Cant remember PSN password and apparently also date of birth?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SimpsonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SimpsonKnight
Member since 2007 • 235 Posts

Hey, so I am in a bit of a pickle right now. As it turns out I have forgotten my PSN password and am unable to log into my account. I tried retrieving my password through the regular "Forgot Password" procedure but apparently I have also forgotten my date of birth. At first it seemed possible because I did make my account a few years ago and maybe at the time I did lie about my birthday and there is nothing you could do i such a situation, right? I would just have to make a new account. But then I looked through I email and I found two different PSN password reset emails, one from two years ago and another one from maybe 6 months ago. That means I was able to input my birthday and answer my security question at those times, right? Meaning I must put in my real birthday when making my account, right? I am 100% sure that I dont have like a fake birthday that I use when making accounts. So ya, thats where I am at right now. Unable to access my PSN and play Assassins Creed: Brotherhood online which I just got a week. ago. :( Any advice would be awesome.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#2 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Just contact Sony directly and explain the situation.

And never lie. Unless you have an awesome memory.

SimpsonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SimpsonKnight

I tried doing that yesterday and again just now but it says that their site is down when I click on the "Forgot Password" button. Maybe its not me, maybe its the PSN thats having issues and I actually did use my real birthday?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
You can go to playstation website, try to loggin, and it will ask you the forgot password and go from there.. good luck.
SimpsonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SimpsonKnight

Should I maybe call their support line? Do you think they may actually help considering for the moment I dont have the correct birthday?

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

Just contact Sony directly and explain the situation.

And never lie. Unless you have an awesome memory.

d_parker
Or just write down your information on a piece of paper and keep it somewhere safe
SimpsonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SimpsonKnight

Good news. I managed to remember my PSN password. Now I am concerned though cause if I forget it in the future Ii wont be able to get a new one sonce apparently I dont know my own birthday. :/

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
how could you not know your birthday unless you just randomly put some crap in those fields. Which begs the question... why did you put in a bogus birthdate?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
It defies belief people use false information then come running for help. There is a solution though, don't lie, someone knowing your birthday isn't going to get you killed.
RobNBanks-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RobNBanks-
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts

I think that's a glitch. I use the same password for everything (with a slight variation) and yet it still tells me it's wrong.

SimpsonKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SimpsonKnight

Ok, did you guys not read my first post? I said I am 99.9999% sure I didnt use a fake birthday and furthermore I looked through my emails and found two password reset emails meaning I have in the past forgotten my password and successfuly reset and thus must have used my real birthday. Thats why I made this board. Because this whole thing is just bizarre and I think there may be a blitch on Sony's side.

AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts
I presume that you put the birthday in the correct format DD/MM/YEAR or however it asks, in case you made an error on your original setup of the account and put the date in the month box and visa versa it may be worth switching them around, the number of times iv put my details into a form only for it to say the 15th month doest not exist because its asked for the date in the US (which is completely insane and illogical) date format
Vodka_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vodka_FTW
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
Same thing happened to me, just email them and they will definitely give you a reset password, but give them as much info as you can and explain your situation.