CoD 4 PATCH WHERE IS IT??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

Somebody on here made a post yesterday that a CoD 4 patch was available (version 1.1 or something??) Anyway I put CoD 4 in my PS3 yesterdaywent to the MP part of the game but no notifacation of any patch available. Do I need to download it first on to a Flash stick from my PC or something? Or am I just not looking in the right part of the game?

ryank285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ryank285
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts

Somebody on here made a post yesterday that a CoD 4 patch was available (version 1.1 or something??) Anyway I put CoD 4 in my PS3 yesterdaywent to the MP part of the game but no notifacation of any patch available. Do I need to download it first on to a Flash stick from my PC or something? Or am I just not looking in the right part of the game?

Liams

The patch was for the PC version. Why someone would mention it on a PS3 forum, i don't know.

swatpup102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 swatpup102
Member since 2003 • 289 Posts
Uhh..i had to download a 1.1 patch for my ps3.....it wouldn't let me play it without the patch.
Gunslinger24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gunslinger24
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts
Same here, I put it in the PS3 3last night around 10 and said it needed an update....? Go to the CoD4 Website I guess
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts
put in the game, start it and then it will make you d/l the patch then it will make you install it and your done
[QUOTE="Liams"]

ryank285

The patch was for the PC version. Why someone would mention it on a PS3 forum, i don't know.

seriously you should do research before you say anythng

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
You were misinformed!
[QUOTE="Liams"]

ryank285

DX_HBK_HHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 DX_HBK_HHH
Member since 2006 • 1452 Posts
I didn't get a message saying i need to update.
campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts
The UK hasn't got the patch yet.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
It all depends on when you played. They must have released it two nights ago while I was already on. I went on last night and there was a message telling me to download patch version 1.20. You should do exactly what the prompts tells you and you should be good to go.
I didn't get a message saying i need to update.DX_HBK_HHH
dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

It all depends on when you played. They must have released it two nights ago while I was already on. I went on last night and there was a message telling me to download patch version 1.20. You should do exactly what the prompts tells you and you should be good to go.[QUOTE="DX_HBK_HHH"]I didn't get a message saying i need to update.mrvic87

it was released on tuesday, and you are right it didnt tell you anything cuz you were already on

and to those who dont see it, you must be from the UK

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
It's out.
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
This was a message posted from FourZeroTwo on his blog.

Hey Everyone --

Just to clarify on my last post, those Playlist changes mentioned apply to PS3 and 360 and should be hitting here soon (in December), but I wanted to make it clear that the patch itself with the other changes (i.e. Host Migration, Kill Cams) that are only for the Xbox 360 will probably hit after December, as that requires going through certification, while the Playlist changes we can change dynamically. I noticed it getting reported as the patch getting released in December, and wanted to stop it before too many hopes got up. ( )

Now for the PS3: The PS3 Connectivity patch will be hitting in the very near future and is separate from the Xbox 360 patch. The PS3 (exclusive) Connectivity patch will include:

US Data Center For NAT Server

Will make all US players connect to US data center and EU users connect to EU data center. This will optimize performance for all users in those areas. (No more international play? What the make love?)

Fixed 'Downloading Game Settings' Error

Fixed error with conflicting packet interaction.

Port 3095 Issue Corrected

Players were required to have port 3095 open in order to host. Now players who have port 3095 blocked can still host matches.

Matchmaking Optimization

Server search will end upon acquiring a certain number of good servers. Added "prefer" servers with best ping, this will optimize and expedite players finding and joining good matches.

In short, the playlist changes for both consoles will be hitting very soon, however the Xbox 360 patch will probably hit after December once it goes through certification. The PS3 connectivity patch will be hitting very soon and is separate from the 360 patch.

Let me know if you guys have any additional questions, the PS3 will be getting another patch in the new year which will contain some of the same additions as the 360 one but not all.

I Pulled This Up At charlieoscardelta.com
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts
I played COD4 last night and it said I needed to upgrade to version 1.10 or something, but I never had the time so I turned off my PS3 and went to bed...Ill get the update later
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I played COD4 last night and it said I needed to upgrade to version 1.10 or something, but I never had the time so I turned off my PS3 and went to bed...Ill get the update laterp2250

haha it only took seriously like 2 minutes

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts
Oh really, well I figured it would take about 10 min or so. I still havent updated it yet.