Can't decide whether to get a Vita or not-help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for millerblade2706
millerblade2706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 millerblade2706
Member since 2010 • 88 Posts

Hello,

So we are the kind of couple who loves our gadgets and loves to get them on launch eg. ps3, 360, 3ds, ipad2, iphone 4s etc......Not to say money is no option but we dont spend our money on drinking or gambling, we just like our gadgets.

BUT since the first psp we lost all interest, especially in the psp go which we HATED the point of not having hard copies of games! Apart from music deivces I like to have actual games! So when we heard the VITA was coming out we got all excited about a handheld psp again. HOWEVER im not reading raving reviews, and not seeing people screaming about how good it is on youtube for instance. Ive seen one in person but didnt really have chance to play on it, it felt big and plasticy and cheaply made, which was not at all what i was expecting.

Im so undecided even after doing a fair bit of googling on forums and youtube.

Any advice you can give me? thanks

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
I have watched alot of enthusiastic videos on youtube. You could always wait for Black Friday for deals.
Gmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gmythe
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

I got a Vita, and all I have to say is if you like tech you will like the Vita. The OLED screen is amazing for watching movies, but unless there are some game you want to play on it I wouldn't get it.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Strange, by your own description, you don't sound like someone who's into gadgets at all.

Don't get one.

Avatar image for looseyourself87
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 looseyourself87
Member since 2004 • 307 Posts

i don't know how much you are into gadgets. if you think vita is the next psp then it's probably not for you. I wasn't at all happy with the psp i had it for like a month then i gave it to my brother who doesn't care about tech stuff so much bt just loves to play games. So it really depends on how technical you are. Also depends on how much time you stay away for a handheld to be necessary. Personally I'm getting it because the graphics is top notch, the titles both launch and the ones that are lined up to come out this year are all top of the line titles i.e. bioshock, cod, wwe on a handheld which can display graphics very close to the ps3 is just a must have for me. Plus i'm actually happy about the size because i didn't like the stupid screen that the psp had and the dual analogue is obviously a major addition.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I'd say get one. There are games worth checking out on it. Just don't listen to the reviews.
charomid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 charomid
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

COD and Bioshock are coming out for the Vita?????? if thats true i gotta get one now

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

COD and Bioshock are coming out for the Vita?????? if thats true i gotta get one now

charomid

Both have been *confirmed* but we don't know when they will come out.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="charomid"]

Blake135

Both have been *confirmed* but we don't know when they will come out.

Call Of Duty has been confirmed for the fall/autumn.
looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 looseyourself87

yes both have been confirmed... plus there are loads more coming... for me mortal kombat is also a big deal... theres assassins creed, dust 514, final fantasy, killzone, little big planet, etc etc...

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blake135

yes both have been confirmed... plus there are loads more coming... for me mortal kombat is also a big deal... theres assassins creed, dust 514, final fantasy, killzone, little big planet, etc etc...

looseyourself87

Also VERY keen for MK, the new trailer for it got me excited.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#12 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="looseyourself87"]

Blake135

Me too, haven't gotten the console version yet seeing as it was banned and i never got around to importing it. I'll just get this version instead.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blake135

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

[QUOTE="looseyourself87"]

zarshack

Me too, haven't gotten the console version yet seeing as it was banned and i never got around to importing it. I'll just get this version instead.

Same boat didn't get the console version, does it have online MP ? if so would be cool since I doubt I will see many people that I know to vs.

EDIT: Looked it up, supposedly does, sweeet.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#14 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

Blake135

Same boat didn't get the console version, does it have online MP ? if so would be cool since I doubt I will see many people that I know to vs.

It does, possibly even cross platform play with PS3.

looseyourself87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 looseyourself87

dont know about cross play... but i guess it'll have only 1v1 online play....

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

[QUOTE="zarshack"]Me too, haven't gotten the console version yet seeing as it was banned and i never got around to importing it. I'll just get this version instead.

zarshack

It does, possibly even cross platform play with PS3.

From what I've read it's not going to support cross play.
charomid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 charomid
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

the vita is just getting me more hyped in the last week than ever. all these wicked games that are supposedly coming out are amazing. lbp,killzone, now i know bioshock and cod.

millerblade2706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 millerblade2706

i don't know how much you are into gadgets. if you think vita is the next psp then it's probably not for you. I wasn't at all happy with the psp i had it for like a month then i gave it to my brother who doesn't care about tech stuff so much bt just loves to play games. So it really depends on how technical you are. Also depends on how much time you stay away for a handheld to be necessary. Personally I'm getting it because the graphics is top notch, the titles both launch and the ones that are lined up to come out this year are all top of the line titles i.e. bioshock, cod, wwe on a handheld which can display graphics very close to the ps3 is just a must have for me. Plus i'm actually happy about the size because i didn't like the stupid screen that the psp had and the dual analogue is obviously a major addition.

looseyourself87

In all honestly those saying its not another psp, it is actually mainly a gaming device, which is solelywhat a psp was. Although yes the ps vita does so much more it is a handheld gaming device and you cant take away from that.

millerblade2706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 millerblade2706

Strange, by your own description, you don't sound like someone who's into gadgets at all.

Don't get one.

Gxgear

Well I am, strange you see it different.

millerblade2706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 millerblade2706

Thank you to those with helpful replies. I managed to go into game today and spend a good 15 minutes playing on one. It looked really good on fifa but poor graphics on mod nation. Didnt get chance to try anything else.I still think it feels very plasticy which I didnt expect. Its definately a lot bigger than I thought, but that doesnt take away from how portable it is, an ipad is much bigger and many people including me carry one of those around. I think I will get one, very unsure which memory card to go for. Also unsure whether to go for 3G or just wifi on its on. Im shocked the stores arent doing a midnight launch (or should i say the ones i asked) for it, they did one for kinect so thought they would do one without question. speaking to the staff in the shops today they all seemed very disappointed at the interest in the vita and the lack of pre-orders.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

If you don't already have your PSvita. Then you have anwered your own question.I have the PSvita and I love it. I just use it for gaming. Nothing more. Sony has made a great Handheld gaming device. (however took them long enought to listen 2 analog sticks, they could have easily added them on one of the revisions)

Since I really liked PSP. 62 retail games I have bought since launch. 11 more for PSP go. I have enjoyed PSP since it launched. Just used it for playing videogames nothing more.

So for me the decision to buy PSvita was easy. Since I enjoy gaming. I will use my PSvita just for games.

So if you like gaming them buy one. if not nothing anyone can say is going to change your mind.

millerblade2706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 millerblade2706

If you don't already have your PSvita. Then you have anwered your own question.Megavideogamer

Errrr well its not actually been launched in my country yet! I dont import things, I wait until official launch. So perhaps thats why I havent got one yet LOL