Difficult PSP Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deepcut9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Deepcut9
Member since 2007 • 761 Posts

Hello. What are some difficult PSP games you have played? (Nothing twitchy like DJ Max Portable (tried demo, hated it).

Difficult like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Not necessarily strategy games though, just difficult.

Thank you,

A gamer sick of casual games

aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts
Monster Hunter Freedom Series.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Final Fantasy I

FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

So far the hardest I've played Is Exit. Solving some of the puzzles can be rather difficult.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

Play FF:CC on Hard with no "New Game Plus". Now that is a challenge. Especially when you face Genesis. Good Luck with that.

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

MHFU, Fight Night Rnd 3 on hard. The MGS and Spec Ops PSN downloads. Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2. Socom Tactical Strike

Trying to remember more here..

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

Ultimate Ghost & Goblins.

Good luck with that one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#8 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins is a difficult game on PSP, it's insane.

pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 pataponplayer
Member since 2009 • 1410 Posts

The Hardest PSP game award goes to Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SegaGenesisfan
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

UGn'G makes me nervous just thinking about it, maybe I should just BEAT it, just beat it, nrr nr nrnr nrrrrr nr nrnr NR. Lol, get it?:P

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Wild Arms XF is very hard, but Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins is the hardest one.

SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SegaGenesisfan
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

Its because whenever you jump, the game is designed that everything go at you in an angle that you can not realistically dodge, you cant control your jumps, so hopefully you know what your doing. I guess some good planning and coordination would help, but I played Rondo of Blood on the psp and its kind of the same, except the secondary weapon is more helpful; things coming at odd angles.

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts

hard games: prinny can i be a hero, castlevania rondo of blood(using richter), ultimate ghosts n' goblins,

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Its because whenever you jump, the game is designed that everything go at you in an angle that you can not realistically dodge, you cant control your jumps, so hopefully you know what your doing. I guess some good planning and coordination would help, but I played Rondo of Blood on the psp and its kind of the same, except the secondary weapon is more helpful; things coming at odd angles.

SegaGenesisfan
To elaborate more and why I also agree with Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins being difficult- you can't jump sideways when standing still and can't control how far you go when you do jump, so when you just want to jump in the air at the smallest angle to avoid getting hit you actually end up jumping in lava/ hole that kills you. Frustrating is the correct word.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Monster Hunter Freedom Series.aznstyle11
yeeah :)
jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
[QUOTE="SegaGenesisfan"]

jjtiebuckle
To elaborate more and why I also agree with Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins being difficult- you can't jump sideways when standing still and can't control how far you go when you do jump, so when you just want to jump in the air at the smallest angle to avoid getting hit you actually end up jumping in lava/ hole that kills you. Frustrating is the correct word.

i would have enjoyed ultimate ghosts n' goblins had they made it more user friendly. i just don't get game developers anymore. they don't make it hard they make it frustrating and take the fun away from a game. if the game was fluid with the jumping then this game would have been a real blast to play. dying over and over again cuz they want you to make a stupid jump with 20 things coming at you is just plain stupid game design. rondo of blood at least once you kill the enemies they don't spawn back. this one the spawn seems endless. anyway, glad i just borrowed it from a friend and never paid for this game.
Lauryn2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#17 Lauryn2000
Member since 2005 • 2582 Posts
[QUOTE="digimonkey12"]

Ultimate Ghost & Goblins.

Good luck with that one.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2x.....nerve rackling.....
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Hello. What are some difficult PSP games you have played? (Nothing twitchy like DJ Max Portable (tried demo, hated it).

Difficult like Final Fantasy Tactics.

Not necessarily strategy games though, just difficult.

Thank you,

A gamer sick of casual games

Deepcut9

The most difficult thing for me is learning the controls for any game my fingers are not familiar with. PSP has 9 face buttons and 2 shoulder buttons so 11 altogether. The hardest games for me was the 2 GTA Titles, Battle With The Gods & Rocky BalBoa. Mortal Kombat on PSP can be tricky to handle as well.

Do you want a game where you have to memorize a lot of operations. Dead button games suck. Up, Down, Right, Left, Triagle, Circle, Cross, Square & the Analog should all be used in the PSP. I hate games where you just use like 3 buttons.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts
[QUOTE="jasontdoto"][QUOTE="jjtiebuckle"][QUOTE="SegaGenesisfan"]

i would have enjoyed ultimate ghosts n' goblins had they made it more user friendly. i just don't get game developers anymore. they don't make it hard they make it frustrating and take the fun away from a game. if the game was fluid with the jumping then this game would have been a real blast to play. dying over and over again cuz they want you to make a stupid jump with 20 things coming at you is just plain stupid game design. rondo of blood at least once you kill the enemies they don't spawn back. this one the spawn seems endless. anyway, glad i just borrowed it from a friend and never paid for this game.

It is a blast to play even though it is extremely difficult. I enjoy it very much, I have played it on and off for 8 months now. It was a game I wanted for a very long time and I am very happy I bought it.
JadeTorchwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#20 JadeTorchwood
Member since 2009 • 874 Posts

Final Fantasy Tactics-War of the Lions gives me a hard time once & awhile.