COD4 ending help ***SPOILERS***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ugafootballfan1
ugafootballfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ugafootballfan1
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

I just beat COD4 on easy and i was wondering a couple of things:

does Gaz, CPTN. Price, and the rest of the crew die?

what the heck was that explosion on the bridge?

What was the point of the mission after the credits (it was kinda stupid to have a level where you shoot for like 30 seconds, shoot the bad guy in the leg, and then die because you get blasted outa the air by the bomb).

What happened to the US guy?

thanx for your help

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Well, the US guy died when the Nuke went off. If you've played the game through, it's pretty obvious.

I don't remember much about the bridge cause it's been awhile since I've beaten it.

The credits mission I've passed on the first try. With all the other missions in the game that seemed pretty hard to me, the plane mission seemed pretty easy. Almost like the entire game was preping you for it or something lol:P When you rescue the hostage, you jump out of the plane and that's it.

Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Solid_Snake1221
Member since 2004 • 8658 Posts

Were you not pay attention during the game at all? >_>

The US guy died from the giant nuclear explosion, during the small little mission where you control him in the aftermath.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the crew dies, and the explosion on the bridge was from a gas tanker.

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

Well, they don't really tell you, but it's pretty safe to assume everyone dies except Soap. The explosion was from a gas tanker, and my only guess is that it was caused by the Russian Loyalists that fly in (Sgt. Kamarov).

As for the US guy, if you are talking about Jackson, he died. He was in range of the nuclear blast and probably died of serious injuries from the helicopter crash or from extreme radiation poisoning.

The mission after the credits was semi-pointless and was just a little something extra they added. From what I remember the SAS team gets off the plane with the hostages before it explodes, but been a couple months or so since I played that "mission."

ugafootballfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ugafootballfan1

i did play the complete game.

jackson looked like he was still alive after the nuke (and he was)

i didnt know if they all died (is saw that guy (cant spell his name) shoot Gaz in the head (i think it was Gaz. Cptn. Price tossed me the gun but i remember th plane squad trying to revive him but he died. what about the rest?

And at the end even if they jumped out b4 the explosion wouuldnt they die when they hit the ground?

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

i did play the complete game.

jackson looked like he was still alive after the nuke (and he was)

i didnt know if they all died (is saw that guy (cant spell his name) shoot Gaz in the head (i think it was Gaz. Cptn. Price tossed me the gun but i remember th plane squad trying to revive him but he died. what about the rest?

And at the end even if they jumped out b4 the explosion wouuldnt they die when they hit the ground?

ugafootballfan1

Griggs was shot in the neck while dragging Soap, so highly likely he had no chance.

Jackson "survived" the blast from the nuke, but obviously just barely, and the radiation would be extremely close and it's very unlikely he could even breathe. It was also likely his injuries would have killed him even if there was no radiation.

The people at the end jumped out and I'm sure they had parachutes. There is a slight jump to the scene where they jump out, so we are to assume there was time in between the last kill and the jump where they got everyone parachutes.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
People would die from a nuclear blast even 100 miles away. Short term or long term, they would still die. He was what? Say a mile from it? Yeah, he's dead. It's radiation central. Unless IW makes him some kind of mutant in future COD games, he's about as dead as dead can be. If some how you survived that crash in a simular situation and are looking up at the mushroom cloud that close, you wouldn't be alive much longer either.
ugafootballfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ugafootballfan1

i understand.

so pretty much everybody except for soap died?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
The army guy dies in a Nuclear Explosion. Soap is the only survivor at the end and the mission after is you as soap with a brand new team. You dont die at the end you just jump out with the VIP
ugafootballfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ugafootballfan1

avataraang does have a pretty good point

i never thought about that being soap. it was just showing that there more of him to come (which means cod5 will be modern again!)

coolcat888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 coolcat888
Member since 2003 • 220 Posts

ugafootballfan1, sorry to disappoint you, but COD5 isn't going to be modern. It's being made by Treyarch and it's WW2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 avataraang1

ugafootballfan1, sorry to disappoint you, but COD5 isn't going to be modern. It's being made by Teyarch and it's WW2.

coolcat888
Yeah
Toadso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Toadso
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts

ugafootballfan1, sorry to disappoint you, but COD5 isn't going to be modern. It's being made by Teyarch and it's WW2.

coolcat888

Is the setting of COD5 confirmed yet? isnt it just a rumour?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 avataraang1
[QUOTE="coolcat888"]

Toadso

Is the setting of COD5 confirmed yet? isnt it just a rumour?

I believe it was confirmed But probably a rumor

EDITED

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
the us guy paul jackson die cause of the nuke on the bridge gaz and griggs die for sure Cpt price i'm pretty sure dies although they never really confirm it you can tell my the guy who is trying to revive him. as for the epolougie you don't die you escape just as the plane explodes
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts
avataraang1 I love the micheal straham chasing brady video in ur signature. Even though I love the Patriots, that is way too funny. But anyways, everyone dies except for soap and I think COD6 will include soap.
abbasazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 abbasazam
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

Well... I am not sure about Gaz but soap and Price do survive. and sgt jackson dies because of some random nuclear warhead.

abbasazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 abbasazam
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

Well... I am not sure about Gaz but soap and Price do survive. and sgt jackson dies because of some random nuclear warhead.

abbasazam
I know this because in MW2 price almost dies again and u play as SOAP
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#21 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

EDIT: Why would you revive a topic from 2008?

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Because he probably randomly found it on Google or something