Castlevania:LOS....HOLY !@#$

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

I just finished Castlevania:LOS last night. All I have to say is HOLY !#$% There were four (from what I am labeling them) plot twists in the last ten minutes of the game. I was floored and very excited. If you have been on the fence about buying this game, I am strongly recommending getting this game if not just for the ending itself. If you are currently playing this game, you will not be disappointed when you finish. This is actually an incentive for you guys to finish the game faster. However, here is a hint, DO NOT skip the ending credits. There is more to come.

Did anyone here who finished the game feel the same way? Let me hear what you thought.

Solarburn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Solarburn24
Member since 2004 • 1643 Posts

Been wanting to rent it bit its always out.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
This game looks pretty good. I'll pick it up later.
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

The ending is amazing I beat it a couple days after it first came out. I also guessed right from the very beginning what was gonna happen to Gabriel Belmont which made me even more excited. Now I'm glad there was a reboot and the cannon from the previous games are thrown out and don't matter because in all honesty the previous castlevania games didn't even have a story. It was just lets kill dracula every 100 years and repeat. Atleast this way they can make a story out of it. I wanted the story to be like this from the very beginning anyway so the Belmont's atleast had a reason to go after dracula. Which from the ending they now do.... Unless....spoilers!!!!

There are no more Belmont's because Gabriel is......... (Insert giveaway to the whole story).

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i played it for a couple hours the day of its release, i thought it was pretty awful and haven't played it since.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I must agree. The demo turned me off but I had some extra cash and got the game and I must say minus a few controller issues and cheap AI moments it was a great game and the ending after the credits got me good. Can't wait for the sequel
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
Graphics and story is awesome, but the controls, camera and gameplay is not so great, in fact their not good...
FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

Graphics and story is awesome, but the controls, camera and gameplay is not so great, in fact their not good...jack00

I have to agree here. I think the game only has a couple of flaws, but the whole fixed camera thing drove me nuts. This has to be the worst flaw of the game. Hopefully the sequal won't have that fixed camera.

RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
IMO, I liked the fixed camera and controls, never had a problem with the game (which I loved from start to finish). Cant wait for the sequel
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Loved the game. Ending was great. I liked all the twists and the extra scene after the credit was awesome. Although I had a feeling that.... [spoiler] Zobek would turn out to be a bad guy. Idk why. He just gave off that vibe to me. Something told me that he was just trying to get the power of the mask for himself. The fact that he was the Lord of the Dead and that he formulated that entire plan was completely unexpected though [/spoiler]
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i'll give'em props where they deserve, the artwork &presentation is definitely awesome. but i thought that the camera issues were unbearable (too many "where am i supposed to be going?" moments in the first couple hours) along with the magic drawing system not feeling natural. basically i'd recommend watching yahtzee's review on it b/c it mirrors my sentiments perfectly.

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

When the price goes down, it will be a sure buy for me.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

J-Man725
Me two
Stigmatist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stigmatist
Member since 2009 • 200 Posts

J-Man725

I bought C-LoS at Kmart for $39.99 new.

Neir $20.

Vanquish will be $35 soon.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The 7.5 review Castlevania got is total BS! It's as if they were paid off or had some inside reasons for scoring it low.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

The ending credits were pretty amazing, overall - excellent game and under appreciated by some major review sites.

Probably because they didn't had time nor patience to enjoy the game and simply must finish quick to make the review deadline. Happens all the time.

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

[QUOTE="J-Man725"]

Stigmatist

I bought C-LoS at Kmart for $39.99 new.

Neir $20.

Vanquish will be $35 soon.

I typically wait for them to dip below $15-20 used if it's not something I'm absolutely itching to get right away, which it's not.

superlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18 superlobo
Member since 2008 • 599 Posts

I just beat it last night and...... WOW, I didn't see any of that coming my way. I haven't been surprised like that in a long, long time and I've been playing games for more than 20 years now. After the ending credits, and the surprise after ending, I was thinking " WOW, if they make a sequel based off of these characters and story set up, it going to be AWESOME , A MUST BUY"

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

The 7.5 review Castlevania got is total BS! It's as if they were paid off or had some inside reasons for scoring it low.

clr84651
It's just one mans opinion.