Can i Use Playstation 3's Component Cable With Playstation 2 to get 480p?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Matty_gamer
Member since 2006 • 395 Posts

Well the topic says it all i want to know if i can use the playstation 3's component cable with my Ps2 to get the 480p resolution on my HDTV???

If so will the Picture quality be good?

I had to ask this coz the Ps2 Component cables appear to be obselete in the stores near me and i cant find em any where...

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts

Well the topic says it all i want to know if i can use the playstation 3's component cable with my Ps2 to get the 480p resolution on my HDTV???

If so will the Picture quality be good?

I had to ask this coz the Ps2 Component cables appear to be obselete in the stores near me and i cant find em any where...

Matty_gamer
yes, but you will only get 480p in games that support progressive scan mode an example being God of War, u turn it on in the menu, and it looks a little better that way to me.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
They have the same output, so that accessory is interchangeable. Just remember, as marcl18123 indicated, not every game is capable of 480p or higher.
lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
A lot of games don't have the option of turning it on within the game. Some I believe you have to hold Triangle down when you turn on the system.
Matty_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Matty_gamer
Member since 2006 • 395 Posts

Yes any more info on forced 480p i mean the one with the Triangle pressed how exactly do u do that...??

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

Yes any more info on forced 480p i mean the one with the Triangle pressed how exactly do u do that...??

Matty_gamer
The process to activate progressive scan on games that support it (if it's not already a part of the game's options menu) is by holding in triangle and X while the game is starting up.