iMadeGotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 iMadeGotham
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

I'm having a hard time with my bf's PS3. I'm mainly an Xbox player so I've done what I could. His games will load and start just fine; when I put in GTAV it sometimes will load the disc on the main screen, sometimes not. But the main thing is I've put it in safe mode, restored the file system and rebuilt the database... Its still won't load the game at all. Disc is in perfect condition; friend of mine had it and never took it out of the case until I asked to play it. I got the game to load once and went to update it, crashed right then and there to where I couldn't even turn off the PS. Now it won't load the game at all and comes up with an error message. Does anyone else have any other tips I could try? I've also deleted the files for the updates from my game data utility since the update never went through. Also note that the system has a fan on it to help keep it cool so there's no overheating going on either. Please help.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Probably a dumb question, but does the PS3 have enough storage space to install GTA V? Assuming it does, what exactly is this error message you're getting? Looking that up to start with should get you closer to an answer. Other than that, my best guess is some sort of hardware failure. Another possibility is that there could be something wrong with the disc even if it doesn't appear so. I'd verify that it works on another system just to rule that possibility out for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

Uncharted: Lost Legacy. I had high hopes for this game. I wanted to experience the world of Uncharted without Drake for once. I never played past the opening sequence of events......well, that is after the game crashed, bugged out, failed to load, failed to download, failed to start 10-15 times. I don't know what it is about this particular game, but for some reason, it will not play on my PS4. I gave up and simply, I moved on. From the looks of it on different websites, it looks like the issues I was having are not rare. Oh well.......

To focus on your (Original Poster) issue, there could be something wrong with the game itself. Just because you received a game still in the packaging does not mean there was an expected error when the game was burned to the disk. It happens. I would suggest getting another copy and seeing if it works. If it does not, there could be some sort of error with the game and/or the PS itself. It happens.