David Hayter not in Metal Gear Solid V?. I hope its just a trick.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheSerpent
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts

Despite David´s comments and Kojima´s comments, I believe David will be in MGS5.

Kojima is just shaking the water so the mud at the bottom would rise and make everything look darker and confusing. He did things like this before (remember the MGS2 trailer at the tanker? We all eat that one). A new MGS game with no Hayter I can take, BUT also without a SNAKE.

You want no Hayter Kojima? Fine, then bring someone new and also bring a new leading man in the game, as in the voice. If you are going to do it, do it right.

To me and to everyone: Hayter is Snake: period. If he is willing, alive and happy to get the job done: give him the job. And make us happy. I am sure the new voice will SUCK (in comparison).

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts
hayters gonna hate
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
no he isn't in it
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
hayters gonna hateChrome-
LMAO Anyway, I was shocked to hear it. It will be different, but no different than hiring a new actor for a previous roll in a movie sequel.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

We're being trolled. His reasons for not using Hayter are utter shit. I suspect we'll hear Hayter's voice at the end of the next trailer at E3.

XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts

We're being trolled. His reasons for not using Hayter are utter shit. I suspect we'll hear Hayter's voice at the end of the next trailer at E3.

Floppy_Jim
Hope so.. I couldn't imagine Snake with a different voice actor then David Hayter.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

Floppy_Jim

http://epdaily.tv/all/spotlight/david-hayter-exclusive/

I don't think so...pretty sure Hayter himself is bothered by the news just as much as the fans are. 

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

A new snake will be hard to take.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

23Jarek23

I don't think so...pretty sure Hayter himself is bothered by the news just as much as the fans are. 

But notice when he posted that. April 1st. And despite the fact that the date is automatically added to the blog he posted it in, he still manually adds it at the bottom of his name. He purposely signs off by indicating that it was April Fools day. Now, I know that's not all that uncommon. I know this is very likely not a joke. But that sort of thing gives me hope - especially when you consider this is Kojima we're dealing with here. This is what he does. Fingers crossed, but I wont get my hopes up. I'll be fine with a new actor as long as he doesn't sound like some business executive or some crap.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Well, in some way it would even make sense. Big Boss is clearly older now in GZ & TPP than he was in MGS3 or PW and he looks way closer now to what he looks like

WARNING: SLIGHT MGS4 ENDING SPOILER

at the end of MGS4, and there he had another voice actor as well.

SPOILER END

I'm a bit surprised as well nobody seems to have mentioned this yet.

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 23Jarek23

Well, in some way it would even make sense. Big Boss is clearly older now in GZ & TPP than he was in MGS3 or PW and he looks way closer now to what he looks like

WARNING: SLIGHT MGS4 ENDING SPOILER

at the end of MGS4, and there he had another voice actor as well.

SPOILER END

I'm a bit surprised as well nobody seems to have mentioned this yet.

Justforvisit

Everyone's already mentioned this, just not in this thread. But you have to take two things into consideration. First, Big Boss is 79 years old in MGS4, he will be 40 at best in MGS5, where as he was around 30 in Peace Walker, if theres a considerable voice change with age in which case there usually isn't once you get to a certain age, then it would be from his 40s to his 80s and not from his 30s to his 40s.

Second, there was a different voice actor because Big Boss and Solid were on screen together in MGS4, having the same voice would just confuse the audience as to who's talking, and if you say then maybe there will be an appearance from Snake in MGS5 or Ground Zeros then that's hardly unlikely because  GZ takes place right after Peace walker, at which point Solid was only 2 years old. So even if GZ is 5 years after Peace Walker, and MGS5 is confirmed to be 9 years after GZ, then that would still only make Solid Snake 15 years old or so. So the chances of an appearance are slim, and if there is one, he wouldn't have that raspy voice yet, making more sense for Big Boss to be voiced by Hayter and have some younger fella voice Snake. 

23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 23Jarek23

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

MrSelf-Destruct

But notice when he posted that. April 1st. And despite the fact that the date is automatically added to the blog he posted it in, he still manually adds it at the bottom of his name. He purposely signs off by indicating that it was April Fools day. Now, I know that's not all that uncommon. I know this is very likely not a joke. But that sort of thing gives me hope - especially when you consider this is Kojima we're dealing with here. This is what he does. Fingers crossed, but I wont get my hopes up. I'll be fine with a new actor as long as he doesn't sound like some business executive or some crap.

I meant for people to watch the video, it's an interview with him talking about it. 

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

its a simple PR tactic , shocking people to get free advertisments everywhere , wouldnt be this hayter controversy i wouldnt even know a new MGS is planned

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

23Jarek23

I meant for people to watch the video, it's an interview with him talking about it. 

Dang, I didn't even realize that was a video. It took so long for the controls to load it just looked like a poor choice of header images. Yeah, that's disheartening to say the least. I wouldn't feel so bad if Kojima gave us a better reason than "we're going a new direction with this game." The Japanese VA is returning for the new games. How come he gets to be part of the new direction?
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 23Jarek23

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] But notice when he posted that. April 1st. And despite the fact that the date is automatically added to the blog he posted it in, he still manually adds it at the bottom of his name. He purposely signs off by indicating that it was April Fools day. Now, I know that's not all that uncommon. I know this is very likely not a joke. But that sort of thing gives me hope - especially when you consider this is Kojima we're dealing with here. This is what he does. Fingers crossed, but I wont get my hopes up. I'll be fine with a new actor as long as he doesn't sound like some business executive or some crap. MrSelf-Destruct

Dang, I didn't even realize that was a video. It took so long for the controls to load it just looked like a poor choice of header images. Yeah, that's disheartening to say the least. I wouldn't feel so bad if Kojima gave us a better reason than "we're going a new direction with this game." The Japanese VA is returning for the new games. How come he gets to be part of the new direction?

Exactly, I don't see any justifiable reason not to have Hayter in the game especially if the Japanese VA is returning. Maybe there's some ill feelings between the two for reasons we don't know about. I dunno, whatever it is, I hope to see him return, be it because of Kojima just messing with us or Hayter being asked to return from fan demand. It won't be MG without him. 

Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

A new snake will be hard to take.

Megavideogamer
oh camon nobody caught this lol
krazula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 krazula
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
must be an april fools
XereoWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 XereoWarrior
Member since 2012 • 135 Posts
Some diehard MGS fan needs to start stalking David Hayter to find this out for sure. They could hide under cardboard boxes and barrels while they follow him.
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I think they are making a big mistake.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Well if you take that literally I think he's telling the truth...