Could GT5 have been released this year but prologue pushed it back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
Could this be a factor as to why the game is coming out in 09? Because it also takes a lot of time to make a demo, mostly one that is like a full retail game. IF this this prologue wasn't released could this game have come out earlier?
fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts
I think it is more likely that they knew it would not come out in 08. As it takes ages to design each car but they chose to do prologue instead to keep people happy.
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts
I don't claim to be an expert on these matters at all but surely the prologue and the full game would be developed at the same time. The prologue is just a working part of the game but in turn bigger than a bog standard demo. Games are delayed for a reason not just to pi$$ everybody off.
SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

I think it is more likely that they knew it would not come out in 08. As it takes ages to design each car but they chose to do prologue instead to keep people happy. fastgamer01

thats what i was thinking cause a lot of people are hungry to play the game..

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I really dont understand the difference between Prologue and GT5, is the first one just a demo then????

they are the same games but GT5 has more stuff and thats all???

If thats the case then im not buying prologue

fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts

basically its a teaser of the full game with 5-6 tracks, 16 player online and aparntly 71 cars as found on this link

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=8811&cm_sp=gt5-_-topnav-_-cars

its only £20 :D i wish all games you can complete in a couple of hours were this cheap (AO2)

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

I really dont understand the difference between Prologue and GT5, is the first one just a demo then????

they are the same games but GT5 has more stuff and thats all???

If thats the case then im not buying prologue

DealRogers

As you may know, GT has a varied group of fans. You have the casual, the mid, and the hardcores. Polyphony has been releasing Prologues for quite some time now, and its aimed for hardcore gamers that love racing games simulators or in other words, GT. The reason its so popular now is because the PS3 is on every mayor games news now. So fanboys take advantage of this and make as if GT 3P and GT 4P never existed. Also, gaming sites are contributing to this.

It is a sort of demo, but if you were to measure it to other games (NFS series for example) then you could say it is a game. Having 70+ cars, 6 tracks with variations aside from reverse, 16 player online mode and split screen, then you have yourself a game. In the past they had 20-30 cars only and 5 tracks with reverse only. The Prologues are for those who cant wait for the real game to come out, and let me tell you, if you are a fan of GT like me, the waiting can kill you. GT4 took ages to come with multiple delays, and I expect similar stuff for GT5, mostly cause Poly strifes for perfection. So I will be getting Prologue.

But if you are not a big fan, then I would say just skip it.

josh5290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 josh5290
Member since 2004 • 40 Posts
Prologue is probably the majority of the work that has been completed thus far. So it's not like a step sideways or anything. Like the others said GT5 will take a lot of time and effort and I don't think that making Prologue is holding them back.
kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kaycon11
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts
Could this be a factor as to why the game is coming out in 09? Because it also takes a lot of time to make a demo, mostly one that is like a full retail game. IF this this prologue wasn't released could this game have come out earlier? SiKh22
It got pushed back to '09!!! Man, thats a bummer, but Oh well, I got a bunch of games I want to get this year, so Im fine with games like GT5, RE5, and FF13 not making this year.