Can PS Vita play all PSP games downloaded from Asia store?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bqefhpasdgpihw
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts

PS store in HK has a list of PSP games that can be played on Vita. The list doesn't cover all games, and many good PSOne classics are missed out. Wanted to make sure I can play those games before buying a Vita.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

PS store in HK has a list of PSP games that can be played on Vita. The list doesn't cover all games, and many good PSOne classics are missed out. Wanted to make sure I can play those games before buying a Vita.

bqefhpasdgpihw

It depends. The Vita can play some PSP games not on the PS Vita PS store if you transfer them from a PS3 to the Vita.

bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bqefhpasdgpihw
I haven't bought a Vita yet, is there a PS Vita store on PSN? It appears all PSN games are for PS3 or PSP, but nothing for PS Vita. Can I download PSP games directly to Vita? After downloading, can I play it on Vita? I wouldn't want to pay for a game that can't be played on a Vita. Most importantly, if many good PSP games can't be played on Vita, then I need to rethink whether to buy a Vita at all, as there aren't many good Vita games yet... thanks.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
I haven't bought a Vita yet, is there a PS Vita store on PSN? It appears all PSN games are for PS3 or PSP, but nothing for PS Vita. Can I download PSP games directly to Vita? After downloading, can I play it on Vita? I wouldn't want to pay for a game that can't be played on a Vita. Most importantly, if many good PSP games can't be played on Vita, then I need to rethink whether to buy a Vita at all, as there aren't many good Vita games yet... thanks.bqefhpasdgpihw
There is a PS store on the Vita and anything on that store will work on the Vita. You would download the games directly to the device. There are some games that are not available on the Vita store that can be played on the Vita though. There is probably a list somewhere on the internet. You'd have to look.
bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bqefhpasdgpihw
Got it, so not all psp games are compatible with ps vita. will check