canceling my mgs4 preorder

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nonshuhlahnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nonshuhlahnt
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts

Yes thats right im canceling my preorder today.

But only so i can get it at a place thats doing a midnight launch lol.

Anyone else doing the same? or are you even going to a midnight launch? or are you just patient? i dunno

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
Midnight launch in brampton Ontario. EBGames called me yesterday unepectedly
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts
I did the same thing

Anyone else doing the same? or are you even going to a midnight launch? or are you just patient? i dunno

nonshuhlahnt
nonshuhlahnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nonshuhlahnt

Nice, i wish the place i am preordering from did that.

Ruined all my plans you know. Anyway you think your going to it?

bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 bjhean
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
my copy is shipped so I will have it tomorrow :)
but then I'll have to wait until next week or so for the limited edition from US :P i live in Sweden.
nonshuhlahnt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nonshuhlahnt

I would have my games shipped since im lazy but i just cant wait i dunno.

This is actually my first time going to a midnight launch, heres hoping i dont get stabbed lol.

Funny_bunch71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Funny_bunch71
Member since 2005 • 1563 Posts

Midnight launch in brampton Ontario. EBGames called me yesterday unepectedlyMiguel16

I live in Brampton =O

Goku2639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Goku2639
Member since 2005 • 5450 Posts
You do that. I live in NYC so Im going to the Midnight launch at Times Square to shake Hideo Kojima's hand and get my copied signed by him tonight
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

[QUOTE="Miguel16"]Midnight launch in brampton Ontario. EBGames called me yesterday unepectedlyFunny_bunch71

I live in Brampton =O

Oh yea? What area? The midnight launch is at the EBGames at Airport Rd and Queen St.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
I have schoolwork and I have to work a small shift tomorrow morning, so I just pre-ordered and will pick it up sometime tomorrow around 2-ish.
joehan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 joehan86
Member since 2005 • 310 Posts
[QUOTE="Funny_bunch71"]

[QUOTE="Miguel16"]Midnight launch in brampton Ontario. EBGames called me yesterday unepectedlyMiguel16

I live in Brampton =O

Oh yea? What area? The midnight launch is at the EBGames at Airport Rd and Queen St.

Haha I live in st. catharines Ontario... but no midnight launch for me... that I am aware of anyways

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
I'm going to be busy tonight so I won't be able to go to any midnight releases. I'll hopefully be able to grab it at Best Buy tomorrow. If they run out there's a Wal-mart not even a mile away from there so I think I should be fine. I still have to play through MGS2 and 3 actually...
JMAN320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 JMAN320
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts
I think ill do that. My preorder is predicted to come on the 16th. Dont know why! Im from Arizona. DAMN ITS HOT HERE!
brownthrilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 brownthrilla
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
I'm not a die hard MGS fan so I'm not going to the midnight launch. I mean, you preorder the game so that you guarantee yourself a copy of the game. So, going to the midnight launch is unnecessary unless you have no patience.
Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts

I would have my games shipped since im lazy but i just cant wait i dunno.

This is actually my first time going to a midnight launch, heres hoping i dont get stabbed lol.

nonshuhlahnt

Lol...unless the store is in a really bad part of town you should be fine. I've gone to 2 midnight releases (Halo 2 & 3) and it was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone. Bring something to drink, and if you live in a big city bring a lawn chair and you'll have a blast.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
what happens if you get to the front of line and it is soldout then your stuck with no copy. sorry to jinks you nock on wood.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts

Midnight launch in brampton Ontario. EBGames called me yesterday unepectedlyMiguel16
They know where you live.....

I might try this game, never been a huge fan. I've played a few of them for a few minutes but thats it. Although this one looks interesting.

shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

nonshuhlahnt

I got my copy today, standard edition from play.com, they had copies in stock on monday and were posted on tues and recieved on wednesday, 1 day early, i pre-ordered my copy in august 2007, i buy all my games from play, 90% of the time they come 1-2 days early ive had games 3-4 days early also, and ive never had a game delievered later than the release date, that why i get all my games from there as with free delivery my games just get posted through my door at 9/10am saves a trip to the store.

I finished work 2 hours early just to come back and start it, i hate it when i know games ive been waiting years to play are in the house waiting for me.

I played the first 40 mins or so, i started on the hardest difficutly unlocked(big boss hard) but enemies hear even the slightest of movement from quite a distance away, even when your crawling, so its best to do the humping crawl thing, im debating whether to go back to normal for my first play through then play agin on the unlocked hardest difficulty once im used to the controls and what not, but i prefer to play games i really like on the hardest setting on my first play through as it make the expierence more fufilling but if it becomes annoying and i keep dying at one point over and over i get sick of it, im going to stick at it on hard for now as i have not died yet and i plan to play it sneaking all the way through how its ment to be played IMO.

Im having a break now making some tea and watching the euro 2008 game but if any other early owners wish to have a blast at MGO at some stage let me know.

Already i feel like this could be the best game of the new generation, but i have a bit of a bias towards metal gear as i love the series and 40 mins is nowhere near enough to judge that, just my first intial impression.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
no place in my area is having a midnight launch :cry: small towns suck.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
[QUOTE="Funny_bunch71"]

[QUOTE="Miguel16"]Midnight launch in brampton Ontario. EBGames called me yesterday unepectedlyMiguel16

I live in Brampton =O

That location is their headquarters, i have no idea if they have a store in their headquarters though ... I was there like 2 days ago with my friend we were trying to figure out a way to get in, cause we assumed that they would have skids of mgs4's lying around lol. Anybody know about midnight launch in sauga?

scarfacelover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 scarfacelover
Member since 2006 • 214 Posts
Well I didn't cancel for the mid-night release I just cancelled once just to get into the MGO beta.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

You do that. I live in NYC so Im going to the Midnight launch at Times Square to shake Hideo Kojima's hand and get my copied signed by him tonightGoku2639

To bad Virgin aren't goin to sell the MSG4/ PS3 bundle, that would of been a good move.

Goku2639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Goku2639
Member since 2005 • 5450 Posts

[QUOTE="Goku2639"]You do that. I live in NYC so Im going to the Midnight launch at Times Square to shake Hideo Kojima's hand and get my copied signed by him tonightWR_Platinum

yea that kinda sucks. Im just getting the Limited Editio version of MGS4 tho

To bad Virgin aren't goin to sell the MSG4/ PS3 bundle, that would of been a good move.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

nonshuhlahnt

You got me with your topic. I had to click it :)