DC Universe Online Beta ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DrunkMonkeyFist
DrunkMonkeyFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 DrunkMonkeyFist
Member since 2003 • 687 Posts

Currently as a PS+ member Im doing beta testing for this game , and as much as I would love to spill beans I signed a non-disclosure agreement.

But I literally can't wait for this to come out :D Im super excited!!!!

I cant wait for everyone to try this game on the ps3.Tthisis a groundbreaking genre for the PS3..and a groundbreaking game!!

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
i dont think anyone cares about the NDA as it is virtually an open beta. game is good, but has its fair share of technical issues.
DrunkMonkeyFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrunkMonkeyFist

I certainly care as I dont much like lawsuits. The technical issues that werepresent are being fixed and I really believe this game will be ready to launch by the 11th

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
there was a discussion thread made on this game like 2 weeks ago that we talked pretty in depth about the game... dont think SOE has contacted anyone in that thread. :P but yeah, the game still freezes about every half hour or so, so they have a lot to fix... but hopefully SOE is working their ass off to get it ready. if i ending up getting the full game i think id get the lifetime subscription... the countless fetch quests are annoying but i guess they are essential to MMOs
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Oh, man, I hope I don't get carted off to jail. :P
DrunkMonkeyFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrunkMonkeyFist

The Freezing issues that i had been having pretty much were nonexistamnt today( at least for me ), and I put in about 2 1/2 hrs in today. Everytime it got like it was going to freeze , it just loaded thru it instead.

As far as the Lifetime thing goes so far its only for the PC version from what I've read..which does suck

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
oh thats dumb well im def not gonna get the full game then unless that switch that up.. but yeah im still freezing pretty frequently... and hard freezes that make me get up and turn off my ps3 manually... it sucks! :P
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="DrunkMonkeyFist"]

The Freezing issues that i had been having pretty much were nonexistamnt today( at least for me ), and I put in about 2 1/2 hrs in today. Everytime it got like it was going to freeze , it just loaded thru it instead.

As far as the Lifetime thing goes so far its only for the PC version from what I've read..which does suck

Yeah, I read that, too. To me the PC version is the better choice all around. The graphics and interface are both much better on the PC, and even if you could get a lifetime account for the PS3 how much more gaming would that really get you? We have no way of knowing how much longer the PS3 will be around. If this game is successful it will be around well beyond the PS3s lifecycle, so its probably a better idea to maximize the deal in your favor by sticking with the everlasting PC. ;)
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="DrunkMonkeyFist"]

Yeah, I read that, too. To me the PC version is the better choice all around. The graphics and interface are both much better on the PC, and even if you could get a lifetime account for the PS3 how much more gaming would that really get you? We have no way of knowing how much longer the PS3 will be around. If this game is successful it will be around well beyond the PS3s lifecycle, so its probably a better idea to maximize the deal in your favor by sticking with the everlasting PC. ;)

You shouldn't be surprising anyone that the PC version of a multiplatform game is better.. Just not everyone has PC's capable of playing this gen games.
DrunkMonkeyFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DrunkMonkeyFist

Im definitely getting this one. I was excited for FFXIV to come out and fulfill my MMO experience for thePS3 , but that aint happening now. I really think this is gonna be the definitive MMO on the console experience

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="DrunkMonkeyFist"]

You shouldn't be surprising anyone that the PC version of a multiplatform game is better.. Just not everyone has PC's capable of playing this gen games.

Yeah, I know that. I'm just speaking for those who have the option. I had the option and was really gunning for PS3. When I finally got a chance to try it I was very disappointed. :(
DrunkMonkeyFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrunkMonkeyFist

MrSelf-Destruct

I actually just quit WoW right before Cat came out..just because to me the story should have ended with Arthas.. so not looking tomaximize the experience just to maximize it. Also the ps3 will be around for a long time ..go ahead and ask Ps2 :D

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrSelf-Destruct

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="DrunkMonkeyFist"]

I actually just quit WoW right before Cat came out..just because to me the story should have ended with Arthas.. so not looking tomaximize the experience just to maximize it. Also the ps3 will be around for a long time ..go ahead and ask Ps2 :D

Haha. You got a point there. :P
snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Currently as a PS+ member Im doing beta testing for this game , and as much as I would love to spill beans I signed a non-disclosure agreement.

I cant wait for everyone to try this game on the ps3.Tthisis a groundbreaking genre for the PS3..and a groundbreaking game!!

DrunkMonkeyFist

non-disclosure agreement!?

you think something bad will happen if you talk about what you saw in the beta?

there are so many previews of the game that we pretty much already heard what it was like.

DrunkMonkeyFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DrunkMonkeyFist

snover2009

non-disclosure agreement!?

you think something bad will happen if you talk about what you saw in the beta?

there are so many previews of the game that we pretty much already heard what it was like.

No not necesarrily because I think they will come after me , but because I said I wouldnt when I agreed to the terms of the beta. Basically just keeping my word.

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts
I'm in the beta and am buying the retail game day one!
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

enjoying the game right now, only big thing to boost is communication : typing "I'm RogueTrader, lvl 15 gadgets/2H sword, looking for team", they put some preset phrases, but not ones where you can insert your name, class ...