Canadian DLC on European Resident Evil 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

I have a question that i hope someone here can answer, i have a Canadian friend that gave me is email and password so i could download the Slayer mode for Resident Evil 5, i've download it and its on my HDD, problem is the option doesn't show up in the game, am i doing something wrong?

As soon as the download was done it installed alone, does anyone know why that doesn't work? is it because i have a European PSN or a European game?

PS: i tought stuff for the PS3 was spose to be region free, and another thing, any news on pre-paid cards for the store in europe?

hibikino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 hibikino
Member since 2004 • 666 Posts

I'd really like to know the answer as well.... I just lent a friend my account so that we could play Versus together but there is no Versus option for him.

Mr_Popo74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Mr_Popo74
Member since 2004 • 153 Posts
Ah, see...the GAMES are region-free. Demos, and whatnot as well. However, the DLC is not. I tried installing costumes from the European store on the North American version of LittleBigPlanet, and the game wouldn't run anymore until I uninstalled them.
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts
Ah, see...the GAMES are region-free. Demos, and whatnot as well. However, the DLC is not. I tried installing costumes from the European store on the North American version of LittleBigPlanet, and the game wouldn't run anymore until I uninstalled them.Mr_Popo74
damn, that's not right, Sony should re-thing this things, like Japanese store always get the good stuff, American is ok too but European... there's no explanation for that, and Sony wants us not to create accounts in other territories.... well fix this and we wont.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Popo74"]Ah, see...the GAMES are region-free. Demos, and whatnot as well. However, the DLC is not. I tried installing costumes from the European store on the North American version of LittleBigPlanet, and the game wouldn't run anymore until I uninstalled them.Kane04
damn, that's not right, Sony should re-thing this things, like Japanese store always get the good stuff, American is ok too but European... there's no explanation for that, and Sony wants us not to create accounts in other territories.... well fix this and we wont.

Do it as I do and import Games you know you'll like and you want to be sure to get the dl fast, so this whole "thei are only getting the good stuff" isn't really valid :/ About your problem with the dl, try getting a credit card, a lot of banks give prepaid credit cards to whoever wants them ^^