Did Sony drop the ball on the psp this e3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

retrogamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 retrogamer1
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts

I know E3 isnt over, but after their Press Conferance i was not too impressed.:( The only thing that got me excited was Patapon 3. From the commercials/ads to the announcement of 70 games into December (that a good thing?) i am disappointed. They have some good titles coming, but they said nothing about the Resident Evil Portable that was announced at last years E3. Invisimals does not peak my interest either. I was hoping for some great new games (that were currently unannounced.) But what are your impressions? Is it just me??

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts
Not only did Sony drop the ball with the PSP but they dropped the ball in every possible way ! Honestly I am just pissed right now ! the show was a huge disappointment.
FendersONLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 FendersONLY
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts
I think Sony did a great job this year but I never have seen another E3 presentation so I have no basis for comparison. Personally alot of their stuff really got me excited for the remainder of this year and next year. Go Sony!
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
What PSP? You'd think they had forgotten about their own handheld.
Avatar image for deactivated-5fbda050da1fc
deactivated-5fbda050da1fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 deactivated-5fbda050da1fc
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts

I thought launching the new campaign was a great idea. They really needed it. I think GOW, KH and the like were good. Who knows about the rest. I use mine for playing PS1 games :D

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

Dropped the ball how? Sony has 70 new titles coming out for it, I'm sure Resident Evil is one. E3 isn't over yet so there is plenty of time for announcements.

nighthawk260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 nighthawk260
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

Dropped the ball how? Sony has 70 new titles coming out for it, I'm sure Resident Evil is one. E3 isn't over yet so there is plenty of time for announcements.

Mcortijo01
When they say 70 titles it could just be partially ps1 games or minis that could be played on the psp. These people are tricky with wording sometimes. Though I would hope they are all great psp games. I'm just a skeptic when it comes to game companies and promises.
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

I was expecting more, they didn't really announce anything new for it that excites me.

Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
I just thought that the new ad campaign was lame. Kid is annoying.
M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts

Yea I was super disappointed especially after seeing all the DS game coming up. :(

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

thy announce a newcampaign thats nothing

Greyfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Greyfeld
Member since 2008 • 3007 Posts
They didn't do crap with the PSP. They said, "Hey, we're launching a new ad campaign to get it out in more peoples' faces. Say hello to our new actor, affirmative action!" Sony still hasn't learned their lesson when it comes to the handheld market, and no matter how much money they throw into marketing, Nintendo is going to continue wiping their faces in the dirt.
retrogamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 retrogamer1
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts

^ Couldnt of said it any better. Its really sad too. The psp holds much potential and is a great system. Its a shame SONY isnt using it to its full potential.

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

I think I want a 3DS now...

Sony is losing me...

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

I think I want a 3DS now...

Sony is losing me...

blacknight06

Same here. Sadly, the PSP is just about dead at this point. Sony had the chance to show something amazing for it, such as the PSP 2, & they blew it.

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

I just thought that the new ad campaign was lame. Kid is annoying.The_Pig_Hostage

Lol. You mean Marcus.

Lol I couldn't stop laughing :lol:

Edit:Here's the PSP part of the press conference. I think it's most of it. I can't remember.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
They didn't do crap with the PSP. They said, "Hey, we're launching a new ad campaign to get it out in more peoples' faces. Say hello to our new actor, affirmative action!" Sony still hasn't learned their lesson when it comes to the handheld market, and no matter how much money they throw into marketing, Nintendo is going to continue wiping their faces in the dirt.Greyfeld
Don't forget Apple. Apple is the one who's doing most of the damage to the PSP, and Sony isn't helping by letting developers overprice minis (which are almost always iPhone ports anyway) and not giving a **bleep**.
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
Are we still gonna get resident evil or will it be cancelled? Just wondering. Not much focus on the psp except that kid Marcus. Looks like we'll be hearing this name on the psp board now hahahaha.
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
[QUOTE="anbu-black-ops"]Are we still gonna get resident evil or will it be cancelled? Just wondering. Not much focus on the psp except that kid Marcus. Looks like we'll be hearing this name on the psp board now hahahaha.

Consider RE cancelled, or moved over to the 3DS.