Dead Space 3 RPG elements

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

I've been hearing it both ways when it comes to DS3 and the RPG elements in the game.  Some people say it's pretty much standard action fair: you can upgrade guns and build a few things, but nothing special.  Some people are saying there are a ton of things to build, upgrade and find in the world, adding a lot of depth and variation to playthroughs.  Which are you guys finding to be true?

beanz777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 beanz777
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts
Well for me I think it's awesome and there is variation. Once you get the weapon parts you need you can pretty much build a weapon consisting of anything you can think of. There is a whole lot of variety eg. A ripper blade (primary) + line gun (secondary) with different types of tips (not sure how to explain it but the way a gun fires rounds) and there are also attachments such as stasis support, electric or acid modulators and even co op friendly attachments as well. So basically you can craft anything you fancy according to your playstyle. The hard bit comes in when trying to find enough tungstan to use :(
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

The optional side missions are some of the best parts of the game as well....

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

The optional side missions are some of the best parts of the game as well....

StrongBlackVine
yeah I just did the first one on the greely and it was pretty intense.... I just hope I don't do much more of the "fight the unitologist" crap... those shootouts were so boring in the beginning. I play this game for necromorphs, not crappy poorly designed cover shooting
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#5 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

It appears quite a few games lately are incorporating RPG elements into games. Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2 and now Dead Space 3. Personally I really enjoy RPG elements within a game.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It appears quite a few games lately are incorporating RPG elements into games. Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2 and now Dead Space 3. Personally I really enjoy RPG elements within a game.

Venom_Raptor

did u enjoy the rpg elements in far cry 3.:)

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

so many games use "some RPG elements" now, FPS : you'll get new abilities and spend points to choose them as in RPGs, racers : you'll get more otpions for your cars, survival horror : you'll get either equipment or skills to get better to survive or kill things, golf : you'll get some kind of XP to get better at things, and equipment that boost your stats ... it's so widespread in every genre I don't even consider it an important element when I choose a game ; and even it seems thrown in your throat and it doesn't bring anything good, or it's just there and you won't use it at all, you just get this nice knife that does damage, not caring if it's +2 damage, +1 critical rate, +2 durability, it just kills zombies or else, the "hey, buy this game cause it has RPG elements" has grown old

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#8 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

sukraj

did u enjoy the rpg elements in far cry 3.:)

Yeah I did, gave exploration even more purpose :)

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

This is the 2nd thread I've seen about this. DS3 is not an RPG it has greater weapons customization than previous ones is all.