Dead Space Scares

This topic is locked from further discussion.

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 0

#1 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts

Share some of the times when Dead Space made you jump. Use no spoilers. If some the last cutscene scared you just say the last cutscene.

Mine was in Ch. 3 I saw something roll in the hallway in front of me. So i aimed at the hallway in case anything cameout of it and began to strafe sideways when i stepped on a necromorph and it screamed and it attacked me. At 3 in the morning i yell "Oh ****" and drop the controller. First time i ever cussed out a video game.

*edited censor bypass - spazzx626(My hero!!!! He re-opened thetopic for me. I owe him a cookie.)

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#2 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

My friend likes to play Dead Space with all the lights off at night time with the volume up high. Just because he's apparently "hardcore". O__O

myownkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 myownkeeper
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

I played through dead space with the lights off and volume up kinda high, it didnt make me jump at all

Then again i wright horror movies

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Dead Space had a very dark tone to it but it didn't scare me at all. It was mostly all "boo" tactics.
zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts

I screamed like a little b***h at the last cutscene.I was like AAHHHHH!!!lol mybro was laughing at me

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I love scary games, but I don't know where to start with Dead Space. I was pretty much scared all the time. However the bit that really made me jump was on Chapter 6. You open a door and straight away a necromorph screams out and lunges for you. I wasn't expecting it. Great game though :P

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Eh this game isnt all that scary, whatever you do though dont play fatal frame late at night with the lights turned off

i learned my lesson a while back :lol:

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 josh494
[QUOTE="realistic44"]

Eh this game isnt all that scary, whatever you do though dont play fatal frame late at night with the lights turned off

i learned my lesson a while back :lol:

I have never played fatal frame, looked stupid from some screens i saw couple years back.
jaxx1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaxx1980
Member since 2005 • 868 Posts

I highly recommend Fatal Frame for scares, it's epic. Dead Space had some good scares on the first playthrough (specially the end bit... should have seen it coming, but really didnt), but my only complaint is that the scares were always in the same place on any further playthroughs, so once you get used to where they came from the first time, the game becomes predictable.

But for a single playthrough game, it's lots of fun.

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 josh494
What's Fatal Frame on? I don't have PS2 anymore it broke after 7 years. RIP Ted.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
That game has atmosphere out the wa-zoo. My first encounter with a necromorph got me. I saw it knew it was gonna jump at me it did, but still got me. I loaned it to my boys and told them "Play in the dark with high volume." He told me him and his brother HAD TO TURN IT DOWN AND TURN ON THE LIGHTS. I thought they were kidding, they were not and even said they were only gonna play during the day. I called them a bunch of (slang for uteris) then took it back as punishment for being (female reproductive organs). Play during the day... not on my watch.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

What's Fatal Frame on? I don't have PS2 anymore it broke after 7 years. RIP Ted.josh494

Lol you name your systems, i know one of my friends who used to done exactly that :lol:

R0rschach-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R0rschach-
Member since 2009 • 1482 Posts

Beginning of Chapter 3, where you walk in, and you see that woman with the cleaver, next beside the dead body.. after that happened, i saved my game, turned off my console, and sat there for 10 minutes wondering about what i just saw.

ChinoStylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChinoStylz
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts
I admit, when the necromorphs first showed up that got me and I knew I bought a damn good game.
Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts
I still need to buy it :x
josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 josh494

[QUOTE="josh494"]What's Fatal Frame on? I don't have PS2 anymore it broke after 7 years. RIP Ted.realistic44

Lol you name your systems, i know one of my friends who used to done exactly that :lol:

No my 9 year old cousin named it when he was like 4 and it just stuck. but i might name my PS3 Sarah, but that might be wierd.
zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

i'd say chapter 9 was the scariest for me. not that i was scared, but with the tilted screen, the visual rumble of the screen when your close to the end of the chapter, andit's alsothe first time you run into 'SPOILER' the super fast necro's. very good game:!:

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 josh494

i'd say chapter 9 was the scariest for me. not that i was scared, but with the tilted screen, the visual rumble of the screen when your close to the end of the chapter, andit's alsothe first time you run into 'SPOILER' the super fast necro's. very good game:!:

zmbi_gmr
Those angered me. The were to damn fast.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 M0wen10

I'll alSO add the bit in Chapter 10 where you have to escape from that regenerating necromorph in the sleeping quarters. You have to use stasis on the beds to move them and get out. I paniced and felt like crying :P

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 josh494

I'll alSO add the bit in Chapter 10 where you have to escape from that regenerating necromorph in the sleeping quarters. You have to use stasis on the beds to move them and get out. I paniced and felt like crying :P

M0wen10
I got out of that by the skin of my teeth. I ended up with two contact rounds after that encounter. The random tentecle thing that grabs you for the second time scared me cause my phone went off playing Bring Me The Horizon (Screamo band). Btw the last cut scene made my cousin faint. Made me proud to own the game.
Avatar image for Killarfromspace
Killarfromspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Killarfromspace
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Share some of the times when Dead Space made you jump. Use no spoilers. If some the last cutscene scared you just say the last cutscene.

Mine was in Ch. 3 I saw something roll in the hallway in front of me. So i aimed at the hallway in case anything cameout of it and began to strafe sideways when i stepped on a necromorph and it screamed and it attacked me. At 3 in the morning i yell "Oh ****" and drop the controller. First time i ever cussed out a video game.

*edited censor bypass - spazzx625

josh494

Never did, the game is neither any scary or jumpy.

Fabulistic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fabulistic
Member since 2008 • 71 Posts

It was either chapter 1 or 2, where you go around the corner into long hallway, and you see that really tall guy ramming his head against the wall. I stood at the end of the hallway for ten minutes because I didn't know what to do. I was freaking out. You finally get close enough to him and he kills himself. Not really scary or jumpy but creepy...

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 M0wen10

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

josh494

I got out of that by the skin of my teeth. I ended up with two contact rounds after that encounter. The random tentecle thing that grabs you for the second time scared me cause my phone went off playing Bring Me The Horizon (Screamo band). Btw the last cut scene made my cousin faint. Made me proud to own the game.

Oh yeah, that was jumpy. On the last boss, my mouth dropped open and wouldn't shut because of the size of it. :P

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 M0wen10

[QUOTE="josh494"]

*edited censor bypass - spazzx625

Killarfromspace

Never did, the game is neither any scary or jumpy.

But to most people it is, your just one of the few who doesn't find it scary.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
when the sprinklers turned on.. that's about it.
Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts

M0wen10
this and in the first chapter where there is a necromorph playing dead ...I had babies from him :p
Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts
[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]when the sprinklers turned on.. that's about it.

LOL yes this was HELL SCARY :P
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Well it didn't make me jump , at all.I'm not saying I'm the tough guy , Siren Blood Curse scared the hell out of me , Dead Space while a much better game failed on that :(

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 M0wen10

Well it didn't make me jump , at all.I'm not saying I'm the tough guy , Siren Blood Curse scared the hell out of me , Dead Space while a much better game failed on that :(

RoOodriGowW

Really? I thought Siren: Blood Curse was rubbish.

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 josh494
[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="josh494"][QUOTE="M0wen10"]

Oh yeah, that was jumpy. On the last boss, my mouth dropped open and wouldn't shut because of the size of it. :P

That's what she said. :p Sorry couldn't help myself. This game had amazing bosses. Leviathen was beastly. The last boss was to easy to defeat IMO.
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

I played through dead space with the lights off and volume up kinda high, it didnt make me jump at all

myownkeeper

After that, I don't believe you.

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zmbi_gmr

[QUOTE="myownkeeper"]

Da_lil_PimP

After that, I don't believe you.

hilarious:P

MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

Is this game still worth a buy ?

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts

The only part in that game that freaked me out was in the very beginning when the creatures came and you had to run away with no weapons :P

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 zmbi_gmr

MrGanny

i never understood these type of questions. DS has been out for less than a year so it's still relatively new, and it's a fantastic game so "yes" it's still worth a purchase. i think that any game no matter when it was released is worth a purchase if your interested in it. yes DS is worth your time and money.

justhere21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 justhere21
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I don't play alot of Survival Horror games, but Dead Space was a ifrst for me. Other than Resident Evil 4, Dead Space was my first horror game to really enjoyed. I played it with high volume and no lights. It scared the hell out of me my first playthrough. Especially the "dead" mutant zombie aliens. Man...the scariest part for me was not the last cutscene (I almost died from heart attack), but the part in the morge. Man....that place scared me just looking at it. When the "parasite?" came out of nowhere, i had to pause the game calmly, go upstairs, grab a glass of water, drink it, and scream. That freaking scared me. Mind you, i am a pretty young gamer. Young and inexperienced. So cut me some slack, will yea?
MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

[QUOTE="MrGanny"]

zmbi_gmr

i never understood these type of questions. DS has been out for less than a year so it's still relatively new, and it's a fantastic game so "yes" it's still worth a purchase. i think that any game no matter when it was released is worth a purchase if your interested in it. yes DS is worth your time and money.

That's all I wanted to know, I'm gonna get it next weekend.
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#38 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
Can't say the game scared me much, jump out scares don't do too much for me and i found the overall necromorph design to be more funny than scary but thats just me.
jfcundiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jfcundiff
Member since 2007 • 6365 Posts
Aside from the last cutscene, I did not find it that scary. Good game, but the scares were not there for me, even when I played it late at night with the surround sound cranked up. Now the REmake and Silent Hill on the other hand, make me jump on more than one occasion.
CyberRuler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CyberRuler
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts

I think the scariest thing for me was after finishing the chapter of Dead Space with the Regenorator. I had played the entire chapter with the lights off, curtains down, surround sound on, and alone. When I turned off my ps3, I swore that I heard a faint sound similar to the sounds the Regenorator makes. Needless to say I was scared out of my mind. Dead Space was probably the only game to have such an impact of me since Silent Hill 2 (which I played in the same fashion).

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

only the last 2, 3 seconds of the game got me. nothing else

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

M0wen10

Yeah the gameplay and everything was pretty much the same it was in the ps2 , average in other words but the whole feeling of looking through the eyes of someone who wants you dead is very scary , even more when they are japanese lol (no racism really I still have nightmares with that kid frm the movie The Grudge :o )

james_pat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 james_pat
Member since 2009 • 155 Posts

the only thing that actually scared me was at the first save point where theres a necromorph on the ground tht looks dead and i walked up to it and it jumped at me

tht scared the **** out of me

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 M0wen10

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="josh494"] I got out of that by the skin of my teeth. I ended up with two contact rounds after that encounter. The random tentecle thing that grabs you for the second time scared me cause my phone went off playing Bring Me The Horizon (Screamo band). Btw the last cut scene made my cousin faint. Made me proud to own the game.josh494

That's what she said. :p Sorry couldn't help myself. This game had amazing bosses. Leviathen was beastly. The last boss was to easy to defeat IMO.

Yeah it was. Its only attack was smacking its tentacle down on top of you, which was easily avoided. :)

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 M0wen10

[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

RoOodriGowW

Yeah the gameplay and everything was pretty much the same it was in the ps2 , average in other words but the whole feeling of looking through the eyes of someone who wants you dead is very scary , even more when they are japanese lol (no racism really I still have nightmares with that kid frm the movie The Grudge :o )

lol, same here. :D

groundgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#46 groundgamer
Member since 2009 • 2122 Posts
When your crew are in the control room at the begining, and your in the little seperate part. The lights go out, they get killed and you have to run away from the monsters with no weapons, really scared me actually. Aah, proud memories of getting the s#it scared out of me! :P
josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 josh494
[QUOTE="M0wen10"]

[QUOTE="josh494"][QUOTE="M0wen10"]

Yeah it was. Its only attack was smacking its tentacle down on top of you, which was easily avoided. :)

In retrospect all of the bosses were easy to defeat In Dead Space 2( if there is one) the bosses need some acutall challenge. Also they should have the ability to move around. All the bosses stood still. The hardest boss, if you are willing to call it one, the astroids that you have to shoot down. Hardest part of the game..
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#48 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Dead Space got me jumping for the first half of the game. but by the near end of it it stopped scaring me. it became very easy to predict when they'd jump at you.

still a good game though, nonetheless.