considering the purchase of a psp, which one should i get.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 hawkboy_4
Member since 2009 • 1095 Posts
ok heres the deal, after about 8 months i am getting really bored of my ipod touch, so i am going to sell it on ebay, and with the leftover money i will buy a psp. the thing is i will be buying off ebay and the 1000 models are the cheapest, but im not sure which model to buy, can anyone help me out here.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
Buy a 3000.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

Get a PSP Go, you'll find it's save state function useful, and it's screen has a better resolution than other PSPs.

BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BonsaiMet
Member since 2010 • 542 Posts
Please don't get a Go, unless you like having a very limited selection of games. Get the 3000.
GigabyteM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 GigabyteM
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

get 3000,coz not all games to available be downloaded from PSN

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

The Go is a neat piece of new hardware, but it's generally $100 more than the other models (when purchased new, I see you are considering an eBay purchase) and because of licensing problems you will be limited on the games in the PSP library if you decide on the Go - Sony will not be making the entire back catalogue available - so research what titles interest you and go (no pun intended) from there. If you decide to get a 1000-3000, you can take the money you save not buying the newer Go and put it into expanded memory or used games. The 1000-3000 have larger screens than the Go, but otherwise basically all the same funtionalities with a few minor exceptions like lacking Bluetooth conectivity of things like headsets for talking in online gaming or using Skype. All models can access content from PSN, and there is no exclusivity to the Go in terms of what's on the PSN so it's not like you will be missing out if you buy 100-3000. I have a 2000 and I am perfectly content.

One thing I might caution you about in buying used over the Internet - The analog nubs on the PSP are notorious for having trouble if abused by the owner. Make sure anything you buy over the net when it comes to game systems has some sort of recourse whould something be broken when you recieve it. I personally would rather buy a PSP from a store (even a used one) where I could go back if i found out something was amiss. But that's me.

Hope this helps a bit. It's not everything to consider but it's what I can come up with off the top of my head at the moment.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#8 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

Get one that plays UMDs. You'll have the most games available to you.

A 3000 is probaby your best bet.

dkreller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dkreller
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I bought a 3000 yesterday. $199 cdn new. Limited Rock Band Unplugged edition. Comes with the game and a 4 GB memory stick. The other Limited editions only had a 2 GB memory stick.

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
get a 3000, what ever you do dont waste your money on a go, the 3000 can also download games like the go
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts

ok heres the deal, after about 8 months i am getting really bored of my ipod touch, so i am going to sell it on ebay, and with the leftover money i will buy a psp. the thing is i will be buying off ebay and the 1000 models are the cheapest, but im not sure which model to buy, can anyone help me out here.hawkboy_4
Psp go is a good transition for you since it's digital download only and smaller. Also once you buy a go, no need to buy anything since it comes with everything (including games), you can play right away after charging the system. Psp 3000, you still have to buy a memory card and data cable separately since they are a must, plus a game.

It all comes down to game availability in the end. Psp 3000 has all the games available compared to the psp go, So check first to see if the games you like are already available on the Psn.

The prices for bought are just the same imo, if you factor the memory card, data cable and a game more or less. Also amazon has a psp go for less than $249, sometimes it's only $209 or less when they have it on sale.

If game is important to you then get a psp3000, everything else pspgo.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#12 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I'd recommend getting the PSP 3000 or even a PSP 2000 you get more games for those PSP systems the PSP GO is not worth it in my opinion the Playstation Store is still missing some great quality titles not forgetting the downloads are more expensive then the UMD versions.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
I personally went with the 3000 Grand Turismo package. One of the games I felt was a must-have, Sid Meier's Pirates (a game I couldn't get enough of on the PC) isn't available on the PSN network (what give Sony?) Currently, I am playing Dissidia, a pleasant surprise since I generally am not into fighting games. Check out the GO and the 3000 (many stores have demo models available) and see which one feels right to you. As far as I understand, either one should be around for awhile.
hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hawkboy_4
ok so it looks like the psp 3000 is the best choice out there. i have a few questions about it. how long is the battery life, how long can i play before the battery drains? is it heavy to carry around in your pocket? how many online games are there? is it posible to get msn or ebuddy on there, and check your email inbox without typing: hotmail or gmail in the browser. and navagating to there site. say the batterys on 20-30% how long does it take to charge it back up to 100%
Emandudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Emandudeguy
Member since 2008 • 261 Posts

Please, please, PLEASE, just buy a PSP 3000, I BEG of you.

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IQT786
Member since 2005 • 2604 Posts

psp go

jasontdoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 jasontdoto
Member since 2005 • 510 Posts
[QUOTE="hawkboy_4"]ok so it looks like the psp 3000 is the best choice out there. i have a few questions about it. how long is the battery life, how long can i play before the battery drains? is it heavy to carry around in your pocket? how many online games are there? is it posible to get msn or ebuddy on there, and check your email inbox without typing: hotmail or gmail in the browser. and navagating to there site. say the batterys on 20-30% how long does it take to charge it back up to 100%

I own Itouch and a PSP 2000. My honest opinion take it or leave it: Dont' sell your Itouch. you will regret it afterward. I would just buy a psp 1000 used if money is the issue for 60-100$ and play good games for the psp only. Itouch is just on a different level for online browsing, watching youtube videos, for checking emails(hotmail/gmail), for chatting (ebuddy, skype), and a bunch of other benefits. Itouch's browser is much more friendly than PSP's and much faster as well. if you are into online surfing using wifi connection, Itouch just owns the psp. i can give you lot of advantages and disadvantages of both systems, because i am a huge psp fan and Itouch fan, but i want to keep my post short. my best advice would be don't sell itouch and just save up some change to buy a psp 1000, or buy the psp 3000 if you have the money for it.
hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hawkboy_4
yeh im still deciding what to do, i mainly want to play good psp games as opposed to crummy ipod games (it had to be said). the general consensus is a psp 3000 or go. if i get a GO can i upgrade the memory at all? and can a psp 3000 fit in a average size pants pocket.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
PSP 3000 is the best model. PSP Go is the worst.
hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hawkboy_4
i need somebody to answer my questions, not give me one lined answers which explain nothing.
BonsaiMet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BonsaiMet
Member since 2010 • 542 Posts
Have you tried Google? You can find all the answers to your questions much quicker than by asking here. :)
hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hawkboy_4
i have tried google, and cant get the answer's I'm asking for, that's why i am asking from people who own a psp and have done what I'm asking.
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anbu-black-ops
ok so it looks like the psp 3000 is the best choice out there. i have a few questions about it. how long is the battery life, how long can i play before the battery drains? is it heavy to carry around in your pocket? how many online games are there? is it posible to get msn or ebuddy on there, and check your email inbox without typing: hotmail or gmail in the browser. and navagating to there site. say the batterys on 20-30% how long does it take to charge it back up to 100%hawkboy_4
Battery life for the lowest screen brightness setting is around 8 hours. (good setting imo so it won't damage the eyes) The psp3000 is really big to put in your pocket. Unless you have a BIG pocket or cargo pants or a hoodie (pocket) There are alot of online games but some good ones are not available yet. But the PSN still have some good ones and some good classic ps1 games. About the msn or ebuddy not sure. Haven't tried it and no idea. Sorry can't help there. But you do have to type the add to check your email (I think). Charging time is typically around 2 hours more or less in my case.
hawkboy_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hawkboy_4
thanks for the detail answer, much appreciated.
PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PhilipV94
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

Oh and just to add something, there was a PSP Go on display at Best Buy, I tried it out, the buttons felt really bad, they weren't raised like on xbox/playstation controllers and on the psp, really disliked the feeling of it. Also I recommend you get the 3000, it's only $170 and I'm sure you can find one cheaper if you look around.

majbros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 majbros
Member since 2009 • 73 Posts

As a dude who wears Girls Skinny Jeans... I can safely say a PsP 3000 will MOST likely fit in your pockets. As for memory upgrades I'm not sure... I think the PsP go has an internal Memory, where as the 3000 hasthat MicroSD slot or whatever.So the 3000 will maximize your Upgrade-ability where as a PsP go will just fit in your pocket with no hardcore features.

Any other questions I can try and Help with?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Don't mean to jump off topic, but with the amount of threads in regards "which psp should I buy," does anybody else think Sony may have shot themselves in the foot? It seems they are losing potential sales. If people are hesitant in buying a psp of any sorts and enough time passes, nintendo may show something that steals the sale.

anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 anbu-black-ops

As a dude who wears Girls Skinny Jeans... I can safely say a PsP 3000 will MOST likely fit in your pockets. As for memory upgrades I'm not sure... I think the PsP go has an internal Memory, where as the 3000 hasthat MicroSD slot or whatever.So the 3000 will maximize your Upgrade-ability where as a PsP go will just fit in your pocket with no hardcore features.

Any other questions I can try and Help with?

majbros

It's really big to fit in the pocket (esp the jeans you wear). You also risk of breaking the screen bec. of its big size.

also you can upgrade the pspgo's space viamemory stick micro m2. The only major difference is the UMD. I think the TC is going with the Psp3000 or 2000 basing on the other topic. lol.