Devastated vita owner

This topic is locked from further discussion.

optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 optiplex7
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

When i got home today i found my vita on the ground. I dont know how it came unplugged from the charger or anything but now i have two nasty dents in it. These dents discolor parts of the screen. Now i have only had my vita for a few months and was wondering what my options are for fixing the screen/repair/getting a new vita. I did not get and warranty from the store i bought it from cuz it was half the price of the console... Do i have to bite the 350 dollar bullet or is there some cheap way to fix this? BRB getting tissues to wipe my tears.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Dam sending it in to sony or a local repair shop at a cost or if a store will trade it torwards a new are all I can think of. I would probably choose the latter long as I could find a store like gamestop that would take it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
I love my games man, but tears? Really? :? See if Sony will repair it, and if you really can't live with the discoloured screen than yeah, you might have to buy a new console.
philipi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 philipi96
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts

Wow, how bad was that drop? Do you know how freaking strong that playstation vita screen is? It barley even breaks, but i had this happen to my psp along time ago and i just lived with the dent... its not that hard.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I love my games man, but tears? Really? :? See if Sony will repair it, and if you really can't live with the discoloured screen than yeah, you might have to buy a new console.darkspineslayer

It's $250 + whatever accessories/games he purchased for it, no chump change there.

But yeah, how did you (TC) managed to do that much damage to your Vita? I dropped my first unit from waist height onto the pavement, and all it got was some scratches on the corners.

Anyways, best bet would be to get Sony fix it and see if the 1 year limited warranty can do you any good. If you're trying to save some money, you can always take your chances with a 3rd party electronic store and get it serviced.

optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 optiplex7

it fell on my cell phone charger (electric prongs upward) for whatever reason it was upright...

................................but

i convinced the retailer to give me a new one free.... so hugs all around.

preitje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 preitje
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts

When i got home today i found my vita on the ground. I dont know how it came unplugged from the charger or anything but now i have two nasty dents in it. These dents discolor parts of the screen. Now i have only had my vita for a few months and was wondering what my options are for fixing the screen/repair/getting a new vita. I did not get and warranty from the store i bought it from cuz it was half the price of the console... Do i have to bite the 350 dollar bullet or is there some cheap way to fix this? BRB getting tissues to wipe my tears.

optiplex7

aaahwww :(

*Gives a big digital hug*

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

it fell on my cell phone charger (electric prongs upward) for whatever reason it was upright...

optiplex7

Nice, how'd you manage to do that?

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#9 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

[QUOTE="optiplex7"]

Gxgear

Nice, how'd you manage to do that?

No kidding. And who was the retailer?
optiplex7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 optiplex7

I guess the chick on the phone was really nice... I told her my 30 day warranty was up and i had dented my screen and asked if she could do anything about it. I got to Future Shop (Canada) (basically the exact same as Best Buy) and she looked at the dent and said "that can pass as not looking like u did it" then she opened a new vita box and gave me the console. Then some big lady gave me my reciept and was pretty pissed and said "sorry but we can't do this again ever". So i walked out with a new vita happy... just thinking if that first chick was gonna get lectured because i told her I dented the screen and it wasnt like that out of the box yet she knew. Maybe she was unaware of her own store's return policy?

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

I guess the chick on the phone was really nice... I told her my 30 day warranty was up and i had dented my screen and asked if she could do anything about it. I got to Future Shop (Canada) (basically the exact same as Best Buy) and she looked at the dent and said "that can pass as not looking like u did it" then she opened a new vita box and gave me the console. Then some big lady gave me my reciept and was pretty pissed and said "sorry but we can't do this again ever". So i walked out with a new vita happy... just thinking if that first chick was gonna get lectured because i told her I dented the screen and it wasnt like that out of the box yet she knew. Maybe she was unaware of her own store's return policy?

optiplex7
You may have just got her the sack.....
Hekynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hekynn
Member since 2003 • 2164 Posts
Ouch that sucks man. Send it in for Repairs. Hopefully you got one of the warranty's for it you can buy from the PSN App store.
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts
Ouch that sucks man. Send it in for Repairs. Hopefully you got one of the warranty's for it you can buy from the PSN App store.Hekynn
........Did you even bother reading the thread???
philipi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 philipi96
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts
Ouch that sucks man. Send it in for Repairs. Hopefully you got one of the warranty's for it you can buy from the PSN App store.Hekynn
I didnt think a person can get that stupid now :O