Co Op story mode games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cometflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cometflash
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts
Can you recommend some games like that? My friend and I just finished Resident Evil 5 and we are looking for similar games, when I say similar I don't mean like RE5, but games that has a story multiplayer mode like RE5. I appreciate if you can also inform me if such of game is available on the PSN for download.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Lost Planet 2 and Resistance 1 & 3 (I think) features 2-player offline co-op campaign.

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts

Do a web search for "Co-op games on PS3" and you should get a link to Co-Optimus that will let you do a refined search (like "Campaign Co-Op + Splitscreen").

Though, I can tell you right now, if that's what you're looking for (Campaign co-op with splitscreen), there aren't a lot of games out there for you, and probably not more than a dozen or so that are actually good games. But if you're playing online, that opens things up a bit more.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#4 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Borderlands and Resistance 3 come to mind. Also, Call of Duty: World at War, Little Big Planet, and Lost Planet 2 all support it. Portal 2 also has a seperate co-op campaign.

cometflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cometflash

Lost Planet 2 and Resistance 1 & 3 (I think) features 2-player offline co-op campaign.

TheFallenDemon
We ply online, so that wouldn't work, P.S, I was able to create this thread on my PS3, but somehow I cannot view, I used to have no problems before. :( I was forced to go on a computer to see this topic.
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

cometflash

We ply online, so that wouldn't work, P.S, I was able to create this thread on my PS3, but somehow I cannot view, I used to have no problems before. :( I was forced to go on a computer to see this topic.

Lost Planet 2 has an online campaign, for up to four players.

cometflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cometflash

[QUOTE="cometflash"][QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

TheFallenDemon

But still like a story mode thing right? I was looking at the games I have, Infamous and Dead Nation, which I got from the PSN down deal, and Red Dea Redemption, which I haven't open yet. Dead Nation seems to have a two players online game (that actually look ok), RDR seems to have the game play like Black Ops Co Op, which is really not what I'm looking for.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#8 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

[QUOTE="cometflash"] We ply online, so that wouldn't work, P.S, I was able to create this thread on my PS3, but somehow I cannot view, I used to have no problems before. :( I was forced to go on a computer to see this topic.cometflash

But still like a story mode thing right? I was looking at the games I have, Infamous and Dead Nation, which I got from the PSN down deal, and Red Dea Redemption, which I haven't open yet. Dead Nation seems to have a two players online game (that actually look ok), RDR seems to have the game play like Black Ops Co Op, which is really not what I'm looking for.

Yes, entire single player supports co-op. Same goes for the Resistance games as well, excluding Resistence 2 which has a different, albeit better, co-op.

LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Borderlands and Resistance 3 come to mind. Also, Call of Duty: World at War, Little Big Planet, and Lost Planet 2 all support it. Portal 2 also has a seperate co-op campaign.

brickdoctor

Borderlands is probably my favorite game from this gen to play split screen.

Portal 2 comes in close 2nd.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Dead Nation, Killzone 3, Little Big PLanet 2, Lost Planet 2, Lord of the Rings War in the North, Dungeon Defenders.

Avatar image for Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Dark_Metamorphosis
Member since 2003 • 13353 Posts

Trine 2 is pretty fun

Orpheus_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Orpheus_Evo
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

Killzone 3ristactionjakso

Really?? Killzone 3!? :shock:
I didn't knew that... you can play the whole Campaign in Co-op? Or is it just a "Kill-Everything-That-Moves" kind of Mode? :?

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Dead Island

Dead Rising 2

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]Killzone 3Orpheus_Evo

I didn't knew that... you can play the whole Campaign in Co-op? Or is it just a "Kill-Everything-That-Moves" kind of Mode? :?

Ya, the campaign is splitscreen co-op. Not online co-op though. Just same system splitscreen. It's actually a really good campaign if you ignore Rico, and aren't to interested in a deep story.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#16 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

portal 2 has a really good local coop mode. there are these underhanded attempts to turn the players on each other by the narrator, but i could swear there are also multiple solutions to some puzzles which can get pretty funny if youre both trying to do different things.

borderlands is pretty good and im pretty sure you can download the whole game off psn. the story itself pays no mind to the fact that there are two (or more) of you, but the story sucks to begin with. the main thing is that it plays better in coop because multiple builds will usually compliment each other.

Orpheus_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Orpheus_Evo
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

Ya, the campaign is splitscreen co-op. Not online co-op though. Just same system splitscreen.ristactionjakso

Oooohh... Now we're talking... Yep, THAT MUCH I KNEW. :D

I thought you meant ONLINE Co-op...

Nah, I don't like OFFLINE Co-op modes... and let alone if they are "Splitscreen" ones..! *THUMBS DOWN*

cerigby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 cerigby
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I think Borderlands and Dungeon Seige were great offline Co-Op games. Both have a great storyline and you can choose 1 of 4 characters to play as. Borderlands is a adventure/shooter, and dungeon seige is a RPG fantasy type. Both are more adult games too - which is great.I can't wait for Borderlands 2 this year!

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Hunted: The Demon Fprge.

cometflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cometflash

[QUOTE="Orpheus_Evo"]

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]Killzone 3ristactionjakso

Ya, the campaign is splitscreen co-op. Not online co-op though. Just same system splitscreen. It's actually a really good campaign if you ignore Rico, and aren't to interested in a deep story.

Thanks for clearing that up, I can count Killzone out then since we can only play online.
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="Orpheus_Evo"]

cometflash

Thanks for clearing that up, I can count Killzone out then since we can only play online.

Ya, it's a shame it isnt both splitscreen and online co-op. But it is worth a buy. Killzone 2 and 3 are still good games and are relatively cheap.I just bought KZ2 for $13 and couldn't be more pleased with it.