Can you log into more than one profile on one PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

User Lists: 0

#1 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
So I only have one controller so far and I was wondering, say you want to play Street Fighter or even LittleBigPlanet, can another person log into their account, so they can get trophies too?
tophmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tophmoney
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
I was wondering the same thing - My Wife and I play games together a lot and it seems I have to copy our saved game to her profile or vice versa
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 one_on_one

I was wondering the same thing - My Wife and I play games together a lot and it seems I have to copy our saved game to her profile or vice versatophmoney

Thanks for letting me know about this. So I can basically just copy the saved games and put them to different accounts right? I wanted to change my PSN ID but didn't want to lose the trophies but with this I can easily just copy and paste.

XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XFilthX
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

Yes and no. For instance, you can play LittleBigPlanet with more than one profile. When you load the game with 2 or more controllers turned on, as soon as you enter the pod, it will promt you to log in for the second controller.

On the other hand, you can't do that for games like Resistance 2. I tried, and when you log in for the second controller, it just logs you in as [PLAYER 1's NAME]1. So for me, player two was called Chris1.

So it really all depends on the game.

one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 one_on_one

Oh ok thanks, so it just depends on the game. But one thing for sure you and the second account won't be able to unlock trophies together or does that depend on the game again?

XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XFilthX
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

Oh ok thanks, so it just depends on the game. But one thing for sure you and the second account won't be able to unlock trophies together or does that depend on the game again?

one_on_one

That at least depends on the game. When I played co-op LittleBigPlanet with my girlfrend, we both got trophies.

When I played Resistance 2 with my brother, we didn't get any trophies, then again, I'm not sure if either of us were eligible for a trophy in the first place.