Deus Ex: Human Revolution gone gold.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6325697/deus-ex-done

Man am I glad to hear this, 26 more days till this game comes out. Who else is hyped for it? :D

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I was pumped for it before e3... Lot of the reactions were pretty negative from the journalists I follow.. Oh well, still hope it's good.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I was pumped for it before e3... Lot of the reactions were pretty negative from the journalists I follow.. Oh well, still hope it's good.MethodManFTW
Patrick Klepek doesn't count :P I'm really looking forward to this game. I absolutely love the look and style they're going for. And the negative things some people have said doesn't bother me at all.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Well between virtually everyone at Giantbomb, Joystiq, GamesRadar, and Weekend Confirmed saying it showed terribly, my expectations are much lower... But yeah.. Looks like it could be cool.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Well between virtually everyone at Giantbomb, Joystiq, GamesRadar, and Weekend Confirmed saying it showed terribly, my expectations are much lower... But yeah.. Looks like it could be cool.MethodManFTW
The only bad things I've heard is that the inventory isn't exactly up to modern standards, the graphic fidelity isn't the highest and some of the voice acting is spotty. Same thing could have been said about Mass Effect and it got great reviews. So, I guess we'll wait and see. Definitely prepping myself for disappointment, ya never know with some games.
Masamune_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Masamune_Wolf
Member since 2011 • 108 Posts

Definitely looking forward to "Deus Ex: Human Revolution". I probably won't be able to get it when it's released though:( I think it will be decent though.

finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 finalserenade75

Well between virtually everyone at Giantbomb, Joystiq, GamesRadar, and Weekend Confirmed saying it showed terribly, my expectations are much lower... But yeah.. Looks like it could be cool.MethodManFTW

I can see why. Honestly the graphics for the game look rather poor; however, everything else about it seems to range from fine to great. I'm not expecting much from reviews and critics, but I can certainly see myselef enjoying hours upon hours playing that game.

Trebblebase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Trebblebase
Member since 2011 • 98 Posts
Cant wait!
fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts
Going to get a 7.5 at best, just my opinion.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I havn't read anything on what reviewers thought of it at E3. When it's a game I've been wanting for quite some time I'd rather not get worried about how it is before it even comes out. I feel like it'll deliver what Crysis 2 said it would give players, that is the ability to go into missions in a variety of ways. Obviously they've done this in the past, so I don't see how they can really screw up a concept that has already worked for them. I'm fine with the graphics not being the best in the world, there are more important things such as how it playes, the AI, level design, and overall polish of the game in terms of how smooth it runs. If these things are all done right then I'm all for this game. Really, I'll probably still get this within its first week of being out unless it truely is horrible, which I highly doubt.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I don't know Dodo. We will see. I wanted to pre-order, but I just don't know if the game is for me. I have No More Heroes, Bodycount, Dead Island, Resistance 3, theSony wireless headphones, and GOW:Origins Collection all pre-ordered around that time. I am pretty tapped. I think I will be waiting on Deus Ex, but your hype for the game has me interested. You are much more into RPG's than I am though. It is an FPS w/ Action RPG elements, correct? I know I tried a Deus Ex on the original Xbox and I wasn't too enthralled. Thats why I will probably wait.

finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 finalserenade75

I don't know Dodo. We will see. I wanted to pre-order, but I just don't know if the game is for me. I have No More Heroes, Bodycount, Dead Island, Resistance 3, theSony wireless headphones, and GOW:Origins Collection all pre-ordered around that time. I am pretty tapped. I think I will be waiting on Deus Ex, but your hype for the game has me interested. You are much more into RPG's than I am though. It is an FPS w/ Action RPG elements, correct? I know I tried a Deus Ex on the original Xbox and I wasn't too enthralled. Thats why I will probably wait.

SNESMaster420

Haha you could always wait for a price drop or whenever it suits you :P

I believe you played Deus Ex 2, since the original one was on PC only. The second was rather disappointing for many of the fans since they had to dump some elements down in order to make it suitable for consoles. Human Revolution (3) however seems to promise to be closer to 1, which was by all means fantastic.

It is a mix of FPS and RPG yes. Though it can be played differently than a first person shooter, but still in first person camera. You got a nice list of pre-ordered games though (God of War: Origins will be awesome), enjoy them! :)

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

The gamers hating on this game are making a big mistake.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

OH YEA! I'm excited!

killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

i just want it to be a fre raoming game with a lot of side missions

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

I believe you played Deus Ex 2, since the original one was on PC only.finalserenade75

Actually the original was ported over to the PS2, not sure if it saw an X-Box release though.

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

Day 1 buy.

Current reaction from magazine reviews on the PC version are overall positive.

finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalserenade75

Day 1 buy.

Current reaction from magazine reviews on the PC version are overall positive.

Marmotas

Yupe, there have been 2 or 3 that gave it more than 90/100 :P

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

Yes, as with the 1st Deus Ex i expect a good/interesting story.

Looks like the gameplay elements are well balanced and there are many options and strategies.

Looks like the weakest points of the game are somewhat outdated graphics and facial animations.

Still, this game promises a lot and i expect to have a very good gaming experience with it

blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

the game looks good with freedom to how you approach your task but i dont know i am a bit skeptical .i am sure it will get great reviews but i have a feeling i will not like it .

maybe its because the my first impression when i watched some gameplay footage was that everything is yellow/goldish and graphically its not what you call eye candy . i know that graphics arnt everything but they sure make a game an awesome experience and i only want to buy games i am most excited for and they sum up to be 15+ :P

but who knows maybe i'll find something before its release that would get me excited

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
I can't wait to get my hands on this. Honestly, this and The Last Guardian are the only things I'm really looking forward to at the moment.