Dark Souls or Demon Souls. Which is easier?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts

It's been a while since I played Demons Souls, but Ive heard people say that Dark Souls is harder. I have Dark Souls, and I seem to think it's easier than I remember Demons to be. Theyre both brutal, but iunno. I have Dark on my Xbox though, so maybe it's just the controller difference. Either way, Im picking it up again so I'll be able to know what people are talking about. I just wanna see what other gamers think.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I'd say Demon's Souls.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

demon souls

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

I'd say Demons Souls as well...I can run through that in about 10 hours now...Dark Souls still takes me about 50+

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

i find dark souls easier because of the controls. the controls in demons souls are ver inferior and less responsive to dark souls. backstabs parry and dodging is very precise in dark souls whereas they are glitchy in demons souls.

tho the first playthorugh in dark souls i died over 100 times whereas i did not dies that much in demon souls but now once i mastered both games i can without much trouble beat the game at sl 1 in dark souls because of the responsiveness of the controls.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Dark Souls is by easier of the two games. There was no area as annoying as World 5 in Demon's Souls that was encountered in Dark Souls. The penalty of being in Soul form was alot more crippling than say undead form, it was pretty much the equivalent of being curse in Dark Souls which was the most annoying status aliment in that game. Theorictically nothing can be as hard as Demon's Souls Pure Black World Tendency.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i'd say demon's souls is a bit easier. parrying is easier and you can stockpile restoratives if you need to. world tendency can be less forgiving than anything in dark souls, but it's also completely avoidable if you know how to avoid lowering it. that's kinda the theme for difficulty too. a lot of the harder boss battles are exploitable if you know the trick.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Demon's Souls is slightly harder because of the design differences.

mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

When using Clever rats ring for killing bosses, Demon's Souls is very easy. You can mop the floor with most of them, and in ranged positions. 

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
demons souls is easier iirc because you can have heaps of herbs.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

I found dark souls to be cheaper than demon's souls. if you were careful in demons souls, you could sniff out most traps and ambushes. dark souls, on the other hand, seems to go out of it's way to make sure you don't see those traps and ambushes coming.

upgrading equipment down the path you want is also much more difficult in dark souls, as you need a specific hidden smith and impossibly rare items

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1540 Posts
firestorm hyper mode makes demon's souls super easy lol if ur not playing cheaply demon's souls is a little harder because of the tendency system
Darksoldier091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Darksoldier091
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Demon souls
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14489 Posts

Demon's Souls, so long as you can figure out how to handle the Flamelurker.  Albeit the final boss was harder than Gwyn in Dark Souls.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9145 Posts
neither
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
Both. If you put most of your skill points into magic. Magic is actually OP in some ways, the amount of health some of the magic attacks will shave off enemies compared to melee weapons is insane. Same goes for arrows, they can shred enemies to pieces. Of course the game is still hard for magic users, but going melee-only is like 'Very Hard Mode' compared to using spells.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I only have few hours of play with Dark Souls but I didn't find it as difficult as Demon's Souls. Both games are old school, prepare to be very frustrated if you're not used to dying a lot. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I'd say Demons Souls as well...I can run through that in about 10 hours now...Dark Souls still takes me about 50+

Apocalypse324

hum... Dark souls is a bigger game...

I still dont know wich is harder. Demon's Souls may be easier cause you can use some cheap tactics to beat it. Wasnt for it and I bet it would be a harder game than Dark

puddinghead101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 puddinghead101
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

People who played Demon Souls first probably do think its harder than Dark Souls because once playing through it they knew what to expect from Dark Souls so maybe that made it seem easier.

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts

Dark Souls is easier.

Being undead in dark souls (basically can't summon help) is less crippling than being in soul form in demon souls (leaves you with half to three-quarters maximum health plus can't summon help).

Not to mention the world tendencies in demon souls makes the game harder the more you die in a particular world, but is non-existant in dark souls.

Also, in demon souls you have to beat a boss to obtain body form, but in dark souls you just needed humanity which could be obtained by beating a boss, farming rats, or killing a large amount of enemies in a particular area.

The enemies in dark souls telegraph their attacks more making it easier to block and dodge.

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts

People who played Demon Souls first probably do think its harder than Dark Souls because once playing through it they knew what to expect from Dark Souls so maybe that made it seem easier.

puddinghead101

I played dark souls first, and I still say demon souls is harder. Playing dark souls first just made it demon souls less harder :P

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1540 Posts
one of the ways to regain ur body in demon's souls is killing bosses there are multiple ways like using a "stone of ephemeral eyes", killing another player as a black phantom, or killing a boss as a blue phantom very similar to dark souls
Sileviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sileviathan
Member since 2013 • 158 Posts

I thought Dark Souls was much easier than Demon's Souls.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Dark Souls is easier to me... it's been a while since I played Demon Souls though.