Connecting a PS3 To a 22inch HD LCD and Surround sound Home theatre HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mgsupra101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mgsupra101
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts

So yeah the topic says it all. I have a Element FLX-2210 HD LCD TV with composite,1 HDMI input. and your other basic stuff. My receiver is a Samsung HT-X50 Home Theatre system. It too has a HDMI output and a Optical output which everyone is gonna say use but i don't have the cable at the moment and i cant get one til Friday so I'm looking to still do surround sound with the best video quality for now if I can. Right now I have the HDMI cable from the PS3 too the TV and the composite red and white cables from the ps3 too the Receiver. What are my other options too get surround sound or at-least more then 3 speakers working without the optical cable?

Thanks guys,

Mike

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
Friday's not that far away, really. I doubt that you're going to get full surround sound the way you have it hooked up.
envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

Hey Mike,

I know you need assistance with your Media connection but this topic will be well recieved in the Audio/Video Hardware Discussion Forums.

Thank you,

Envybianchi

Choco_Taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Choco_Taco
Member since 2007 • 573 Posts
Your gonna have to wait for the cable:| You won't be able to get surround sound with the RCA cables since its a digital signal. It'll only work with an optical, coaxial, or HDMI cable.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
Your gonna have to wait for the cable:| You won't be able to get surround sound with the RCA cables since its a digital signal. It'll only work with an optical, coaxial, or HDMI cable. Choco_Taco
Isn't RCA analog?
RomanticFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 RomanticFool
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
Wait for the cable. The HDMI(PS3) --> Reciever ---(1)---> HDMI(TV) ---(2)----> Optical / Speaker Wires (Your sweet surround sound) will have you crooning for even more speakers and proper sound baffling. And eventually, your friends won't be able to get you to leave the room - your ps3 will wind up becoming your main media center!