This topic is locked from further discussion.

Verdance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Verdance
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts
Hey Guys,I'm in the market of buying a console, and am having a rough spot of deciding between the PS3 and 360. What makes you love your PS3? What're the great games coming out in the next year that you're dying to get your hands on? How is the online; is your friends list easy to track and manage, is there any lag? In short: convince me that by wanting to get a PS3 more than a 360, I'm making the right decision :oops:
kidkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kidkit
Member since 2005 • 2783 Posts
do this in system wars :P
Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Blu-Ray, better interface, Home and games coming soon. Besides, you know you want a system that works and doesn't brick itself all the time. I have both and prefer my PS3.
realmarine187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 realmarine187
Member since 2007 • 513 Posts
Youra big boy now. Go forth and become a man, judge for yourself. There, got it in before this got locked. Have fun at System Wars with all the other kiddies.
s0njas0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 s0njas0n
Member since 2002 • 1044 Posts
this is going to get locked btw...
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

I don't feel the need to defend my PS3. It's awesome. I love it. I love my 360 too though.

I feel as though this is something you need to research and figure out on your own, it's really not too hard, besides asking a bunch of PS3 fans about what system to buy will give you many biased responces.

My_Name_Is_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 My_Name_Is_Sin
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts
I have owned my PS2 since the original launch and it has never stopped working. The PS3 I just recently bought (a 20gb on ebay) has givin me no problems at all. You should go with a company that makes reliable systems. Plus if you do upgrade the memory the add on fan that is available works suprisingly well
Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
360 has a stronger lineup this year. might want to try ps3 next year
realmarine187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 realmarine187
Member since 2007 • 513 Posts

360 has a stronger lineup this year. might want to try ps3 next yearkingtahktahkhuk

I second that. However, I do love my PS3. 306s just dont last to long in the sand box (Iraq).

Verdance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Verdance
Ah, crap, sorry... didn't know there was a system wars board! Really sorry mates, I'm new to these forums. And I have done research... enough to make my eyes fall out. I've reached the conclusion that you can't go wrong with either system. Both are excellent in their own respects. And I just can't find a tipping point for either one.
emeritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emeritus
Member since 2003 • 859 Posts

If you are going to buy a 360 I'd wait until MS release the new 'bug free' version next year because the current hardware is awful.

Yes, I speak from experiance.

Avatar image for -LegendaryLuck-
-LegendaryLuck-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -LegendaryLuck-
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts
It's up to you to find out, use Gamespot, IGN, or 1up, and check out the games, read some previews, some reviews and news stories about games, and decide what you like better.
Verdance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Verdance

I don't feel the need to defend my PS3. It's awesome. I love it. I love my 360 too though.

I feel as though this is something you need to research and figure out on your own, it's really not too hard, besides asking a bunch of PS3 fans about what system to buy will give you many biased responces.

donnygorgas

That's why I posted one of these in the 360 forums as well ;)
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

Ah, crap, sorry... didn't know there was a system wars board! Really sorry mates, I'm new to these forums. And I have done research... enough to make my eyes fall out. I've reached the conclusion that you can't go wrong with either system. Both are excellent in their own respects. And I just can't find a tipping point for either one.Verdance

It's all about the games my friend.

Verdance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Verdance

[QUOTE="Verdance"]Ah, crap, sorry... didn't know there was a system wars board! Really sorry mates, I'm new to these forums. And I have done research... enough to make my eyes fall out. I've reached the conclusion that you can't go wrong with either system. Both are excellent in their own respects. And I just can't find a tipping point for either one.donnygorgas

It's all about the games my friend.

And in that sense, neither system loses. Both have amazing lineups, and I'd be a proud owner to play either of them. On the other-hand, someone on the 360 forums made the point that none of the PS3 games that're so desired are proven series, so most of them are wild cards. I'll give you MGS4, but it's not my type of game anyways :P I think I've made my choice, boys...
Mrbiggerdems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mrbiggerdems
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts

check out like wikipedia for the ps3 and the 360 i perfer the ps3 alot more.

Vasichko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vasichko
Member since 2004 • 2565 Posts
All I can say is it has Blu Ray, no good games, all being delayed. Already tired of my PS3 after having it almost 2 months... Regretting getting rid of my 360.
Kruegmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 Kruegmeister
Member since 2003 • 539 Posts
Defending my PS360... I owned a PS2 and an XBox. Now I own a PS3 and a 360. For me it is the Backwards Compatibility. The 360 only plays about 10% of the OLD Xbox1 Library. No old Steering Wheels will work. Transferring gamesaves is near impossible and cost close to $100. Microsoft stinks at backwards compatibiltiy. The PS3 60 Gig model which is in limited quantity now plays 99% of the PS2 and PS1 Library and you can use PS2 Steering Wheels if they are USB. Also Transferring gamesaves is easy with a $15 adapter. The New PS3s like the 80 Gig will use emulation but the Sony emulation was at least 72% at the Launch in Europe. It since has improved but I don't know how much better the Percentage got. I have Halo3 Legendary Edition pre-ordered in all it's $130 glory. I hate the Backwards compatibility of the 360 and the fact that I have to pay $49 to play online multiplayer. So for those 2 reasons I favor my PS3.
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

If you want Halo, Forza, Mass Effect and Fable get a 360.

If you want Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus and Gran Turismo get a PS3.

Now that the 360's unreliability isn't as much of an issue (with the 3 year warranty), I'd say it all comes down to the games.

The_Great_Samu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Great_Samu
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts

If you are going to buy a 360 I'd wait until MS release the new 'bug free' version next year because the current hardware is awful.

Yes, I speak from experiance.

emeritus

nuff said though if I may I could add the lack of quality exclusives on XO (there's no such thing as console exclusive, if the game is also for PC it's not an exclusive)

jzen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#21 jzen_
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts
Ah, crap, sorry... didn't know there was a system wars board! Really sorry mates, I'm new to these forums. And I have done research... enough to make my eyes fall out. I've reached the conclusion that you can't go wrong with either system. Both are excellent in their own respects. And I just can't find a tipping point for either one.Verdance
yes, man yes! get them both... i also love both my systems. its annoying if you are one of the few that have dealt with hardware problmes with the 360, such as myself, but its still worth it to get both.
SILENCEuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SILENCEuk
Member since 2003 • 360 Posts

if u want a system to play lots of really good games on today and for near future get a 360 if u want a console to play the odd ok game and use all the crazy media features then get a ps3 and the psp stuff is quite cool2thats the best advice i can give

games =360

functions=ps3

and i have both so i do know

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
What's with this "convince me" garbage still going on? Don't you people know how to use your own brains? If you need "convincing" watch some freakn' commercials. We aren't here to kiss your arse about buying a PS3! Make up your own damn mind. In short: GET A CLUE!
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I don't own a 360 so I can't say if the PS3 is more appealing or not. I do like the fact that the PS3 is the most reliable console since you rarely hear of any hardware failure. I enjoy my PS3 because of the easy interface, blu-ray, WiFi connectivity, it runs quiet while playing games for a long time.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#25 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
HandstaKingame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 HandstaKingame
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts

well one obvious fact is that the ps3 has better graphics so yea go for the ps3 you wont be dissapointed even if it cost a lot....besides the 360 would not even give you half of what the ps3 can.

Killzall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Killzall
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

you never really told us what would appeal to you most in a gaming system so how can we really help you? if you like mainly fps go ahead and get a 360... it's main line up is fps bio shock halo 3 and sort of COD 4 they seem to act like it theirs. If you want a variety of gaming genres go for the ps3 and if you cant decide by that which controller do you like better? Do you like blueray or HD-dvds? well it's an add on for the 360 anyway do you like using any-type of bluetooth headset for gaming or one you have to buy exclusively? in the end it's all up to what you like best... don't come to a board filled with fanboys willing to do anything to get you to buy their favorite system it's just not smart

azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts
get a ps3 in a couple of months it will be the top dog.. just look at our lineup... ut 3, lair, haze, heavenly sword, uncharted, warhawk
Killzall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Killzall
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

well one obvious fact is that the ps3 has better graphics so yea go for the ps3 you wont be dissapointed even if it cost a lot....besides the 360 would not even give you half of what the ps3 can.

HandstaKingame

sigh... heres a great example of a fanboy

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
microsoft has better games pretty much right now, but with in a years time the PS3 wil lown in that department. its already a better piece of hardware. mine has never froze o nme, cept once when i was playing oblivion and that was pretty much just a test. i had the PS3 in a cramped spot and oblivion was the most detailed game out at the moment, at least that i have. there was 8 enemys on the screen and it was in a closed space. took bout 2 1/2 hours to do it though. besided that no it has never done n e thing out of the normal. i nthe long run over all the ps3 is the better bet, i promise u on that one. o yeah online is free, all of it. unless u buy sumthin in the store, resistance fall of man 40 player death match will cost u nothing, just have the system, game, and an internet connection. thats it. go with the ps3.