Dear PS3 game developers, please STOP developing motion control features

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dogar230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dogar230
Member since 2004 • 483 Posts

In 99% of the games for the PS3, the motion control features are next to useless. Please, PS3 game developers, STOP wasting your time and resources on developing motion control features for your games. By doing so, you are driving up the price of the game for us consumers, giving us a feature the vast majority of us DO NOT WANT and DO NOT CARE ABOUT.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
I care about it, if it's done right motion controls can add to a game. I think the problem is some developers just try to stick them in just because they are there. If it fits the game use them if not don't, that's my message to devs :)
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
games with no motion control features still cost the same, and i would rather ask for them to implement it right :)
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

You speak for yourself TC. I like the motion control in Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm. I think it's a fun feature that your probablly just not very good at maybe.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
It's not as good as the Wii, but it's still useful in some games and adds to the elements if done correctly. I think its a nice addition, kind of like Vibration. It's not MANDATORY in most games, but if done well it adds to the gameplay.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18809 Posts

Motion is lame

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
I think you should of sent this to the developers themselves to their respective companies instead of wasting time doin that in a forum.
naz18h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 naz18h
Member since 2004 • 17231 Posts

lol give new technology a chance...the developers are just playing around with it, some might want to do more in the future some may not....it will take time. Socom: Confrontation has some pretty nice features with the motion sensor.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I love it when used right. Specific examples include Folklore, Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm (I use it almost exclusively). Also, believe it or not, I enjoyed the use of motion control in Lair as well.

I hope developers continue to use it so long as it adds to the game, and not simply dumped in just to say that it's included.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

I love it when used right. Specific examples include Folklore, Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm (I use it almost exclusively). Also, believe it or not, I enjoyed the use of motion control in Lair as well.

I hope developers continue to use it so long as it adds to the game, and not simply dumped in just to say that it's included.

nyc05

Precisely.

Smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Smallville123
Member since 2003 • 930 Posts
Since when do high end game devs read game forums....stop whinning. In some cases where its optional adds light gameplay to the game (resistance, heavenly sword, ect) i like it.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

How is motion controls making the cost of games go up?...The 360 doesn't have motion controls and all its new release games are the same price as the PS3s

Since when do high end game devs read game forums....stop whinning. In some cases where its optional adds light gameplay to the game (resistance, heavenly sword, ect) i like it.Smallville123
Just gotta say its sucks that the guy who played Lex luther in Smallville left the show. He made me wana watch that show. I wish he played Luther in Superman Returns rather than Kevin Spacey.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I personally have not seen any big emphasis on motion control since Folklore to be honest.
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
THANK YOU! I KNOW! I hate motion controls. The PS3 controller isn't as waggletastic as the Wii so whatever "proper" implications that can be applied only add annoyances. 100% agreed dude. Kudos to the industry for trying something new, thats great, it hasn't turned out that great. Lets move on to buttons again and work on perfecting game play as is. If there is no perfect game yet, maybe they should focus on perfecting the technology at hand. Hate motion controls... completely ruined Mario Galaxy and Zelda for me.
Dr_Jones1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dr_Jones1
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
I think game developers just need to make a game that impliments the motion control well. Like have it so the motion control feature feels natural to use. But so far with games it seems that it adds very little to the majority of them.
Achaean728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Achaean728
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

In 99% of the games for the PS3, the motion control features are next to useless. Please, PS3 game developers, STOP wasting your time and resources on developing motion control features for your games. By doing so, you are driving up the price of the game for us consumers, giving us a feature the vast majority of us DO NOT WANT and DO NOT CARE ABOUT.

Dogar230

Personally, I like motion controls, if its done right. Most developers probably add it to games thinking they have to since its there. Games like Flow, Heavenly Sword and Warhawk all utilize motion controls successfully imo, and, for me, it makes the game a little bit more fun :-)

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
Agreed with TC.
Sociopath138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sociopath138
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Motion control is a novelty. It can be fun for minigames and stuff but is more often than not done very poorly. It wouldn't bother me if PS dropped it, but then again it didn't bother me when they dropped vibration. Apparently a lot of people disagreed, enough to make them bring it back.

I just feel sorry for the people who put all the time and effort into trying to make that stuff work, just to have the majority of people not use it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea874e06483b
deactivated-5ea874e06483b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5ea874e06483b
Member since 2006 • 2896 Posts
If Motion Control's are well used in the game it is very good to have that feature.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Yeah, the motion controller kinda suxx.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Dogar230

Vast majority or just you? Some of you complain over the lamest things it's not even funny.

macfaelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 macfaelan
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts
i think resident evil 5 is going to use motion for reloading the gun, (unless im thinkin of a differnet game lol) i think this would be good cos it gets u more immersed in the game, actually making the reload of a gun manual
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I don't need motion control, that's why I have my Wii. Ratchet and Clank was cute at first, but got annoying with all the tilting imo. Folklore's flicking I don't mind much, but meh. Motion doesn't do anything for me on the PS3.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Dogar230
No. if well done it's an awesome addition to the game. look at folklore and Uncharted.
CrazyFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CrazyFanboy
Member since 2005 • 639 Posts
there should be the option to not use motion control at least.
CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts
I hate motion controls
csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts

I can see a definite improvement in more recent games use of it, than older games. This is a sign that developers are starting to implement it earlier in the design process, or they are just being smarter about where they use it. I say keep doing it until they are able to make it work like SOCOM, Metal Gear Solid, and Grand Theft Auto have.

Avatar image for orangeturtle472
OrangeTurtle472

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 OrangeTurtle472
Member since 2007 • 2636 Posts
Yes sir! :D
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
Heavenly Sword implementation was terrible, it wasn't accurate or responsive enough, for either aerial combos, or Kai. I have no problem with motion control features, so long as any VITAL gameplay elements that use it are completely optional. For small things, it's not an issue either way.
agentzero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 agentzero23
Member since 2008 • 921 Posts
some games have motion controls done right like Ratchet TOD and Folklore:)
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

no some games with motion control is pretty good.

i loved it in heavenly sword, and i loved fl0w too, it used the 6axis pretty well.

some developers just need to know how to use it properly.

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
i like it for socom beta, the developers for games just have to use it right, like in cod3 the malle was striking up, that was good!
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

I hate motion controls too. At the beginning of the game, there should be an option to turn in on or off. It's a one time decision.

Or maybe, some like this will appear before a motion control part:

"Use motion control?

Yes, that's fun!

No, analog sticks FTW!"

Hehehe!

onthalookout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 onthalookout
Member since 2005 • 1123 Posts

Heavenly Sword = Awesome six axxis

GTAIV = Horrible six axxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 29121994
Member since 2008 • 1166 Posts
Play heavenly sword and then you can stop complaining about bad motion controls.
neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
I can use the Sixaxis very well in GTA4, for motorcycles. most people just don't understand how to use sixaxis controls properly.