demons souls beginner question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gameinfo8956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gameinfo8956
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

ive been playing demons souls for about 2 hours and am still at the very beginning, are there no save points until the end of the levels, because I've probably gotten 20 minutes in on my farthest try and can't find a save point.

doolies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 doolies
Member since 2003 • 3984 Posts

ive been playing demons souls for about 2 hours and am still at the very beginning, are there no save points until the end of the levels, because I've probably gotten 20 minutes in on my farthest try and can't find a save point.

gameinfo8956
The game saves automatically every time you move/attack/use item/etc. If you get halfway through a level and turn the game off, you will pick up exactly where you left off once you play it again. The enemies you kill will still be dead.
doabarrelrole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 doabarrelrole
Member since 2009 • 940 Posts

here are archstones after you beat each demon which you can spawn at after you unlock, more than likely your in the bolatarian palace so once you beat Phalanx you should get your first archstone

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
You have to beat the world boss before you can progress. The level MUST be beaten and no dying is allowed.
GripNRip73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GripNRip73
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

gameinfo8956
My first play through in the beginning was 2 weeks to figure out that you can not just be a hack and slash and that you have to move with strategy. I also found that a lot of farming works too. You can earn approx 2300 souls for each lap of the castle. Good Luck!
redhot_sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 redhot_sauce
Member since 2009 • 170 Posts

another quick tip on the red eyed knight in 1-1

You can clear the level up to that point, and down the tower that is opposite the red eye side. You can then make him chase you to those stairs and get opposite from the two barrels that sit there. He'll most likely fall as he tries to get around the barrels which gives you an easy kill, and 2000 souls( i think thats what it is called?

Avatar image for mr_winklebottom
mr_winklebottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 mr_winklebottom
Member since 2008 • 72 Posts

You can clear the level up to that point, and down the tower that is opposite the red eye side. You can then make him chase you to those stairs and get opposite from the two barrels that sit there. He'll most likely fall as he tries to get around the barrels which gives you an easy kill, and 2000 souls( i think thats what it is called?

redhot_sauce

or just dont fight him until you beat the level so he doesnt one hit kill you if you slip up a little

redhot_sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 redhot_sauce

[QUOTE="redhot_sauce"]

mr_winklebottom

or just dont fight him until you beat the level so he doesnt one hit kill you if you slip up a little

[/QUOT nobody said it would be easy
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

No reason to fight the red-eyed knight yet, especially if you haven't beaten the first level, because you won't be able to do anything with his souls anyway.

redhot_sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 redhot_sauce

No reason to fight the red-eyed knight yet, especially if you haven't beaten the first level, because you won't be able to do anything with his souls anyway.

amsfm6
But once you do finish the first level, its a great way to get 2000 souls,,,in a quick way. u can build up your attributes pretty quick