COD4, downloadable contents is coming....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 bjhean
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
I snapped up this on a swedish newssite.

"Vad Infinity Ward ska ta sig an härnäst är de förtegna om. Men många spelare längtar efter fler multiplayerbanor till "Call of duty 4". - Vi är stora fans av nedladdningsbart material. Håll utkik, säger Bowling."

What it says is: What is next to happen? IW don't say much. But many players is longing for more maps for the MP part of COD4. - We are very big fans of downloadable contents. Keep your eyes open, Bowling says.

Well, I hope it will come soon, and not take as long as with the patch.

3zoozM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 3zoozM
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
like what? new maps and guns?
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
i'd love some new maps, i just hate Bloc and Countdown soooo much. i'd like some new perks and guns too, although with the online structure set up the way it is i can't see it happening.
tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts

i'd love some new maps, i just hate Bloc and Countdown soooo much. i'd like some new perks and guns too, although with the online structure set up the way it is i can't see it happening.
americahellyeah

Huh? Those 2 are among my favorite. I hate Bog.. because the game always bogs down.

bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bjhean
agree, get rid of Bloc, I hate that freakin' map.

americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 americahellyeah

agree, get rid of Bloc, I hate that freakin' map.

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]i'd love some new maps, i just hate Bloc and Countdown soooo much. i'd like some new perks and guns too, although with the online structure set up the way it is i can't see it happening.
bjhean

i know its horrible, especially wiht all those people getting up the level 49. then they just camp out with there 50 cals. not they can ever kill me (silenced weapon, UAV Jammer, extreme conditiong and a smoke grenade :D) but its just such a poorly laid out map.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Hopefully this news may be true. I would like to see some updated new fresh content to keep the game going, so it doesnt get dull.

Bloc, is one of my least fav maps in the game. I cant really complain with others, but bloc is not cool...somebody say sniperfest?

bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bjhean

Hopefully this news may be true. I would like to see some updated new fresh content to keep the game going, so it doesnt get dull.

Bloc, is one of my least fav maps in the game. I cant really complain with others, but bloc is not cool...somebody say sniperfest?

navigata

well, they got the game of the year award from this newspaper and the developers said it themselves, so I hope it is true :) otherwise it sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
Countdown was the best map ever. What they should make is a level in a desert. No more snipers
tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts

HUH? Everyone here hates Boc? Just put a silencer on an MP5 with stopping power.. easy kills against campers since they tend to hang out in groups (heck, I literally knifed 8 guys in a row b/c of this fact).

If you have 3x frag.. you know where to throw em since you know where they spawn.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 americahellyeah

HUH? Everyone here hates Boc? Just put a silencer on an MP5 with stopping power.. easy kills against campers since they tend to hang out in groups (heck, I literally knifed 8 guys in a row b/c of this fact).

If you have 3x frag.. you know where to throw em since you know where they spawn.

tommcruise

its just a poorly layed out map.

mountain_duwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 mountain_duwe
Member since 2007 • 1636 Posts
I hate Countdown, Vacant and Bloc...in that order.
Ticklethis275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ticklethis275
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts
we could use a new map and some new guns and a eral CTF not headqurters or sabatoge
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
They need to fix the servers like they said they would, the last update was a joke and made it worse. Fix that first, then give us content.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="tommcruise"]

Christopper

its just a poorly layed out map.

Infinity Ward dare to be different, if it doesn't work then fair enough. At least they try and put variety to the stages.

i wouldn't care if it had 2 maps wiht just different color schemes, i would take 5 well made maps over 20 average maps anyday. like Showdown for instance, its almost perfectly balanced, which makes it great for Sabotage or Domination.

knockouts72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 knockouts72
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts

i would like some more maps for team death match an free for all , but you know what just give us more ill take anything at this point yes it is fun to play cod4 but you must give us something new to keep things fresh inventually the same thing gets boring after a while so please keep giving us more of anything for the game.and if anyone wants to play a fun game with a clan looks us up the ice clan is in the house an my psn bosshog35

Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shinedown220
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts
I highly doubt they will give us maps for free.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

I highly doubt they will give us maps for free.Shinedown220

They might. :D

akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts

i'm hoping for smaller maps like shipment and maybe a few more perks that will actually make me want to give up my perks and start over. I don't see the point when i only get the same weapons and perks over again.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

like what? new maps and guns?3zoozM

i doubt there would be any new guns cause it wouldn't be fair for other people who don't have (unless they made it free). i wouldn't mind buying a couple of new maps. Hopefully they'l be somewhat cheaper than the Resistance maps.

3zoozM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 3zoozM
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts

i hate shipment, dont care what you say, i just hate it.

we need a level that has 2 buildings facing each other in a large open ground.

but i doubt that they will add levels. there are 16 maps already

360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts

americahellyeah

why do people hate the bloc lvl i like it.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
I think they should fix things first before they expect you to spend more money
liamabob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 liamabob
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts
Hopefully they will completely re-vamp the online structure. We need to be able to select from games.
Also, just get rid of Countdown :P I despise that level.
Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
Well... I'll be waiting to buy them. Hopefully they come out in the near future.
Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts

Which newssite?

Eller sagt på svenska vilke nyhetssida pratar du om?

juan99692k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 juan99692k6
Member since 2006 • 483 Posts

I wish infinityward updates the prestige mode level 10 like unlocking 2 attachments e. g. red dot sight and a silencer. or also a Silenced sniper rifle just like in the single player campaign that would make the prestige mode more meaningful. btw i hate the "downpour" map cuz is just too foggy and rainy is harder to spot anyone. i wish there was like a snow level or something

PSNID: Solidus2k8

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
That is great news
poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]i'd love some new maps, i just hate Bloc and Countdown soooo much. i'd like some new perks and guns too, although with the online structure set up the way it is i can't see it happening.
360player_eq12

cuz they hate getting killed by snipers like me :)
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="360player_eq12"]

poomonger613

cuz they hate getting killed by snipers like me :)

its not that i suck at the map (25 -3 with my Dragonuv) its just feels rushed and not organic like most of the other maps. i would love to see a redone bloc with a better layout, less stupid chain fence on the windows, more cover in the center (like a center building) and way less travel time between apartment complexes.

CE-13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CE-13
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I think there needs to be bigger maps, 32 player online and new guns or guns that have a greater difference between them.

the_crosbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_crosbie
Member since 2007 • 740 Posts
americahellyeah
bloc is definatly my least favorite
rac_fan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rac_fan12
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

I think there needs to be bigger maps, 32 player online and new guns or guns that have a greater difference between them.

CE-13

Ummmm no 32 multiplayer is not going to be added due to the fact that it will change the very nature of the game it will go from an awsome objective based game relying on teamwork and communication to a huge war where everyone goes of does their on thing and it ends up not being as fun like Resistance the games online was terrible no one played it properly one hit kiles WTF what is the point of the Garbage unlimited Ammo what the hell man that game just ended up being a wannabe unreal tournament online wise

iF you want the perfect call of duty 4 to become that than something is seriously wrong with u all i want is new mapps, new guns, new community features, new perks, and maybe some new game modes dont mess around with the player limit and the sizes of the map cuz its just gona ruin the online infasructure so thats my little speal

rpgfreak15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rpgfreak15
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
I like most of the maps except Bog & Crossfire. Overgrown is meh as well...
rac_fan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rac_fan12
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

I like most of the maps except Bog & Crossfire. Overgrown is meh as well...rpgfreak15

I like all those maps you named except bog bog is decent overgrown is one of my favourite maps too

integra3119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 integra3119
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i just ask they throw in a couple new maps, some guns and/or challenges, and a few more perks. and i like all the maps EXCEPT Bloc (dont mind playin it, just the only one thats uneventful). Crossfire, Vacant, and Bog are probably my top 3 favs.

PSN ID: kevin311

dholmes19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dholmes19
Member since 2006 • 1805 Posts
Originally Posted by Activision
CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE

DOWNLOADABLE MAPS ON THE WAY

Santa Monica, CA - February 4, 2008 - Fresh intel from Activision headquarters (Nasdaq: ATVI) reports that new global conflicts are planned in the form of downloadable multiplayer maps for the award-winning Call of Duty® 4: Modern WarfareTM. In development for both Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the upcoming downloadable content will thrust gamers into a hot zone of added combat across a variety of intense multiplayer locales.

"We've demonstrated our commitment to delivering the best multiplayer experience in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and that continues with our plans for new downloadable content," explains Infinity Ward's Community Manager, Robert Bowling. "We're excited about the new maps, and the added gameplay variety, and we can't wait to wrap things up and get online with everyone."

The worldwide best-selling game in units of 2007, according to The NPD Group, Chart Track and The GFK Group, and winner of more than 40 editors' choice and game of the year honors, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is rated "M" (Mature) by the ESRB for Intense Violence, Strong Language, Blood and Gore. The new downloadable content is scheduled for release this spring, and will be available on Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation Network.
Avatar image for SecretWasianMan
SecretWasianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretWasianMan
Member since 2006 • 1462 Posts
Is hoping for a co-op patch a stretch?
Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

They don't need new guns or perks or anything until they fix the online issues.

I would like to see some new maps though.

They definitely shouldn't remove any maps though they are all good and what is with people hating on the bloc, you can snipe or run around with a gun and be effective either way. They should definitely remove the Bog from the ground war cycle though, it lags so bad when there'shelicopters and air-strikes going off.

If you have to pay for these new maps I'm not going to get them.

Avatar image for BurningChimaera
BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 BurningChimaera
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts
Yes, there are new maps coming, that's been confirmed on CharlieOscarDelta. And they also said 'features', which might mean perks or guns.
Eldrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eldrew
Member since 2003 • 739 Posts

I'd be happy with some new maps, but things that really ADD something. Like a forest map? Maybe one at night with next to no visibilty which makes night vision a must? I dunno, I'd like it.

OR: ULTA-PRESTIGE MODE! Get to level 55 and restart.. twice!

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts

More maps, Weapons, Perks, and Higher Prestige levels (more than 10 prestige levels) so you can play longer and keep leveling up!! That would be nice if they added a few more weapons in each class.

COD_4_KING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 COD_4_KING
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts

you cant beat bog i love it china town and creek blow creek is made 4 camping snipers love it