DC Universe Online, yes or no?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

Do you think this will make it as an MMO on the PS3? Ive seen some gameplay on it and the combat looks very fluid but at the same time its a console MMo so i dont know..any body on here plan on getting it for PS3?

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
I am.It needs an audience though.And they NEEEED to fuse the servers together.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I want to get it but it's an MMO I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for just one game.
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

yea im willing to pay for the online of this game.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
I thought the beta was bad. So I'm passing.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I've had a lot of fun with it so far... If it had the lifetime subscription on PS3 I'd think about it, but for now, not a chance.
asz_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 asz_2
Member since 2006 • 984 Posts
yea they should've made this a single player experience rather then a mmo, they could've put the man power into other parts of the game and it would've been awesome but something about it i dont like, the devs have the passion because the content seems good but to me this mmo stuff seems to hold them back and ruin it because of the online factor...im pasing aswell.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
It looks like an interesting game but paying the price of a new release twice within a few months is more than I can handle. Not to mention the inevitable DLC which will drive the price through the roof and with all the games I wouldn't be able to buy with these costs, I could never justify the purchase.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
Naw, MMO wise I have WoW. I also have enough other games to play. Yet if the game gets good enough and popular enough, then who knows, I might pick it up. I know I enjoyed City of Heroes when I played it.
bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bleacher6

I've had a lot of fun with it so far... If it had the lifetime subscription on PS3 I'd think about it, but for now, not a chance.MethodManFTW
So your in beta? I have a question is the beta the full game just in beta form? Like does it have everything the full version will have? Ive seen a lot of things about how "customization sucks" and such but i figured if its not the full game of course it doesnt.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I've had a lot of fun with it so far... If it had the lifetime subscription on PS3 I'd think about it, but for now, not a chance.bleacher6

So your in beta? I have a question is the beta the full game just in beta form? Like does it have everything the full version will have? Ive seen a lot of things about how "customization sucks" and such but i figured if its not the full game of course it doesnt.

I'm pretty sure its the full game... and the customization is pretty damn good imo, but im not one to go all out an recreate ken masters or anything crazy like that
bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bleacher6

[QUOTE="bleacher6"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I've had a lot of fun with it so far... If it had the lifetime subscription on PS3 I'd think about it, but for now, not a chance.MethodManFTW

I'm pretty sure its the full game... and the customization is pretty damn good imo, but im not one to go all out an recreate ken masters or anything crazy like that

thats good to know...only thing im worried about is how good the pvp is and how repetitive itll be after a few months..but with the amount of content you can add to a superhero world they would have to be completely lazy to not satisfy daily users imo. Guess ill wait a couple weeks and see if its good from the start or not

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

It looks great but I will not buy it due to tis monthly price. If its $15 per month I'd rather get a PC MMO in the first place

KillerWabbit23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 KillerWabbit23
Member since 2009 • 3466 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I've had a lot of fun with it so far... If it had the lifetime subscription on PS3 I'd think about it, but for now, not a chance.bleacher6

I'm in the beta too. There's a level cap (20 for PS3, 30 for PC) and a lot of audio, gameplay, and visual glitches, but it's a beta.

Read the rest here, I wrote a blog on it.

But, sadly, I won't be getting it. I don't exactly have anything to go on other than allowance and the occasional babysitting job, so subscription fees don't sit well with me.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I played the DC Universe on-line Beta for about 8 days straight. I was an Alright game. But nothing to outstanding. I would imagine that they would have the freezing issues fixed before launch. If your a die hard fan of the DC superhero's and Villians then this MMO will hold your interest. But as for long term MMO on the Playstation 3. I cannot see DC universe lasting a full year. This game will do much better on PC. I just don't feel enough PS3 players will opt to pay $15.00 a month extra. Even though 15 dollars is not that much more.

MMO seem better suited to the PC platform then Playstation 3. Two different types of Gamers. DC universe is a good game, But it does come with a free month of on-line play. So you can at least see if it is worth the extra 15 dollars to you after the first month.

For me it is not worth it. Since I am not the type of videogame player that will stick with one game. In the case of an MMO you kind of have to stay with it and daily (or close to it) play the game. So I wouldn't play DCUO enough to get my 15 dollars worth out of it.

If you a huge DC fan or love MMO Community games Then yes.

But for me. No

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 octobermagic
Member since 2009 • 524 Posts

[QUOTE="bleacher6"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I've had a lot of fun with it so far... If it had the lifetime subscription on PS3 I'd think about it, but for now, not a chance.KillerWabbit23

I'm in the beta too. There's a level cap (20 for PS3, 30 for PC) and a lot of audio, gameplay, and visual glitches, but it's a beta.

But, sadly, I won't be getting it. I don't exactly have anything to go on other than allowance and the occasional babysitting job, so subscription fees don't sit well with me.

I am in beta also but I quickly stopped playing the game. I found that the city is so dead and boring. Yeah u see other players running/flying around but other than that its so quiet hardly any npc's around. Also the social part of the game is so harassing. U have to use the virtual keyboard to imput text into the chat screen and the voice part I could never get to work. I just don't see myself paying the monthly fee for this. Heck I don't think I would even get this game even if it had no monthly fee.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I like the way the combat works in the game, its the chatting and a way to find groups that needs worked on, but i will be getting it.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
[QUOTE="octobermagic"]

[QUOTE="KillerWabbit23"]

[QUOTE="bleacher6"]So your in beta? I have a question is the beta the full game just in beta form? Like does it have everything the full version will have? Ive seen a lot of things about how "customization sucks" and such but i figured if its not the full game of course it doesnt.

I am in beta also but I quickly stopped playing the game. I found that the city is so dead and boring. Yeah u see other players running/flying around but other than that its so quiet hardly any npc's around. Also the social part of the game is so harassing. U have to use the virtual keyboard to imput text into the chat screen and the voice part I could never get to work. I just don't see myself paying the monthly fee for this. Heck I don't think I would even get this game even if it had no monthly fee.

its a Beta they are working on the chat system and the voice chat. Its not great yet but the chat is better than it was a few weeks ago.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Pre-beta I was keen for it but now the novelty's completely worn off. Nope, not getting it.

neji122793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 neji122793
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

I would really love to play this game after seeing the gameplay but being a soon to be college student has put my money on lock :(

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts
I've had a lot of fun with it so far... If it had the lifetime subscription on PS3 I'd think about it, but for now, not a chance.MethodManFTW
I have a feeling that the fee will be waived within a short time after the game's launch. They're probably just trying to see whether enough people will still pay the monthly subscription before they axe it.
musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts

The sub turns most people off. They should make it so you have to be a member of PS+ to play MMOs. Makes since.

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
Played the beta or rather tried playing the beta.Couldn't get past the first 2 minutes of gameplay without the game freezing.This seems to be a problem for alot of people outside the US.The devs have been told countless times about this problem and still there is no fix.For anyone getting this game outside the US you are taking a very big risk.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Awesome beta. Awesome game. Day one purchase for me. :D
gh05tm4ch1n3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gh05tm4ch1n3
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts
Awesome beta. Awesome game. Day one purchase for me. :DThe-Apostle
If anybody else is purchasing the ps3 version please add me and maybe we can get a clan or guild going or just be it for a fun sort of team to trash talk other players or just to play the game you know lol gh05tm4ch1n3 or give me your psn and I will add you! Toodles people ^^
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#26 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I plan to pick up the special edition for the PC. Probably play it with the PS3 controller.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

still one HUUUUGE problem :

quite impossible to play in teams, the preset messages (hello, how are you?) are totally useless, and you have to type with the virtual keyboard and it's a pain, so everibody plays alone

Whybanme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Whybanme1
Member since 2010 • 118 Posts

I like the game from what I have seen, and I also like the idea of bringing MMO's to consoles. The idea of having a full fledged "WoW-like" MMO for the PS3 would be a dream come true. However, to me it's worth the $60 for the game, but not the $15 per month, or the aforementioned inevitable DLC's they will release over the course of its days for probably no less than $10 a pop.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
i loved it, but once i found out you cant transfer your character into the final game i stopped playing it. makes no sense to go get my character to a high lvl and give him/her cool abilities if once the beta is over so is your created character and all that time you wasted into it..but i will be getting day one.
pattyp77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 pattyp77
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts

I'm really enjoying the Beta, but I'm also a big DC fan - Not too many bugs for me... Unfortunately my mate cant play for more than 2-mins without a freeze up... Devs should have it fixed soon I'm sure.

I would definitely love to own the full game, but if there is a monthly subscription then I wont bother. I CAN afford it, but I often go 3 weeks without playing games (Life/work/kids/etc) so I don't want to be paying when not playing. I don't work so that I can donate money to Sony for nothing.

Make it free for PSN+ and I'll grab a copy of DCUO 4 sure.

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

I don't really like MMOs so i think i will pass, but i wish they made it into a single player game, then i could get into it. The monthly fee structure makes me feel like i am burning money if i don't play everyday for long amounts of time.

rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

its so sad that people are enjoying the beta like a few have posted but cant afford the subs, means a good game will not kick off like it should. iv not played the beta and my pc died a few months ago i love mmos so im defo going to get this and give it one month see how it plays with me the money isnt much a deal. its just i hope other people will get it and give it a chance like im doing. does any one know what the subscription is ?

rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I've had a lot of fun with it so far... If it had the lifetime subscription on PS3 I'd think about it, but for now, not a chance.RogueShodown
I have a feeling that the fee will be waived within a short time after the game's launch. They're probably just trying to see whether enough people will still pay the monthly subscription before they axe it.

no i think the need for monthly support off players keeps the game running as it does in wow , its not like a normal MP game the worlds change etc so there constantly being worked on as with wow an mmo for the most part needs a subscription to work propperly also the talk of ps plus being free for them is also nonsense as why would psn pay a dev for a game