc. Plane controls are garbage compare to say ace combat, no cockpit view and useless radar. I just dont like the overall feel of the game. for run and gun kinda game i should have stuck with resitance and wait for UT3 and COD4 to come out instead of getting warhawk. To me people OVERHYPED this game and those people gave me high hopes and expectations for this game, and those expectations have not been met ( serves me right should have waitied for an officail review). To me it s an average online game battle field is lot better IMO if u wanna compare it to a similar game. UT3 will be a lot better than warhawk.mobius1979

UT3 will be alot better than nearly everything. It's Unreal Tournament.

Now I'm not sure about the PS3 version, but there is no doubt in my mind that the PC version will live up to the UT name.

NOW! I do hope the PS3 version is atleast nearly as good as the PC version. If so, I can put off the urge to build the $1000 computer I wanna build. That is until Guild Wars 2, the urge would consume me.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

[QUOTE="fistoflight"]Hmm what didn't you specifically like about warhawk if you don't mind me asking :D, thinking about buying it or not right now...GARRYTH
read it he say it is fun but to cartoony. if it is fun and you don't mind cartoony graphics then just get the game.

This sounds like something a sheep "might" like. Fun and Cartoony.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

well like i said very cartoony art and animation, i personaly prefer realistic shooters such as RSV, GRAW, Battlefield etc. Plane controls are garbage compare to say ace combat, no cockpit view and useless radar. I just dont like the overall feel of the game. for run and gun kinda game i should have stuck with resitance and wait for UT3 and COD4 to come out instead of getting warhawk. To me people OVERHYPED this game and those people gave me high hopes and expectations for this game, and those expectations have not been met ( serves me right should have waitied for an officail review). To me it s an average online game battle field is lot better IMO if u wanna compare it to a similar game. UT3 will be a lot better than warhawk.mobius1979

Why do you say "UT3 will be a lot better than warhawk. "?

Aren't you hyping UT3 now?

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts

Here is the manual for the BETA. Should be mostly the same.

http://www.us.playstation.com/content/warhawkmanual/03.aspx

As for the TC it got a 8.5 from 1up.com and a 8.8 from Ign. So there are your "Professional reviews". Maybe its just you....

OnlineGama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 OnlineGama
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts

[QUOTE="solidsnakechamp"]well that sucks for you i guess, i personally want this game really bad right now. you should of done your research and see other peoples review before getting the game[/QUOTE

lol there was like over 10 threads on how people loved the game and some of my online friends got it as well and were like " man this game pwns R6V" so like a dumbass i gave in, and now i am a lil disapointed.

mobius1979

man now your making me feel bad about if i should get it or not...

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mobius1979

[QUOTE="mobius1979"]well like i said very cartoony art and animation, i personaly prefer realistic shooters such as RSV, GRAW, Battlefield etc. Plane controls are garbage compare to say ace combat, no cockpit view and useless radar. I just dont like the overall feel of the game. for run and gun kinda game i should have stuck with resitance and wait for UT3 and COD4 to come out instead of getting warhawk. To me people OVERHYPED this game and those people gave me high hopes and expectations for this game, and those expectations have not been met ( serves me right should have waitied for an officail review). To me it s an average online game battle field is lot better IMO if u wanna compare it to a similar game. UT3 will be a lot better than warhawk.gamenux

i guess i am, but i am basing this on how UT 2004 played and felt, and knowing epic they ll improve or match it.

I am not saying warhawk is a bad game, it s not, it s just not what people made it seem to be . i ll give it a chance tonight and play it more in depth see if i can into it more, but righ tnow i m enjoying GRAW2 a lot more.

and i just read IGN review Graphics got 9.0 lol what a joke, the game looks good but doenst deserves a 9.0 IMO 8.0-8.5 to the most. gameplay got 8.5 which is good only bad thing they said was the learning curve might cahse away newcomers and veterans ( that would be me) so that s y i ll give this game a chance, i have no choice anyways since i downloaded it lol.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]wow your going to miss out on alot of good games like folklore or rachet and clank ect. there will be to cartoony. mobius1979

I dont liek cartoony SHOOTERS, platform games like R&C , and RPG's like FOlklore are supposed to look cartoony, not Shooters.

the only cartoony shooter i enjoy are halo and Unreal tournament, but unreal is pretty gore which makes it cool. if warhawk was gore it would have been a lil more fun but stilll average.

I guess you won't enjoy team fortress 2 then.

If you do, that's some major double standard.

and gore shouldn't matter. If that effects your enjoyment of the game, then damn you are one shallow individual.

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mobius1979
[QUOTE="mobius1979"]

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]wow your going to miss out on alot of good games like folklore or rachet and clank ect. there will be to cartoony. TriangleHard

I guess you won't enjoy team fortress 2 then.

If you do, that's some major double standard.

and gore shouldn't matter. If that effects your enjoyment of the game, then damn you are one shallow individual.

neve rliekd team forteress, always been a counter strike player. and yes to me blood and gore add realism and satisfaction to blow your opponent into tiny peices. And I m not shallow every one is different and enjoy different things that s all.

SuperMario254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SuperMario254
Member since 2003 • 2897 Posts

[QUOTE="solidsnakechamp"]well that sucks for you i guess, i personally want this game really bad right now. you should of done your research and see other peoples review before getting the gamemobius1979

yea this game is FAR from pwning R6V... its a good game, and fun to play when you have friends over since it has 4 player online, but thats about all i really see myself playing it for. again its a fun game, but NO WHERE NEAR as fun as R6V.. not by a long shot
Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts
[QUOTE="mobius1979"]

[QUOTE="solidsnakechamp"]well that sucks for you i guess, i personally want this game really bad right now. you should of done your research and see other peoples review before getting the gameSuperMario254

yea this game is FAR from pwning R6V... its a good game, and fun to play when you have friends over since it has 4 player online, but thats about all i really see myself playing it for. again its a fun game, but NO WHERE NEAR as fun as R6V.. not by a long shot

personally I thought RV6 sucked all around, it felt to me a carbon copy of rainbow six 3 for ps2 with better graphics and set in las vegas.

didn't enjoy it online either

cf2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cf2012
Member since 2007 • 330 Posts
R6V is an ok game. Dont like the graphics single player mode is boring.
W1i1l5l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 W1i1l5l
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
This is what makes this game so hard to decide wheter to buy or not, tons of ppl LOVE it, others, dont care for it, really mixed.
W1i1l5l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 W1i1l5l
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
This is what makes this game so hard to decide wheter to buy or not, tons of ppl LOVE it, others, dont care for it, really mixed.
mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mobius1979

R6V is an ok game. Dont like the graphics single player mode is boring.cf2012

thank you thats kinda the point i am trying to make across with this thread is that, warhawk is not for everybody, and so is R6V and GRAW2. those 3 games are similar in the fact that they are all great online, but tend to attract different crowds. I love GRAW2, I like R6V, and I m trying to like warhawk lol

CameosisJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CameosisJ
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts
to the OP: If you bought the blurau version, sell the game to one of the many people who have not been ableto get a copy
alberto2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alberto2045
Member since 2005 • 1591 Posts

wow your going to miss out on alot of good games like folklore or rachet and clank ect. there will be to cartoony. GARRYTH

Dude Folklore is so awsome!!! the demo was so niceI want that game real bad

mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mobius1979

to the OP: If you bought the blurau version, sell the game to one of the many people who have not been ableto get a copyCameosisJ

if you would have read all my posts on this thread u would have known that i was stupid enough to downlad it.

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#33 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts

[QUOTE="wmg1299"]I am enjoying the game so far, but It is definately not what I expected. I probably wouldn't have gotten the game if I had known there was no single player story mode. I like playing online, but there are no online instructions available yet and I can't figure out all of the weapons/tactics/goals etc. I see it as a work in progress, and hope the instructions will be available soon.GARRYTH
how did you not now it was on--line only it has been said every where a hundred times.

Where have u been? how could anyone not know there is no single player? one the box it says MULTIPLAYER ONLY

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
Ok i just bought the game after reading how every body swearing how good the game is....played for an hour, well the game is not for me...way too cartoony for me, yeh ok it can be fun but i have as much if not more fun playing R6V and GRAW2. I just wish there was a demo...i just wasted $40. I ll try to play some more tonight to see if i can get into it but right now i m going to play GRAW2.mobius1979
mobius1979, correct me if I'm wrong. But you seem to like realistic/tactical shooters rather than arcade/action games. Nothing wrong with that. There's just different types of games. By the way. I have not figured out the controls either. It takes time. Especially the Warhawk. I love both realistic games and arcady games.
imafreshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 imafreshman
Member since 2004 • 221 Posts
I didnt know there wasnt singleplayer either. O well Its not my kind of game anyways.
brooklynmets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 brooklynmets
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]wow your going to miss out on alot of good games like folklore or rachet and clank ect. there will be to cartoony. mobius1979

Wow, now you are just fishing for ideas for not liking this game. I got an idea trade the game off and stick with the repititive shooters that sre out there.
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

Ok i just bought the game after reading how every body swearing how good the game is....played for an hour, well the game is not for me...way too cartoony for me, yeh ok it can be fun but i have as much if not more fun playing R6V and GRAW2. I just wish there was a demo...i just wasted $40. I ll try to play some more tonight to see if i can get into it but right now i m going to play GRAW2.mobius1979

so you dont liek it cause its cartoony? interesting. play it more with these mass online games u need to get on a good map with alot of people, mayeb u got on a crappy server

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
so u wont like the agency either =/
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
[QUOTE="gamenux"]

[QUOTE="mobius1979"]well like i said very cartoony art and animation, i personaly prefer realistic shooters such as RSV, GRAW, Battlefield etc. Plane controls are garbage compare to say ace combat, no cockpit view and useless radar. I just dont like the overall feel of the game. for run and gun kinda game i should have stuck with resitance and wait for UT3 and COD4 to come out instead of getting warhawk. To me people OVERHYPED this game and those people gave me high hopes and expectations for this game, and those expectations have not been met ( serves me right should have waitied for an officail review). To me it s an average online game battle field is lot better IMO if u wanna compare it to a similar game. UT3 will be a lot better than warhawk.mobius1979

i guess i am, but i am basing this on how UT 2004 played and felt, and knowing epic they ll improve or match it.

I am not saying warhawk is a bad game, it s not, it s just not what people made it seem to be . i ll give it a chance tonight and play it more in depth see if i can into it more, but righ tnow i m enjoying GRAW2 a lot more.

and i just read IGN review Graphics got 9.0 lol what a joke, the game looks good but doenst deserves a 9.0 IMO 8.0-8.5 to the most. gameplay got 8.5 which is good only bad thing they said was the learning curve might cahse away newcomers and veterans ( that would be me) so that s y i ll give this game a chance, i have no choice anyways since i downloaded it lol.

Not that Warhawk isn't a great game or nothing but UT is one of the best shooters.

Bartz_Has_Bite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bartz_Has_Bite
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
Lol, you didn't realize it was cartoony from the futuristic setting, the concept design, or the mis-proportioned player models?
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
]I dont liek cartoony SHOOTERSmobius1979
Then perhaps you should have like I dunno, done some research before throwing cash its way.
cyow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 cyow
Member since 2004 • 1387 Posts

UT3 will be a lot better than warhawk.mobius1979

(while true) Those two games are nothing alike.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

[QUOTE="mobius1979"]]I dont liek cartoony SHOOTERSteebeenz
Then perhaps you should have like I dunno, done some research before throwing cash its way.

Yes I think the problem here is that the TC is an idiot. There has been info/pics on the game and gameplay for a while know. Your reasonings on why the game is bad don't cut it. Everyone knows that this is an online only, cartoonish graphics game.

HappyYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 HappyYoshi
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts

I for one am in love with this game. I can understand why people might be turned away by the cartoony graphics, but I really enjoy them. I, like many other people, wish the learning curve was a bit easier, but after a couple of hours i've mastered pretty much everything, except for the warhawks. (I'm working on it)

I also thought maybe it had been a little over-hyped, but after playing it for a while and getting into the groove of things, i'm happy to say that this was well worth my purchase.

SolidSnaku401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidSnaku401
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts
Stick with it, its sick when you figure it out.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
i hate every aspect of this game exspet the flying....i guess that makes me a pilot!