Definitive Vita Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I was just wondering with a year under its belt, if you were to really showcase the Vita with one game, what would it be?  I'd say Uncharted since it basically feels like a console game on the Vita (minus some of the annoying swipe touch screen moments).  Overall it is a complete package that doesn't feel like it is lacking anything.  And it takes advantage of the two control sticks by being one of the few shooters worth playing on the Vita.  I also think Assassin's Creed is a good way to show the power/potential of the handheld with its open world structure.

So, what Vita game would you use to sell someone on the Vita?

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

Out of the ones I've played, I'd say Gravity Rush. Haven't gotten to UC or AC yet.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#3 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
To me, Wipeout 2048 is the most technically impressive game on the Vita. It looks incredible(technically and artistically), and it's running at native res with 4x antialiasing. Studio Liverpool were by far the masters of optimization.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I, too, would say Uncharted.  Best Vita game so far, IMO.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

Out of the ones I've played, I'd say Gravity Rush. Haven't gotten to UC or AC yet.

lild1425
a +1 for gravity rush. great game.
AdmSpeakeasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AdmSpeakeasy
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Out of the games I've played (Assassin's Creed Liberations, Gravity Rush, and Persona 4 Golden), I think that Gravity rush is the most defnitively "Vita" experience. It delivers a unique experience that just wouldn't happen on another console. It uses everything right and plays to the handheld's strengths. Liberations and Golden, while both great games, don't really feel like they were designed for the Vita. While console experiences on handhelds are awesome, they just don't really say "Vita" to me.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Gravity Rush.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
Uncharted & Wipeout show off the graphics. The rest are just a bonus.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

To me, Wipeout 2048 is the most technically impressive game on the Vita. It looks incredible(technically and artistically), and it's running at native res with 4x antialiasing. Studio Liverpool were by far the masters of optimization.Granpire

+1

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

Uncharted or AC:L to show off the Vita as a console-quality experience, Gravity Rush to show what the Vita can do uniquely.

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
To me, Wipeout 2048 is the most technically impressive game on the Vita. It looks incredible(technically and artistically), and it's running at native res with 4x antialiasing. Studio Liverpool were by far the masters of optimization.Granpire
But it came with cost of very long loading.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Granpire
Uncharted had long load times as well, though. Ultimately, though, I don't much care how long a game takes to load when the in-game is worth it. But I can understand where a lot of people are coming from
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
New Little King's Story, but Gravity Rush if you want something more close to being AAA. NKLS is like the VC of the Vita.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]New Little King's Story, but Gravity Rush if you want something more close to being AAA. NKLS is like the VC of the Vita.

i heard many mixed things about NLKS. recommended? i loved the wii game. great game (and oddly sinister).
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="osan0"][QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]New Little King's Story, but Gravity Rush if you want something more close to being AAA. NKLS is like the VC of the Vita.

i heard many mixed things about NLKS. recommended? i loved the wii game. great game (and oddly sinister).

recommended if you like how it sounds, and basically, it sounds: SJRPG with dating sim elements, HQ CG art and character design, and kiddie Nintendo-like graphics, with really impressive writing and set up. Like ahh, I read my kingdom's suggestion box and I get this.  lol
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Uncharted is just another generic stop and pop shooter with auto-platforming any way too many setpieces. Gravity Rush is the best new IP I have played on the system, while Wipeout 2048 is the best overall game (still wish it were 60fps though).
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Granpire
It's sort of a shame that SL went for a near-future urban aesthetic. It's really what pushed the system too hard in terms of texture variety and model detail. The environments look absolutely breathtaking, but had they gone for a cleaner futuristic look, à la Wipeout HD/Pulse, I'm positive they could have pulled off 60FPS.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 famicommander
It's sort of a shame that SL went for a near-future urban aesthetic. It's really what pushed the system too hard in terms of texture variety and model detail. The environments look absolutely breathtaking, but had they gone for a cleaner futuristic look, à la Wipeout HD/Pulse, I'm positive they could have pulled off 60FPS.Granpire
They should have just lowered the texture quality to achieve 60fps. It's what Nintendo did for F-Zero X. The frame rate is more important than the graphics, especially in a high speed futuristic racer.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Granpire

Texture quality was far from the only thing that F-Zero X sacrificed, and bringing a game up to 60FPS isn't so simple as just lowering texture quality.

I do agree that framerate is probably more important for racers, but I've also got to admit that Wipeout 2048 is one of the most visually stunning racers on any system ever. It's not as if the tradeoff was done out of optimization laziness(like many developers do with FPS and resolution as a way to get a quick speed boost).

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I'd say Gravity Rush. Beautiful and fun game that is exclusive and uses Vita-specific features in a way that don't feel forced and actually add to the gameplay. I'd say you'd have to be nuts if you only used the analog stick for aiming in that game- the gyro is where it's at. [QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]New Little King's Story, but Gravity Rush if you want something more close to being AAA. NKLS is like the VC of the Vita.

Whoa whoa whoa....if you're going to say it's the Valkyria Chronicles of the Vita, tell me more. I freaking love VC. I realize these two games are not really the same, which is why I'm asking you to explain that statement. I may have to order my copy this weekend. I wanted a hard copy before I moved, anyway.
xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

Gravity Rush, Ive shown to game to many people and their debating getting a vita for it. Its really quite a solid game.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

I have only played NFS: Most Wanted, Everybody's Golf, Tales from Space and Golden Abyss so far.

I am so addicted to Everybody's Golf, but Uncharted really is spectacular. Can't wait to play Gravity Rush and Disgaea ^^

jedi_marcos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jedi_marcos
Member since 2005 • 4652 Posts

Late to the party,but Marvel vs Capcom 3 on Vita looks and plays gorgeous,add in your custom music and its a blast.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 famicommander

Late to the party,but Marvel vs Capcom 3 on Vita looks and plays gorgeous,add in your custom music and its a blast.

jedi_marcos
A port of a sub par fighting game is the definitive game on the system for you? How many Vita games have you played, again?
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I have to agree with other posters, for me its Gravity Rush & Wipeout !!

Uncharted is also another great title..

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
Little Big Planet for me, because it uses the touch features to perfection, and not in a gimmicky way like Uncharted. Uncharted showed how NOT to use the features of the vita. You want me to find a fudging light source to complete this? Really? REALLY?
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="jedi_marcos"]

famicommander
A port of a sub par fighting game is the definitive game on the system for you? How many Vita games have you played, again?

Nothing wrong with that. You will have to deal with some people have different taste. My cousins fav is mortal kombat on vita while mine are cod declassified and the ninja gaidens.
CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
[QUOTE="jedi_marcos"]

famicommander

I have Marvel vs Capcom and really like it. I only have MLB the Show 13, Sly, and Marvel vs Capcom. But I have downloaded a bunch of PSP and PS1 classic games. If I had to choose Sly for Vita is really good.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#29 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

It's between Gravity Rush and LittleBigPlanet for me.  Gravity Rush is fantasitic as a new IP for the Vita I really found that game hard to put down and the controls were rather good.  LittleBigPlanet Vita is fantastic for it's user generated content it's as good as LittleBigPlanet 2 and it's good use out of the the features on the Vita the only level I hate is the one where you have to use the back panel on the Vita for the entire level.

As for Uncharted I'm a big fan of the series on the PS3 but I couldn't get into Uncharted on the Vita since it has so many touch screen control gimmicks and annoying stuff like shining your Vita up to a bright light.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I have to admit Wipeout 2048 is superb but to me Ninja Gaiden Sigma + so far remains one of the best Vita games. I still have to play Gravity Rush past the opening scene however.