Dead Space is something special!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zachdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 zachdragon
Member since 2005 • 1707 Posts

I have never played that has me scared to look around every corner like " Dead Space " has. The ambiance in this game is very creepy I have owned this game for a while but never played it until now and wow it makes my mouth drop.

ElvesOnEcstacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ElvesOnEcstacy
Member since 2009 • 574 Posts

Yeah i've had it for a year now and it creeps me out too much to complete. Have fun playing it though:)

Avatar image for Millennium_King
Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Millennium_King
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts

Agreed. Dead Space is definitely something special. Immersive, methodical and just plain creepy. It makes RE5 look like MW2 lol.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I agree completely - that game was awesome! I'm a huge horror fan and the atmosphere was as creepy as anything. The gameplay was excellent too. I'll definitely play through it again sometime. Looking forward to the sequel that they're working on too - day 1 purchase definitely.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

Agreed. Dead Space is definitely something special. Immersive, methodical and just plain creepy. It makes RE5 look like MW2 lol.Millennium_King
t

hat is no bc of DS... RE5 looks like MW2, bc it is a MW2 game... :P

and yeap.. Dead space is amazing, great come back of horror... too bad that ppl now at days seems to just massively buy MW2-like and others full action games (no offense to fans) so they are going to turn DS2 into a most "close" game to MW2 :?

Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Millennium_King

[QUOTE="Millennium_King"]Agreed. Dead Space is definitely something special. Immersive, methodical and just plain creepy. It makes RE5 look like MW2 lol.chang_1910

t

and yeap.. Dead space is amazing, great come back of horror... too bad that ppl now at days seems to just massively buy MW2-like and others full action games (no offense to fans) so they are going to turn DS2 into a most "close" game to MW2 :?

Oh man I hope they don't turn DS2 into a MW2 clone. Stick to the plan devs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

[QUOTE="chang_1910"]

[QUOTE="Millennium_King"]Agreed. Dead Space is definitely something special. Immersive, methodical and just plain creepy. It makes RE5 look like MW2 lol.Millennium_King

t

they publish that they are going to take the second game into a more "action" game... I think I cried..
Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts
One of my favorite games!!!! Can't wait for part 2.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts

Hmph, I just can't bring myself to finishing Deadspace..I like it but it's just too much for me to handle...I'm sick of being scared at every turn.

Millennium_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Millennium_King

Hmph, I just can't bring myself to finishing Deadspace..I like it but it's just too much for me to handle...I'm sick of being scared at every turn.

MushroomWig

Hehe just play in the daytime.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Took me a while to muster up the courage to pick up and play Dead Space. I'm on the last mission and I still haven't picked it up to play it again for 2 months now.. Something about the game is eerie.. or maybe because it's such a fantastic game and I dont want to finish it..
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
[QUOTE="chang_1910"][QUOTE="Millennium_King"]

[QUOTE="chang_1910"] t

they publish that they are going to take the second game into a more "action" game... I think I cried..

Yeah.. I would too.. look what happened to RE5...
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

It is a really fun game to play and looking forward to the 2nd one. Can't understand why people are so scared of this game though? All it really does is make you jump a couple times then it become predictable whats going to happen.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
yeah the game is awesome, but it's really not scary or creepy(IMO) only 2 trophies away from plat :D(just have to fully upgrade my last gun to get the all guns upgraded trophy, then i gota beat the game on hardest difficulty. should be done this weekend :D)
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

Millennium_King

Hehe just play in the daytime.

I can't even do that. T_T lol, I've never been so sick of a game I actually liked before. xD
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
Hmmmm Dead Space is pure win. I finished it about a week ago and I'm doing it on Impossible now. I love heverything about it... except that it felt a tad too easy imo. Great game for horror fans like me :D I even watched the animated movie they released: Downfall. It gives some background info as to what happened before the Kellion arrived 8)
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I agree but I have yet to complete it because I suck at anything horror and it sacares me.

Kingfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kingfighter77
Member since 2009 • 306 Posts

Just bought this game a few days ago.Currently in the 2nd level,it really is fantastic.Love the part in the first level where you get separated from the squad,and gotta run to the elevator.That thing opened the door,and i aint got a weapon yet and no where to run.Lets just say my heart was pumping.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

It was a good game, but I was really tired of all the "scare tactics" by the end of the game. It got a bit annoying in my opinion, but I have to say that it did it better than any game before it....before it got to be a bit to excessive.

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 octobermagic
Member since 2009 • 524 Posts

It definately is a special game. I just finished the game a couple of minutes ago. Finally finished this game after purchasing it over a year ago and never bothered to play it. Can't wait for part 2, hope the devs don't really move away from the core gameplay.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
It's good but later on it starts to lose it's fear element. The beginning is very scary though. Hopefully part two kicks it up a notch.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#22 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Its the best game I've ever played, I love it! Its amazing throughout with incredible sound, graphics, gameplay, scares and story

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

MushroomWig

lol, I love being scared!

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
OOOH yeah. that game is just about one of the best game i have played on PS3. it so good. i really hate horror games but when i played this game i just fell in love. it's so crazy how that game plays. i loved the creativenes of the game. like how you health stats were on his back and my fav was how the menus were in game ( no pausing) the no Gravity lvl were so awesome. i am sooo stoked for the 2nd game coming soon. i really hope they keep the real creativeness they started with. cause i have to say this Game GEN has really Lacked creativeness.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

Its one of my favorite games this gen. I was so surprised to see such an original and immersive new game in an era where everything is carbon copy. I havent been that scared since the original silent hill on psx. Probably has the best sound engineering of any game Ive played on the ps3.

I really hope they stick to the winning formula with the next installment, and not try to do anything too new that strays from the feeling of the first. Strategic dismemberments, Stasis, and completely immersive gameplay that never takes you outta the action.

For those of you out there that still havent played it. GET IT, at $20 you should take one of your legs and completely sweep out the other one for not already owning it.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

i love that game.......only beat it once, im scary

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MushroomWig

[QUOTE="MushroomWig"]

M0wen10

lol, I love being scared!

XD lucky you. :P
themountaindew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 themountaindew
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
Dead Space is one of the rare few games that never ceases to bring a smile to my face. That and Chrono Trigger. Hardly ever have I had such a great time playing a game. Dead Space is pure win, plain and simple.
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts
Hmmmm Dead Space is pure win. I finished it about a week ago and I'm doing it on Impossible now. I love heverything about it... except that it felt a tad too easy imo. Great game for horror fans like me :D I even watched the animated movie they released: Downfall. It gives some background info as to what happened before the Kellion arrived 8)Sim_genius
Should I watch the movie before playing the game, or after?
themountaindew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 themountaindew
I don't think it matters. Personally, I didn't like Downfall. It wasn't terrible, but it was quite boring at times. But I'd say you could watch it before or after, Whichever you do first will definitely add to the experience of the other, though.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
[QUOTE="Sim_genius"]Hmmmm Dead Space is pure win. I finished it about a week ago and I'm doing it on Impossible now. I love heverything about it... except that it felt a tad too easy imo. Great game for horror fans like me :D I even watched the animated movie they released: Downfall. It gives some background info as to what happened before the Kellion arrived 8)NotAFurry
Should I watch the movie before playing the game, or after?

Definitely after. You won't know most of the stuff you see there if you haven't played the game imo :o
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
I don't get how people were/are scared to play the game. There's virtually nothing in the game that gives you a scare. I probably don't get scared anymore since I grew up watching horror movies.
themountaindew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 themountaindew
I don't get how people were/are scared to play the game. There's virtually nothing in the game that gives you a scare. I probably don't get scared anymore since I grew up watching horror movies. ExoticAnimal
it wasn't so much the content that scared me. alien mutations in space is a tired old tale (Doom?), but it was the never ending tension. There were moments where I had one bar of health and 5 line racks and no idea what was in the next room. Sometimes there was a store or upgrade station but sometimes (and most times) there were necromorphs. It was an incredibly tense again beginning to end, for probably 3/4 of the game I trudged along at the slowest pace possibly, watching each step, as a horror game should be. Rarely was I able to just run forward, guns blazing.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I have no clue how people are scared of this game when you're in a metallic suit with all those crazy sci-fi weapons. It's hard for to get scared when I know I can pretty much kill anything in sight. I'm even hating, I am genuinely confused as to how people are scared by this game. You want a really scary game? Play Silent Hill or the Resident Evil remake. The REmake literally terrified me so much I had to stop playing for a while. Just the whole part where you have to go out to the cabin gives me the creeps every time.
Havok04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Havok04
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts

Incredible game. Way in the beginning when you are searching around the Ishimura and the lights go out and everything is pitch black I literally stopped moving in the game because it freaked me out so much!:lol:

Just the ambiance, the sounds and the way it's put together literally had me cringing everytime I entered a large room, or turned the corner in tight hallways. True their "scare tactics" did seem to dry out once you got to the latter parts of the game. The scene once you pass the game, however, had my heart beating a couple of beats faster that normal.;)

zark1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zark1989
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Hands down one of the best games i've ever played. I didn't think i'd be scared from a game but it was terrifying. I'm nervous about Dead Space 2 because i'm afraid its gonna get ruined. =/ So we'll wait and see =]

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Strongly Disagree. I thought it was too linear and the story was stupid, but I really liked dismembering the creatures so I didn't hate it or anything. Still, after I got all the trophies in it, I traded it in for something better. Just my two cents.
Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

I'm no veteran of horror games and/or movies, but Dead Space still couldn't provoke any more fright from me other than a few startled jumps. I played this game at 2:00 A.M. alone in my basement with the lights off and everybody else in the house asleep, and the game still didn't provide anywhere near the amount of horror I was told it would. Did I miss something while playing the game?

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

It's too bad EA are taking away that something special and making an action modern warfare-like game known as Dead Space 2 for the shallow masses.

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#40 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

What is all this talk about Dead Space 2 turning into a MW2 clone? Is there some sort of article out there that you all are up in arms over? I'd like to read it if someone has a link.

I'm looking forward to DS2. Dead Space was a very good game, but it definitely could use some improvements. Especially in combat. One big problem DS had was lack of varitey in types of enemies and enemy tactics. (the basic pattern was you go into a room, the doors lock you in, you are swarmed by enemies until you kill them all, the doors open, rinse and repeat in the next area. Boss fights also always involved shooting glowing spots on tenacles.) Fixing the combat so it isn't so one note would be a good thing.

What Dead Space did best was provide an immersive atmosphere – adding better action elements to an immersive atmosphere would be a very good thing imo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

What is all this talk about Dead Space 2 turning into a MW2 clone? Is there some sort of article out there that you all are up in arms over? I'd like to read it if someone has a link.Solori

sadly.. they are MANY article...

just to mention a few....here and here

and if you google dead space 2 you would find many more... I was sure that GS and kotaku also had one but could not find them..

I know.. sad ... oh well... they have us hook, so we are going to buy the sequel even if is AGAIN turning into "more appropriated" for this audience...