Different versions for PSP??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

j0annelee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 j0annelee
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Just yesterday I tried to Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce from a shop, the downloading method. The guy told me my PSP had a different.. version or something, and DWS uses a later one so it wouldn't work. Is it possible to upgrade it or something? Or will I never get to play it? I don't even know what it is, just that he showed me the screen with some version number on it.

Help appreciated, thanks.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
What you're saying doesn't make much sense. The only "shop" you can download games from is the PlayStation Store. You have to have the latest firmware (not PSP version, but the firmware.. i.e. sort of the PSP's OS, like windows for PC) in order to access the PlayStation Store. You can upgrade it right on your PSP if you don't have the latest version.
jester0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jester0815
Member since 2004 • 618 Posts

Just yesterday I tried to Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce from a shop, the downloading method. The guy told me my PSP had a different.. version or something, and DWS uses a later one so it wouldn't work. Is it possible to upgrade it or something? Or will I never get to play it? I don't even know what it is, just that he showed me the screen with some version number on it.

Help appreciated, thanks.

j0annelee

Usually there is an update on the UMD included with the game, if it requires a firmware update.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

Erm it's pirated. Not using a UMD.j0annelee

Discussion related to pirated games isn't permitted on Gamespot's forums.

j0annelee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 j0annelee
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Oh shoots then, sorry.