Dark Souls Knight Laurtrec of Carim

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

I hear if you let this guy out of the cell he will kill all the npc's at firelink shrine, should I go and kill him there before he does this?

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
if hes going to kill the NPC then u should just kill him then. i know there was something like that in demons souls, u saved someone and he said i have a surprise for u later. and i ended up going to nexus later on and found everyone dead! so since im close to him ( just famring for souls ) once i free him ill kill that bastard lol
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

let him do his thing. He only kills the lady in the cave who won't speak, but will upgrade you estus flask. but after he kills her you can find him somewhere else and kill him and get an item to bring the women back to life and then she will talk to you

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
I killed him when you find him. His laugh was too maniacal. You get a cool ring, and a bunch of Humanity.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JoKeR_421
so wait kill him asap? or should u kill him after he kills the lady who dont speak?
Rezze16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rezze16
Member since 2005 • 124 Posts

Kill him asp if you dont want to deal with the dead girl (who upgrades the flasks). Let him kill her and you will find him later and fight him. This will allow you to revive the girl again and obtain his armor.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

so wait kill him asap? or should u kill him after he kills the lady who dont speak?JoKeR_421

If you kill him immediately, the Fire Keeper will live, and you will receive humanity and another goody I think. However, if you let him live and kill the Fire Keeper, you will receive an item called.. Black Eye (something, can't remember). After beating the bosses in New Londo Ruins, the Black Eye will resonate, allowing you to invade Lauretec's world. After a battle with Lauretec, if you are victorious, you will revive the Fire Keeper, obtain more humanity, his entire armour set, and a ring.

I let him kill her.

NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]so wait kill him asap? or should u kill him after he kills the lady who dont speak?MLBknights58

If you kill him immediately, the Fire Keeper will live, and you will receive humanity and another goody I think. However, if you let him live and kill the Fire Keeper, you will receive an item called.. Black Eye (something, can't remember). After beating the bosses in New Londo Ruins, the Black Eye will resonate, allowing you to invade Lauretec's world. After a battle with Lauretec, if you are victorious, you will revive the Fire Keeper, obtain more humanity, his entire armour set, and a ring.

I let him kill her.

which is the better choice, i think.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]so wait kill him asap? or should u kill him after he kills the lady who dont speak?MLBknights58

I let him kill her.

yea ima do that. although, right before i fought the gargoyle i was going to open the door but decided to come back later. after beating the gargoyle i went back to him and the gate was still locked BUT he wasnt there. next thing u know on my way to the fire shrine or w.e its called at the beginning and he was sitting across the girl who dont speak and he tellin me to leave him alone he has nothin to say to me lol. so i guess i might have a different outcome? but if he does kill her i will avenge her!

kupo1705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kupo1705
Member since 2011 • 64 Posts

At what point in the game is he supposed to kill her?

i1-Palazzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 i1-Palazzo
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Let him kill her, then get him after. You get the armour, too.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BoxingTheStars

kupo1705

i think it is after you beat the depths

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
Also the mute lady talks as well after you bring her back to life giving you interesting dialouge.
kupo1705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kupo1705
Member since 2011 • 64 Posts

[QUOTE="kupo1705"]

BoxingTheStars

I completed the deths but she's still alive and he's still sitting there.

Does that include blighttown?

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
Let him kill her, then get him after. You get the armour, too.i1-Palazzo
Thats what I'll do then, thanks everyone.
thecreechxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thecreechxxx
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts
I'm sure that just like in Demon's Souls, you'll have to play the game through more than once if you want all the items and story options. I wouldn't sweat how you complete your first play through.
Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tropicalshower
Member since 2009 • 10813 Posts

let him do his thing. He only kills the lady in the cave who won't speak, but will upgrade you estus flask. but after he kills her you can find him somewhere else and kill him and get an item to bring the women back to life and then she will talk to you

BoxingTheStars
This, plus you can get his armor set.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BoxingTheStars

[QUOTE="BoxingTheStars"]

[QUOTE="kupo1705"]

kupo1705

I completed the deths but she's still alive and he's still sitting there.

Does that include blighttown?

never mind just found out he kills her after you ring the 2nd bell of awakening

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

I let him kill her.

I basically copy and pasted that from a Dark Souls website I visited a while back. I can confirm today that I killed Lauretec and did not obtain his armour, and I confronted him in Anor Londo. Weird. Also my woman in the cave is not back to life. And uhh I did obtain the armour set but it was not after killing him, it was lying around after I beat the zone's boss. So Idk really.. seems like a bum deal to let him kill the old lady.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

I let him kill her.

I basically copy and pasted that from a Dark Souls website I visited a while back. I can confirm today that I killed Lauretec and did not obtain his armour, and I confronted him in Anor Londo. Weird. Also my woman in the cave is not back to life. And uhh I did obtain the armour set but it was not after killing him, it was lying around after I beat the zone's boss. So Idk really.. seems like a bum deal to let him kill the old lady.

there are few things i was confused about. u see those black knights? at undead burg? well if u kill him without u being hit u get his sword an armor, same thing with that boar, if he dont hit u, u get boars helmet for ur character...my point is did he damage u or hit u? seems most enemies give u rare weapons/items if u kill em certain way and dont get hit
Gemini_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gemini_Red
Member since 2003 • 3290 Posts

I let him kill her.

lol, see I didn't know that. After freeing him and talking to him a few times, one word popped into my mind; Yurt. I killed him on the spot.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i wasnt too interested in his armor, so i just killed him as he was eyeing the fire keeper. his ring is good and im not complaining about the humanity either.
zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#23 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

LOL, I had Yurt visions too, but I let him live. he's sitting peacefully in the Fire Shrine...opposite the quiet lady, he gave me some amulet, i used the sun soul to upgrade my health flasks anyway...