can you earn trophies in grandt theft auto iv using cheats?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 seannn199
Member since 2008 • 1137 Posts
can you earn trophies in grandt theft auto iv using cheats? because i dont feal like beating the game a second time without using cheats
Chaos_Tower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Chaos_Tower
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
nope you gotta do it the hardway.
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
I don't know maybe start a new game with cheats and see if you complete the first mission...... If you don't receive a trophy then..
ScorpiuS739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ScorpiuS739
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
I don't know maybe start a new game with cheats and see if you complete the first mission...... If you don't receive a trophy then..Nocturnal_Speed
The Happening...
1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1337h4xx0rz
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts
Yeah, you earn the "I'm a big fat cheater!" trophy :)
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Yeah, you earn the "I'm a big fat cheater!" trophy :)1337h4xx0rz

yeah I know! stupid. I mean really, who goes n cheats to try enjoy the game another way or to add replay value to get there money's worth....IDIOTS!!!! :lol:

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Personally the GTA games have been the most fun games ever to use gamesharks or codebreakers on. My favorite would probably be devil armor since then the only way to die would be drowning. Also infinite ammo was great and i had a cheat called rocket ridez where when you blew up a car it would explode straight up into the sky like a rocket and take like 10 seconds to finaly come back into view lol. Metal Gear Solid is also a really fun one to cheat on but those are the only cheats i liked to do.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Well with the 360 version when ever you used a cheat code it would give you a message saying these achievements are now locked. I'd imagine its the same for PS3, if it does not tell you directly it still probably locks the same Trophies.
seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 seannn199
so no one tried it yet? and like i said before i already beat the game without using cheats im just doing it again to get the trophies this time around..
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
i tried it and the majority of the trophys can no longer be earned. you can still get trophys for things like the arcade games, bowling and multiplayer. but ya a message pops up and says some trophys are no longer acheivable
gtyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gtyu
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts
e
I don't know maybe start a new game with cheats and see if you complete the first mission...... If you don't receive a trophy then..Nocturnal_Speed
i love your sig dude it's really confusing
Risitance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Risitance
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
i tried it and the majority of the trophys can no longer be earned. you can still get trophys for things like the arcade games, bowling and multiplayer. but ya a message pops up and says some trophys are no longer acheivablegrand17
yep the best thing to do is to Save the game before you use a cheat, then find out which cheat cancels what trophy's. Then get that trophy so you can use that cheat.
seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seannn199
[QUOTE="grand17"]i tried it and the majority of the trophys can no longer be earned. you can still get trophys for things like the arcade games, bowling and multiplayer. but ya a message pops up and says some trophys are no longer acheivableRisitance
yep the best thing to do is to Save the game before you use a cheat, then find out which cheat cancels what trophy's. Then get that trophy so you can use that cheat.

yeah but then there would be no point in using that cheat then cause thats why the trophies lock out. oh well thanks for your help then.
d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#14 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts
you can use the cheats to spawn cars and bikes and boats (not helicopters) they wont effect the trophies i beat the game using the super gt cheat a lot and i still got all the trophies i should have. guns, money and wanted level effect trophies so dont use them
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
it does suck because on the first play through i made a point of never cheating but the 2nd time i found the game so tedious and slow
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
i don't know but i think that it's a bad idea. you don't win by cheating! maybe its ok to use cheats to finih the gme or get items or weapons, but not the trophy. ain't worth it!
nikgamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 nikgamma
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
No, every time you use a cheat, it makes it so you cant get one of the trophies. you can beat the game in under 30 hrs if you dont screw around and fail alot of missions