DC Universe Online - jeeeeeeeeeesh

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 mrpear
Member since 2003 • 222 Posts

All the reviewers have it right. This game is awesome!... when it works. I understand that on the week of the release, everyone's going to be slamming the servers and that there might be some lag, but some of the problems i've been experiencing is ridiculous. In the middle of a mission, the server will go down, forcing you to completely exit out of the game so you can try to get back in. And when you're trying to complete a mission with tons of people around you, forget it. Everything goes in to super-choppy mode and you can't tell if you're hitting the air or an enemy, then all of a sudden, poof... he's gone and you get teleported 50 feet away. SO... someone please explain to me how a development team can honestly say that all this was hard to anticipate and that this is just how it is when lots of people play at once. How does WoW do it??? I love the game. Been waiting forever... but this is a bit unacceptable, don't you think? And don't get me started on the $15 pay-to-play montly fee.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Love the game and was working fine this afternoon, but this evening, yeah. Seems like the entire network has collapsed.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
i do agree. hopefully they will fix all of it soon. the game just came out so im not complaining...yet
i_H_U_R_D_u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 i_H_U_R_D_u
Member since 2011 • 60 Posts
Glad to know its a good game, bad to hear about the issues. I heard there is a subscription fee?
mrpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mrpear

yeah, like many big MMOs out there, there's a sub. fee. $15 a month but the nice thing is that you can buy an "econo-size" sub. and pay for months at a time to save a little cash. it's reasonable to have that fee to pay for server maintenance upkeep but the game needs to work first. i'm hoping this stuff gets resolved soon or it'll be somewhat of a waste of the first free month. Stable servers need to be a priority. I'm happy to be have been able to get some of my Superman fix in this game for the short time it's worked though. :D

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

i give it a month before it becomes a ghost town

mrpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrpear

At the rate these crashes are happening, you might be right. I read from the forums that the PC version is even worse. The game is crashing everyone's PCs from the start.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#8 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

i know they may seem pointless as its a MMO, but can it be played offline? Just thinking temporarily, until patch is released or server load corrected.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
Is this game worth getting?
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultraking

Is this game worth getting?hkymike
if you dont mind constant server crashes, fast leveling , small map , same mission structure & no crafting, then go for it

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chex81

[QUOTE="hkymike"]Is this game worth getting?ultraking

if you dont mind constant server crashes, fast leveling , small map , same mission structure & no crafting, then go for it

oh man, how disappointing.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
if they're going to charge people a subscription fee, the least they can do is release a game that actually works...
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

all this is very exxagerated, leveling was fast in the beta but sure was slowed for the main game, maps are of good size, Gotham and Metropolis takes some time to cross with either travel power upgraded, even if some missions can be same structure (save person, find this item) it's quite better than the usual MMO with kill green mobs, or find x plants, most are voices and part of a story arc and there's new kind of missions not seen before, crafting has always been a way to keep players occupied so that they play more (looking for materials and actual crafting may be 30% more game time) and pay more months so it's not missing imho
ajthelegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 ajthelegend
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

So are you talking from experience ultraking or just a hater because you seem to be really down on this title for whatever reason...

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#15 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I have it on the PC, I'm enjoying it. Still have a lot of things to try though.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="hkymike"]Is this game worth getting?ajthelegend

So are you talking from experience ultraking or just a hater because you seem to be really down on this title for whatever reason...

i am talking from experience

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

[QUOTE="ajthelegend"]

[QUOTE="ultraking"]if you dont mind constant server crashes, fast leveling , small map , same mission structure & no crafting, then go for it

ultraking

You also talk like a troll. A month and it's a ghost town, huh? lol....

Also, there was server maintenance today, so that's where the issues came from. (although the maintenance was to fix problems, so yeah they did mess up)

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Had it pre-ordered (Isn't released here until the 19th) but with the server issues I've been hearing about and my being signed out of PSN constantly as of late, I had no choice but to cancel.

Kinda ridiculous though for a subscription based MMO to be having server 'issues'. Especially one with such a small fan-base :roll:

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="ajthelegend"] So are you talking from experience ultraking or just a hater because you seem to be really down on this title for whatever reason...

RotaryRX7

Also, there was server maintenance today, so that's where the issues came from. (although the maintenance was to fix problems, so yeah they did mess up)

i say a month and its gonna be a ghost town because people will get over that new game smell and realize that all their doing is playing the same missions over and over again. imo of course

EDIT: i actually really do like the game and think it does alot of things right. but mission structure isnt one of them

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

don't understand your "mission structure" problem

actually, compared to other MMORPGs there is mission structure, a voiced NPC gives you the overall problem (Circe transforming people into semi animals), you have a buildup of the villains influence on the town, with different missions (save some people, kill different kind of baddies, discover Giganta abducted Wonder Girl, collect different elements on baddies, and finally fight Giganta) along the way leading to a finale ...

even each mission has its own goal which is not alwayd based on just killing mobs, but finding clues on them to make the story progress, which I have very rarely seen before ... (mainly in City of Heroes where Story arcs or big challenges exist but are far from being the majority of missions)

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I wish they would have made a single player version of this game. I loved the beta and was really looking forward to this game, but there are reasons I don't fool with MMOs. Being at the mercey of overloaded servers is one of them. The PvP and socializing in the game aren't much to brag about which kind of defeats the purpose of an MMO in my opinion. I just like the customization, leveling, and doing the missions. I would have loved to just have a single serving of DC Universe and call it a day.
Ltdvs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ltdvs
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="ultraking"]i am talking from experience

ultraking

i say a month and its gonna be a ghost town because people will get over that new game smell and realize that all their doing is playing the same missions over and over again. imo of course

EDIT: i actually really do like the game and think it does alot of things right. but mission structure isnt one of them

DCUO has a good large map that seems to me like it'll never get old. At first I was thinking the mission are simple, but only when I played them again I realized it's simple for being able to complete the game however may times as possible using different powers to make it easier. Most mission are the same but you cant just beat up everyone in every mission, they give you credict if you dont die in missions, whichscrubs like you fail to realize because you only look to complete the mission in rank up.

Spoiler: for example the Riddler mission on the hero side in is assigned by batman (isnt on the Villians) which was hard at first because in most mission theres like a large amount of cpu villians all spreaded all out the building, but that mission in perticular had like 15 villians all in one group. Then I realize a Batman misson like this requires stealth because unlike superman, Batman uses stealth.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chex81

I wish they would have made a single player version of this game. I loved the beta and was really looking forward to this game, but there are reasons I don't fool with MMOs. Being at the mercey of overloaded servers is one of them. The PvP and socializing in the game aren't much to brag about which kind of defeats the purpose of an MMO in my opinion. I just like the customization, leveling, and doing the missions. I would have loved to just have a single serving of DC Universe and call it a day. MrSelf-Destruct

same