COD4 or Mordern MW2...which is better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

glassesboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 glassesboy
Member since 2006 • 265 Posts

Well I was an avid player of COD4, and think it was one of the best game MP of all time. It had it's problems, yes, but still EPIC none the less. I'm away from home now for 2 months, so I was away for the MW2 launch so I don't have it yet. I've read the amount of problems and complaints about it, and on the other hand, heard and saw allot of of good things. I will buy it when I get home, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it...but...I'm sure there won't be that "feeling" of when I played COD4.

So in your opinion, do you think MW2 is better, or more "epic" than COD4?

Thx for taking the time to reply guys;)

Been reading all the comments you guys left, thx btw, and most people agree that MW2 online MP is better, minus the amount of killstreaks. But most can be avoided by the cold blooded perk.

Another good point so far is that the maps are way too big. I think there should be more people in the MP. I think on the PS3 there's what...8 people on a team or something?...I'm not sure, but for the size of the maps, I think there should be more people on the maps. That will make the gameplay more fast paced like COD4. Anyone think that Inifinity Ward can make a patchthat will allow for more people in a game?

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

COD4 had a more 'ZOMG this game is amazing' feel to me, the campaign in 4 is tons better than MW2 IMO but i enjoy think the multiplayer aspect of MW2 is a more fun than 4 simply because of all the extras to grab plus SpecOps is insane for local MP which is a big plus for me since i play with my friends a lot.

Bottom Line: COD4 is better for single player, MW2 better for MP, that's my opinion don't flame me ;) hope it helps

jaooob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jaooob
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

COD4 had a more 'ZOMG this game is amazing' feel to me, the campaign in 4 is tons better than MW2 IMO but i enjoy think the multiplayer aspect of MW2 is a more fun than 4 simply because of all the extras to grab plus SpecOps is insane for local MP which is a big plus for me since i play with my friends a lot.

Bottom Line: COD4 is better for single player, MW2 better for MP, that's my opinion don't flame me ;) hope it helps

yoda4ps3

I think yoda was right 100%. I was hooked when I played COD4 campaign. MW2's online is SO much better than COD4's online.

jk_InFAMOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jk_InFAMOUS
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

MW2 is better. It's a more polished MW. MW had more of a "WOW" factor though when it was first released.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

I still think that COD4 is more fun. MW2 just gets annoying with all the constant harrier's, javelin glitchers, helicopter gunners, ac130's and predator missles. Too many ways to die. Once one team gets one of those it pretty much dominates for the portion of its life.

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

Well I was an avid player of COD4, and think it was one of the best game MP of all time. It had it's problems, yes, but still EPIC none the less. I'm away from home now for 2 months, so I was away for the MW2 launch so I don't have it yet. I've read the amount of problems and complaints about it, and on the other hand, heard and saw allot of of good things. I will buy it when I get home, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it...but...I'm sure there won't be that "feeling" of when I played COD4.

So in your opinion, do you think MW2 is better, or more "epic" than COD4?

glassesboy
cod4 is better in my opinion
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

MW2's online was sorta noob friendly while MW1 made leveling up rewarding.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

MW2's online was sorta noob friendly while MW1 made leveling up rewarding.

1bigsmoke55

True... thats why i dont like it : )

GingerDeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GingerDeadMan
Member since 2009 • 807 Posts

I think the REAL question is "MAG or Bad Company 2, which is better?"

Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I enjoyed MW2 more, in both multiplayer & the campaign. CoD4 was great though.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

COD4 for the time it came out was somthing never seen before.....Fast pace, ran smooth as butter, and offered so much in terms of the way you rank up, the whole xp system, perks, Solid Single player story. That It redefined FPS's and we see this today as many games try and use COD4's methods.

MW2 is nothing new, but still a solid Game...............................As for the Noob friendly......Couldnt be more TRUE....Online take Zero skill...... run around kill as many as you can before you get shot in the back and repeat for hours....Nah!!!!

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

MW2 is better no doubt...COD4 is more revolutionary though

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Even though MW2 is the HOTTEST shooter on the market at the moment, COD4's online community is going to be around for a loooooooong time. I like the storymode from both games, but I must say that I enjoyed MW2's story better.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
I liked CoD 4 more. I prefer the multiplayer maps alot more. It'd be cool if they had the old maps as DLC.
dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts

MW2: Better package as a whole, because of Spec Ops and a more packed Multiplayer.

COD4: More groundbreaking because it was the first Modern Warfare- MW2 is more or less a sequel, not so revolutionary.

I don't enjoy the MP in MW2 as much and here's why.

For one, I feel like there are FAR too many killstreak rewards. It seems like every two seconds people are being killed by a Pave Low, a Predator Missile, a Sentry Gun, etc., etc.

And two, I don't feel like the Create a Class is as balanced as it was in COD4. I mean, you can now run around with 2 RPGs, a Grenade Launcher attatched AR with 2 grenades, AND a grenade/Semtex/Claymore. Or if you want, you can use a Sniper rifle and a PP2000 or a Beretta 93 Raffica (pocket M16). Those machine pistols could very well serve as primary weapons. Players have literally become one-man armies. I miss the one primary and one sidearm.

randino84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 randino84
Member since 2009 • 457 Posts

both are great fun but i do miss the one main gun one main sidearm setup and the BAZILLION new killstreak rewards can get pretty annoying

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

I think the REAL question is "MAG or Bad Company 2, which is better?"

GingerDeadMan

I think his topic states otherwise. Now on topic, my opinion is that, as other have stated before me, the campaign was better in COD4, but the online has been improved greatly improved in MW2. So MW2 is better overall, being that it relies on its multiplayer to be the great game that it is.

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

[QUOTE="yoda4ps3"]

jaooob

I think yoda was right 100%. I was hooked when I played COD4 campaign. MW2's online is SO much better than COD4's online.

prtty much this, I like Cod4 as it got me into the series
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

People always complain about popular games, as if they are above them. But no MW2 is better than COD4. Such a fun game, you will definitely enjoy it.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

cod4 is my fav

cod6 is a better game

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

MW2 is better in every aspect. But, I like the new MP maps and all, but there are too many places to hide and too many campers.

yeaaboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yeaaboii
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts

Call of duty 4 is a lot better IMO

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

MW2 is better

hyperkass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hyperkass
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts

I bought both in the space of 2 weeks. So i saw how i'd go playing both together at the same time and Modern Warfare 2 takes the prize in my opinion

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

COD4 campaign was better.

MW2 multiplayer is better. The map designs and the respawn positionsimproved from the first one.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Imo Cod4 was way better then MW2, the story was hard on vet, the online felt super balanced, and the "omg moments" felt right and not over done.

MW2 is a fun game but the online feels like infy ward is trying to make a more of an urban unrealistic type of game (duel wielding, all the killstreacks, limited perks, all the guns feel like the have double tap and deep impact on). Plus the story trys way to hard to give you tiwsts and omg moments and after a while it just looses its touch. (oh and the game was super easy on vet)

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#28 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 is better than COD 4 in every single way

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
MW2 for mp and spec ops but MW for sp. I didn't like mw's guns or maps
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Cod4 has a more "stable" story. MW2 story has many unbelivable stuff in it and plenty of plotholes. BUT, the plost twists are quite amazing. Mw2 has better levels to play in singleplayer than cod4. Also mw2 has better mp!!
Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts

Both are great but i enjoyed playing COD4.. :D

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

both are equally good games imho, however mw had an incredible "wow" factor mainly because it was the first fps to use the infinity engine (i'm not sure about the name though, the graphics engine developed by infinity ward), it had super smooth frame rate, it had sharp controls and it helped the player feel the action intensely...

ok, it does not have the destructibility of dice's frostbite engine used in bf: bc, or theimage beauty of killzone 2 (cod is a multiplatform game hence it does not utilize all of ps3's capacity) but it is superb for frantic action ine a medium size map (big size map is featured in bf series imo)...

bottom line is that these arejust amazing games, in an incredibly diverse genre and both have the same value in my view...

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

CODMW2 is way too NOOB FRIENDLY??????

Fajowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fajowski
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Cod4 to me was much better. The campaign for cod4 is classic, revolutionary, and always fun to play. The mp for cod4 is better. The maps are better, the guns are better, and it's not dominated by killstreaks and overpowered guns. Also, there aren't as many campers in cod4 cuz there weren't a bunch of super good killstreaks to camp for. And there aren't as many noobs. I always have alot more fun playing cod4. Mw2 is invested with noobs, campers, and annoying killstreaks that kill u every second. Mw2 was always really frustrating to play to the point where I had to shut my Xbox off. I will never play mw2 as long as I live. And the campaign is forgettable. Cod4 will always be great, and in the rankings for the best video games ever, it is near the top(#1), and is way higher than mw2. Also, one of my favorite quotes of all time, "On your feet soldier, we are leaving."
Fajowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Fajowski
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
So you enjoyed getting killed by commando and one many army noob tubers and ridiculous kill streaks. Oh, and my favorite part of mw2 was getting killed by all of the campers. Campers made mw2 the great game that it is.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
cod 4 is great, probably a better sp and the mp is nothing to laugh about but i played mw2 farrrr farrrr more
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

COD4

LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

COD4 every time. The campaign was awesome and the multiplayer was the best this gen.

kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

cod 4