Cleaning Blu Ray Lens

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

Hey after ah... 2 months now that my PS3 DRE'd on me, I decided to fix my PS3 on my own. Sony won't do it for me since I don't have any form to prove that I purchased the item even though I'm under the freakin' warranty. I just found 2 links as to how to disassemble the PS3 and take thew Blu Ray drive out and clean the lens but I was wondering...which lens cleaner do I buy?

I found one but I don't know if this is the right one. Anyone who knows, is this the right one?

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-BR-LC-Blu-ray-Lens-Cleaner/dp/B00178HN0O/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230790614&sr=8-1

(I can't link with firefox for some reason...)

oh and if you have any other recommendations, please feel free to say so!

budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
there are lens cleaners for dvd lenses and such that are discs that you put into the drive and play. Also, i always recommend saving reciepts for every major purchase for this reason. I save all receipts for about 3 years for anything over 100 bucks.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sargentbotk
there are lens cleaners for dvd lenses and such that are discs that you put into the drive and play. Also, i always recommend saving reciepts for every major purchase for this reason. I save all receipts for about 3 years for anything over 100 bucks.budboarder
The one I linked to, is it good enough? I never tried this lol.
budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#4 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
seems perfect
ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ENIXMAN
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts
So using a regular DVD cleaner will mess up the PS3? I have the Maxwell DVD cleaner which has a little brush on it. Me.. I am confused.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sargentbotk
So using a regular DVD cleaner will mess up the PS3? I have the Maxwell DVD cleaner which has a little brush on it. Me.. I am confused.ENIXMAN
I'm not sure about that. My PS3 isn't covered so...I'm just going to buy that and try and see if it reads my games again. Hopefully it works...KZ2 is right around the corner and I want it fixed before then :(.
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
I have that blu-ray cleaner and when my ps3 stopped reading discs I tried it, but it didn't help at all. I'm not saying it wont work for you, but in my case my blu-ray drive was DEAD. Maybe for you it's just dust build-up. It can't hurt to try it. Oh and there is no need to take apart your PS3 to clean it using that disc. I'm a little confused by that part.
SCzOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SCzOwn
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts

[QUOTE="budboarder"]there are lens cleaners for dvd lenses and such that are discs that you put into the drive and play. Also, i always recommend saving reciepts for every major purchase for this reason. I save all receipts for about 3 years for anything over 100 bucks.sargentbotk
The one I linked to, is it good enough? I never tried this lol.

Hahahahahahahaha@your sig

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sargentbotk
I have that blu-ray cleaner and when my ps3 stopped reading discs I tried it, but it didn't help at all. I'm not saying it wont work for you, but in my case my blu-ray drive was DEAD. Maybe for you it's just dust build-up. It can't hurt to try it. Oh and there is no need to take apart your PS3 to clean it using that disc. I'm a little confused by that part.Lobster_Ear
I never really tried any of this stuff. Is the thing I posted a disc? Or is it a liquid solution to manually clean the lens?
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sargentbotk

Hahahahahahahaha@your sig

SCzOwn
Yeah lol. That was a funny moment at GameTrailers lol.
no_use4aname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 no_use4aname
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
yes using a cleaning disc with a brush may damage your lens you can get a brushless cleaner disc that uses some sort of "wind tunnel" system to remove the dust