Dark Souls help/advice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oyamatsumi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Oyamatsumi
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Firstly, what a F...ing tough game, but i love it. Im currently at the Grey Wolf Sif area, im getting owned by him. I have been putting all my level points in strength and endurance. Im currently using the Dragon sword (the one that drops off the Dragons tail). The help i need is - 1. - I dont seem to be killing enemies any easier as i level, where am i going wrong? 2. - Should i be using a different weapon? 3. - I have farmed some souls, should i be concentrating on other stats other than Strength and Endurance? Thank you in advance :)
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

You've been using the Drake Sword for too long, I made that mistake. In Sens Fortress there's a Lightning Spear you get from killing a Mimic treasure chest, go get that instead. The Eagle Shield* (found in Blighttown) is very useful, be sure to upgrade it a lot; if your endurance is high enough it will block Sif's 360 sword attack. As a general rule I find putting souls into Endurance is only a good thing. With that spear and that shield you'll probably put down the bastard wolf on your first try.

*Would recommend using Sif's soul to upgrade this to Greatshield of Artorias which is a beast of a shield.

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts
take on sif later. take care of other bosses first. but, if you really want to do it , never ever block. dodge the heck out of him, and stay below him.
henrique1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 henrique1996
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts

near the second boss wich is the tower boss like a buffalo sorry cant remenber the name forgot it , befor that theres a black knight that will drop you the black knight sword wich is one of the best swords i passed the intire game with it give it a try ...

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1109 Posts
[QUOTE="Oyamatsumi"]Firstly, what a F...ing tough game, but i love it. Im currently at the Grey Wolf Sif area, im getting owned by him. I have been putting all my level points in strength and endurance. Im currently using the Dragon sword (the one that drops off the Dragons tail). The help i need is - 1. - I dont seem to be killing enemies any easier as i level, where am i going wrong? 2. - Should i be using a different weapon? 3. - I have farmed some souls, should i be concentrating on other stats other than Strength and Endurance? Thank you in advance :)

I'd recomend going and playing other parts of the game. While you're here you can join the cat covenant, and then when you go to blighttown kill Shiva when you see him down there (DO NOT KILL HIM IN THE FOREST AREA) and you'll be rewarded with an amazing ring that allows you to dodge more effectively. You need not kill Sif till nearly the end of the game so I'd just come back to him later when you have better gear.
Maluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maluk
Member since 2004 • 175 Posts

Also with the cat ring, you can do pvp in that forest area and farm souls until you're a higher level. But also since you're doing a Strength character, the Black Knight Sword is probably you're best bet. But if you want more of a variety iny our weapons, work on Dexterity as well. Also make sure you're equip burden is at half or under so you can roll quicker and what not.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts
I found sif to be one of the easier bosses. if you have good endurance, you shouldnt have any trouble blocking his attacks (eagle shield is very strong with low weight). I typically block until he does a 3 hit combo, with the last hit being a strong downward slam. sidestep the last hit, then get a few hits on him. goes down easy. you should DEFINITELY get a new weapon. the drake sword is good for early game, but it doesnt scale with anything, so it quickly becomes weak. if you have a strength based character, stick with axes, greataxes, hammers, greathammers, greatswords, and ultragreatswords. I'd recommend the Manserpent greatsword since you probably dont have the dexterity for the Black Knight sword
risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts
its not really advisable to block him on early game. Block if you have tower shield and itll be a cakewalk from there.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

strength doesnt do you any good with the drake sword (as long as you can wield it, the damage is set no matter what your stats are). if you can find some black knights to kill, they might drop a good strength based sword. even then, strength stops being useful for nearly all weapons after it reaches around 30 anyway.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

You might want to try killing a black knight with a nice big sword. Aside from being more powerful, it also scales with strength (unlike the Drake Sword).