Considering adding a PS3 to my collection

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tank0oo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tank0oo0
Member since 2004 • 79 Posts

I have been seriously considering buying a ps3 for some time now and would like honest non-bias opinions on the system. i usally buy a system only if it has a large collection of games (as anyone normally does) and im not a fanboy so i dont care if it is made by one company as apose to anouther. The thing that interests me the most is the backwards compadiblity, i always wanted a ps2 but never got one, is the list a good size and do the games work properly? Im some what dissapointed in the newer games as they seem to be scoring relativly low (im going strictly off scores, not experience) and their isnt much that are not already on other platforms. Anouther thing is blu-ray, i have seen blu-ray movies and think they are amazing quality but i just cant think of spending 30+ dollars on a movie i can get for 20. Im NOT trying to start some flame war, DONT compare this to other systems, i want to know about the ps3 itself, not how it compares. And no "its awesome buy it" crap, i want good information. I already have a 360 and a high-end pc, so im looking mostly for the exlusive titles.

Thanks

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

I have both a 360 and a PS3 and Ill be honest, I play my 360 alot more and my multiplatform game choice is the 360 but the exclusives for PS3 this year look jaw dropping and Im very happy to have a PS3. Games like MGS4, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and Socom make me glad I have a PS3.

I play online alot more on my 360 because I like the overall service of Xbox Live more than PSN. PSN seems like a mess to me, and Im rarely on it.

I say get one, because the games coming out will be awesome :)

Hope I helped.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
I say get one. I'm picking mine up tomorrow, getting Resistance to start. I can't wait.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Matt-4542
I say get one. I'm picking mine up tomorrow, getting Resistance to start. I can't wait.destinhpark
Resistance is my only game for PS3, untill June 13th anyway. Its a very good game with a good story, fun gameplay, and I very decent length. Its one of the longest FPS games Ive played, and Ive played alot and we know that FPS games arent usually that long.
417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 417alum
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts

This is definitely a good idea you will love the PS3 and wait till June 12 so you can enjoy the 80gb and MGS4

and.... the new 2.40 update

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matt-4542

This is definitely a good idea you will love the PS3 and wait till June 12 so you can enjoy the 80gb and MGS4

and.... the new 2.40 update

417alum
Now has Sony confirmed the In Game XMB or is it just speculation?
killzone_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 killzone_gamer
Member since 2007 • 2333 Posts

PS3 has a decent sized catalogue of games now, and even though a poor first year full of crappy 360 ports didnt help at all, the exclusives and general quality of the system is beginning to shine through.

PSN is widely described as the underdog online wise because 360 have achievements and the ability to use the guide menu thing any time.

Both of which features PS3 is getting in a few weeks via update 2.40.

The future is looking good for the PS3 right now, with MGS4 just around the corner, and games like Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, Killzone 2, Dead Spcae, Resi 5 amoungst others all now more than a year away now.

I would definitely get one, not only for the gaming potential, but also it eradicates your need for a Blu-Ray player, which for just £300, is surely a must buy.

Hope this helped steer you towards your best purchase :)

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Matt-4542

PS3 has a decent sized catalogue of games now, and even though a poor first year full of crappy 360 ports didnt help at all, the exclusives and general quality of the system is beginning to shine through.

PSN is widely described as the underdog online wise because 360 have achievements and the ability to use the guide menu thing any time.

The future is looking good for the PS3 right now, with MGS4 just around the corner, and games like Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, Killzone 2, Dead Spcae, Resi 5 amoungst others all now more than a year away now.

I would definitely get one, not only for the gaming potential, but also it eradicates your need for a Blu-Ray player, which for just £300, is surely a must buy.

killzone_gamer
Am I the only one who doesnt care about HD or Blu-Ray?!
417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 417alum

confirmed June 10

here's a link

go to psu.com and you'll see it it's halfway down

417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 417alum
[QUOTE="killzone_gamer"]

Matt-4542

NO I do 2 i see little difference between dvd and blu-ray

PS3 is better than 360 because of free online, and when new update comes out more usable

PuffstaJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 PuffstaJones
Member since 2005 • 1160 Posts
I have 360 PS3 Wii and PC and I play my 360 most, but it's not nessesarily the best. Honestly there is no rush to get a PS3, there are only a few good games out now. You could wait a year and by then yull have home, little big planet, maybe FFXIII, MGS4 etc. It'll be more worth it and if your lucky thell be a price drop in the next year.
bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts

[QUOTE="destinhpark"]I say get one. I'm picking mine up tomorrow, getting Resistance to start. I can't wait.Matt-4542
Resistance is my only game for PS3, untill June 13th anyway. Its a very good game with a good story, fun gameplay, and I very decent length. Its one of the longest FPS games Ive played, and Ive played alot and we know that FPS games arent usually that long.

well i wonder why u ay ur 360 more? lol, im not a fanboy just found it funn lol

but yea, u should get a ps3, games are picking up, i have both systems and although i hate the 360 (the actual system not the games... i hate it cuz its broken on me 4 times and i havent had it for even 2 years)

both have good games, imo ps3 line up now is a lot stronger, plus if ur like me it will benifit u more because i never lay a game more then once, and im not a big mutiplayer so its good that s3 titles hold more value a lot longer, that really shouldnt be a decision maker in itself but i find its a nice lil add on

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts

I say: get the mgs4 bundle, this year you will get treated with some great exclusives, besides dont go much after scores, uncharted, ratchet and clank, motorstorm and some others are great games, the ps3 is aso a media hub, you can install linux on it, you can play your video games via remote play with a psp, you can upgrade your hard drive with almost ANY laptop hd out there, version 2.4 is coming in early june just in time for mgs4, and it will have trophies, in game xmb and universal friend list and all that, besides psn is free ;)

417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 417alum

I say: get the mgs4 bundle, this year you will get treated with some great exclusives, besides dont go much after scores, uncharted, ratchet and clank, motorstorm and some others are great games, the ps3 is aso a media hub, you can install linux on it, you can play your video games via remote play with a psp, you can upgrade your hard drive with almost ANY laptop hd out there, version 2.4 is coming in early june just in time for mgs4, and it will have trophies, in game xmb and universal friend list and all that, besides psn is free ;)

psyum

Ya go on sonystyle.com

ask for e-mail when in stock

order on june-12

bam 80gb ps3, MGS4, and $100+ gift card i think

killzone_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#15 killzone_gamer
Member since 2007 • 2333 Posts
[QUOTE="killzone_gamer"]

Matt-4542

I just like it because i really like films and soon DVD will not be used and beside i spent nearly £3000 on my HD 1080p Pioneer Plasma, i want the best from it !!!

:twisted:

PS3 is the way though, and like someone else here said (sorry i cant remember who) PS3's online is also freeee!