Dear Sega: give us our freakin' online in Virtua Fighter 5!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

Seeing as the Xbox 360 version of VF5 comes with a fully functional online mode, it's pretty obvious that the excuse that Sega gave us for why our version didn't have online is nothing but a steaming pile of BS. And what's really shameful is that I'll bet if anyone asks them about it, they're just going to skirt around the question completely. It's so lame that they deliberately jipped us and then gave online play to Xbox. Totally unfair.

Well Sega, you've got a chance to redeem yourself. Ever hear of this stuff called "downloadable content?" Tekken Dark Ressurection is going to get an online multiplayer pack in just a month or two, and it's very reasonably priced. It's got matchmaking, leader boards, all that good stuff. So why doesn't Sega get off their lazy hinies and get to work on an online content pack for Virtua Fighter 5? They'd better, or a lot of people are gonna be PO'd!

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
i saw the title "Dear Sega" and i thought it said "Dear Santa" like the song that they have on Bob and Tom. "Dear Santa: this is Raul from Venezuela. I want a stick! " :)
GastaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GastaS
Member since 2004 • 245 Posts

Seeing as the Xbox 360 version of VF5 comes with a fully functional online mode, it's pretty obvious that the excuse that Sega gave us for why our version didn't have online is nothing but a steaming pile of BS. And what's really shameful is that I'll bet if anyone asks them about it, they're just going to skirt around the question completely. It's so lame that they deliberately jipped us and then gave online play to Xbox. Totally unfair.

Well Sega, you've got a chance to redeem yourself. Ever hear of this stuff called "downloadable content?" Tekken Dark Ressurection is going to get an online multiplayer pack in just a month or two, and it's very reasonably priced. It's got matchmaking, leader boards, all that good stuff. So why doesn't Sega get off their lazy hinies and get to work on an online content pack for Virtua Fighter 5? They'd better, or a lot of people are gonna be PO'd!

Timstuff

Just buy xbox360 and you will not experience this any more on next VF game

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Timstuff
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

GastaS

WTF would I want to buy an Xbox 360? :|

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

GastaS

Not everyone wants a 360 dude. What sega did was wrong and made no sense what so ever. First they said VF5 was not going to be online for both PS3 and 360 then bam its online for 360 which is very retarted. Why not both systems it would have made the game sell more on both platforms. Dumb move sega very dumb move.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Timstuff

The game is probably not going to sell as well on Xbox 360 anyway. Sega did this because they're still partially MS's wh0r3.

Unless of course they add the online play to the PS3 version via Playstation Store. Then all is well. But still, it's quite shady that they lied about the online before, and that to me implies that their plan has been to screw Playstation fans over the whole time.

T-Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 T-Zone
Member since 2003 • 4525 Posts
Even if the Ps3 version gets online play, I'm still not going to play the game, which I haven't popped in the disc in months now.
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

Timstuff

Sounds to me that Sega is stilled pissed because PS2 killed Dreamcast. I agree, it doesn't make sense. Due to the fact that the PS3 is more powerful than 360 it should be easier to add online to PS3. And if they're making online throughDL content then it should be a free update since consumers have already paid the same price for the game as the 360 version