Crisis Core or Final Fantasy Tactics?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
Hey. I just got my PSP two days ago and I'm loving it. I need help on deciding between to polar opposite Final Fantasy titles. I love the Tactics games, but Crisis Core also snags my interest. Has anyone played both FFT and Crisis Core? I could use some help, thanks. :)
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
I would have to suggest FF:CC tough i only own tactics and had already played it on the PS1 aswell i was rather disapointed in this port somehow, its VERY slowpased compared to disgaea wich i have grown acustomed to.

Besides most of the good PSP games are RPG's with lack of action so having FF:CC will be a welcome change once ya have gathered somew more games.
catlin_czirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 catlin_czirr
Member since 2007 • 2545 Posts

I honestly do not see why people like tactics, I get bored of the game in 5 minutes, and im a big FF fan, I just HATE SRPG games, Crisis core is seriously an amazing game, not on the same level as 7, but nothing ever will be, the game has ALOT to do, and it has the 2nd best graphics on PSP (after GoW) but I personally perfer it more actually, and it has full voice over for must of the game, it's just a great game every PSP owner should have.

EDIT: And the cutscenes 0_o wow im talking advent children level cutscenes!

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

thats a matter of preference, tactics is a strategy rpg, and crisis core is an action rpg, really just depends one what type of game you want to play. if it makes it easier FFT is an awesome game, and CC is getting rave reviews, so you can't go wrong. although i heard that its recommended you play final fantasy 7 first if your going to play CC, although not required to understand the story.

edit: just a heads up if you do decide to get FFT, the first 5 hours are tedious and hard to understand, but one of those games, that gets better and better as you play it more.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

I honestly do not see why people like tactics, I get bored of the game in 5 minutes, and im a big FF fan, I just HATE SRPG games, Crisis core is seriously an amazing game, not on the same level as 7, but nothing ever will be, the game has ALOT to do, and it has the 2nd best graphics on PSP (after GoW) but I personally perfer it more actually, and it has full voice over for must of the game, it's just a great game every PSP owner should have.

catlin_czirr

probabley explains why you got bored in 5 mins.

krazykillerFF7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 krazykillerFF7
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
i dont have either yet, but i am getting both eventually, when the price goes down
catlin_czirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 catlin_czirr
Member since 2007 • 2545 Posts
[QUOTE="catlin_czirr"]

hockey73

probabley explains why you got bored in 5 mins.

Well Jon Darc is tollerable for more than 5 minutes, just man tactics kills me!
babzdb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 babzdb
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts
both are great games get crisis core when you finish it buy tactics by then you will probaly want to pick up ff1 & 2 for your collection
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

You will get more replayability out of tactics. Crisis core is 14 hours for a campaign while tactics is around 40.

chewie1125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 chewie1125
Member since 2007 • 470 Posts

hm...
i really liked FF: Tactics

but...im gonna have to go with CC

GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
get crisis core tactics is so freaking boringi rented it
childe_roland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 childe_roland
Member since 2003 • 2542 Posts
Tactics is amazing, go with it.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

You will get more replayability out of tactics. Crisis core is 14 hours for a campaign while tactics is around 40.

Whiteblade999

according to reviews its 20 without side quests.

weltall1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 weltall1028
Member since 2007 • 4775 Posts
You have to be extremely good to finish Tactics in 20 hours, it takes most gamers over 40 hours to complete on the first playthrough.
Drgnsoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Drgnsoldier
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts
I would Get both, tactics is awsome i have ramza at lvl 75 with dark knight mastered with like maybe less then 30 hours but getting cloud and batheir are fufiling(even tho cloud is pretty weak) and crisis core is going to be simply amazing
hibikino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 hibikino
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts
FF:CC.
Ad-2cool4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 Ad-2cool4u
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
yeah i was wondering this as well, i like how Tactics plays and its appealing, but CC looks like it would be more fun (im not very good at Tactics :oops: :P)
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts
dude..........just buy cc and steal tactics from a little kid
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#19 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts
I would strongly recommend FF Tactics. The gameplay is pretty fun(it's a strategy RPG, it should be), the story is very in depth, and it's pretty long.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Tactics is not like any other final fantasy game.. It has alot of depth.. The one dislike I have about it, is its item system is non existent.. You can't make weapons and ther eare very few huge weapons in the game.. For the most part the best weapons you will get are ones that will come with characters or you buy...

That being said, you play it for the gameplay.. THe story if anything is laughable when compared to other final fantasy games.. One thing thats kind of funny though is Cloud makes a cameo in it (the cloud that falls into the life stream point of the story).

Really read the review.. Strategy rpgs are not for every one, but I think they are the most forfilling...

Avatar image for crazydiamond343
crazydiamond343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crazydiamond343
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
I would recommend Tactics if you like SRPGs, and while I personally don't think so, a lot of people say that Tactics is a hard game. I have both the PS1 version and PSP version, and, in my opinion, it is the best game in the Final Fantasy franchise. Unlike what is said above, the story far exceeds any other FF game in terms of depth (yes, including FFVII) and the gameplay makes it very engaging. This decision really depends on your RPG taste, while I think FFT is the best FF game, I know that the majority of people think FFVII is the best (personally, I think FFVII is far overrated). I guess if you're looking for a slower paced game with a good story, go with Tactics, but if you want a fast paced button masher (from what I've heard, attacking uses only the square button) with a decent storyline, go with Crisis Core.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

I would recommend Tactics if you like SRPGs, and while I personally don't think so, a lot of people say that Tactics is a hard game. I have both the PS1 version and PSP version, and, in my opinion, it is the best game in the Final Fantasy franchise. Unlike what is said above, the story far exceeds any other FF game in terms of depth (yes, including FFVII) and the gameplay makes it very engaging. This decision really depends on your RPG taste, while I think FFT is the best FF game, I know that the majority of people think FFVII is the best (personally, I think FFVII is far overrated). I guess if you're looking for a slower paced game with a good story, go with Tactics, but if you want a fast paced button masher (from what I've heard, attacking uses only the square button) with a decent storyline, go with Crisis Core.crazydiamond343

Tactics is a hard game to learn.. Because it has little to no tutorials that I can remember.. Infact my friend taught it to me.. And after awhile once you are above the level curve when it comes to challenges the game is almost too easy.. For instance the final boss of the game (the angel type person) only was able to attack twice before she died.. And she didn't kill a single character.

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

[QUOTE="crazydiamond343"]I would recommend Tactics if you like SRPGs, and while I personally don't think so, a lot of people say that Tactics is a hard game. I have both the PS1 version and PSP version, and, in my opinion, it is the best game in the Final Fantasy franchise. Unlike what is said above, the story far exceeds any other FF game in terms of depth (yes, including FFVII) and the gameplay makes it very engaging. This decision really depends on your RPG taste, while I think FFT is the best FF game, I know that the majority of people think FFVII is the best (personally, I think FFVII is far overrated). I guess if you're looking for a slower paced game with a good story, go with Tactics, but if you want a fast paced button masher (from what I've heard, attacking uses only the square button) with a decent storyline, go with Crisis Core.sSubZerOo

Tactics is a hard game to learn.. Because it has little to no tutorials that I can remember.. Infact my friend taught it to me.. And after awhile once you are above the level curve when it comes to challenges the game is almost too easy.. For instance the final boss of the game (the angel type person) only was able to attack twice before she died.. And she didn't kill a single character.

It has a tutorial. It's just not automatic like most games(you have to go to the options menu and press it).

motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

Final Fantasy Tactics by a slight margin.

Both games rock, just more to do in Tactics. Campaign is as long as you make it to be.

AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AaronHullLfc
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts
dude..........just buy cc and steal tactics from a little kidCoreoVII
This guy is just smart, could'nt said it better myself
et3rnal_d00m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 et3rnal_d00m
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts
I think tactics is better it has more hours of gameplay and its not so repetitive. Plus you actually need some sort of strategy.
Wae416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 Wae416
Member since 2007 • 803 Posts

I have to say, I really like Tactics. A lot.

I've only played Crisis Core, but it was very fun, too.

Still, Tactics is amazing. And Crisis Core is great, too, although I haven't played it much at all.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
Crisis Core
JadeTorchwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#29 JadeTorchwood
Member since 2009 • 874 Posts

I suggest you get both. I've got both of the games & love 'em.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Tactics is incredibly boring. I really tried to like FFT, I really did. It just isn't fun.
CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

This thread was from last year......and I remmeber posting in it......scary. Honestly though you really need to own both of these amazing titles. All the cool kids are doing it.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

will if u like strategy of course go with FFT but i personally like CC ALOT more